Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

2 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Download Madrid and Mad Cool are both run by Live Nation, are both in the same place (Caja Mágica) and there is one 2 weeks gap between them, so they will use the same set up for the stages.

Download Madrid have already sold 30k tickets (capacity is 45k).

I think that both festival will have different target audience. Maybe Rammstein will be the 2nd headliner for Download Madrid, and I'm pretty sure that its line up will be 90% metal. 

I think that both festivals are complementary in a 6 millon people area like Madrid.

Where have you seen that they've sold 30 thousand tickets? I haven't seen that anywhere & would be surprised if System have managed to shift that many tickets on their own. 

Rammstein aren't touring in 2017, so I doubt it'll be them. More likely to be Aerosmith or Linkin Park. 

Regardless of the fact that they're both run by LiveNation (& the population of Madrid) I still think it may struggle being so close to MadCool when Green Day & Foo Fighters appeal to the exact same target audience as Download is likely to cater for. 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, gregory said:

source.gif

Its a moving image on twitter and shows the letters K S N A C dropping. Not sure if that's a clue but the last two pictures were and the only band who I can think has all those letters is Arctic Monkeys but surely they won't be around next year already?

So excited by this line up,Green Day and Foo Fighters are my two favourite bands of all time so I'm definitely going this year...never been to a european festival though and don't know a lot about Mad Cool,can someone tell me how likely it is to sell out as I can't find any info on the capacity!Not bothered about the early bird option just as long as I can get tickets when I know I can go.Grateful for any info/advice in advance!

1 hour ago, MJ171717 said:

So excited by this line up,Green Day and Foo Fighters are my two favourite bands of all time so I'm definitely going this year...never been to a european festival though and don't know a lot about Mad Cool,can someone tell me how likely it is to sell out as I can't find any info on the capacity!Not bothered about the early bird option just as long as I can get tickets when I know I can go.Grateful for any info/advice in advance!

Think total attendance over 3 days was about 100k this year, so 35k a day-ish.

Early birds go on sale today at 9am GMT for €125+fees, then change to €145+fees :)

40 minutes ago, foolee said:

Is there any kind of shuttle bus from anywhere going to the festival, just looking at the best place to get a hotel

You can reach the festival using the metro. Last year there was a bus that connected the festival with Cibeles (an Square near the city center) during the night. Next year the festival will end late enough to catch the metro for the way back.

You can also get a taxi (there is a huge taxi rank in each exit of the festival). It will be 10 or 12 euros to the city center.

2 hours ago, hamishrankin said:

Any recommendations for Hostels nearby the festival, preferably within 20 mins walking distance (the equivalent of walking back to a campsite of there was camping? 

Try to find in Legazpi area. 20 minutes walking from the festival and I think there ar some hotels and hostels.

However, you can arrive to the festival in 10 or 15 minutes using the metro, so you can find a hostel in the yellow line route (line number 3) in the city center (Sol, Lavapies, Callao, Plaza España) and the take the metro to the festvial: 10 trips are only 12 euros and you will be in the center during the day enjoying the city.

Edited by johnybegood

3 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Next announcement on Friday. 

Mad Cool Community Manager has hinted subtly that another headliner will be announced (maybe on friday announcement)

Surely that's all 3 headliners announced now though? How long do you think it will take for tickets to sell out for this as its a pretty big lineup so far?

Just now, foolee said:

Surely that's all 3 headliners announced now though? How long do you think it will take for tickets to sell out for this as its a pretty big lineup so far?

I think that GD, FF and KoL will be the headliners, but their Comunity Manager hasn't confirmed that KoL are headliners, so maybe they can co-headline with a band TBA.

I don't know when the festival will sell out, but I don't think that it will sell out very fast. Mad Cool weekend in Spain we have BBK live in Bilbao, Resurrection Fest in Galicia and Cruilla Fest in Barcelona, so it won't be easy for all of them to sell out. Let's wait for friday announcement: maybe they will announce a big band, maybe just spanish bands... let's see!

21 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Try to find in Legazpi area. 20 minutes walking from the festival and I think there ar some hotels and hostels.

However, you can arrive to the festival in 10 or 15 minutes using the metro, so you can find a hostel in the yellow line route (line number 3) in the city center (Sol, Lavapies, Callao, Plaza España) and the take the metro to the festvial: 10 trips are only 12 euros and you will be in the center during the day enjoying the city.

Thanks will definitely look into that. What time does the metro stay open till? Wondering if we would be able to get back if it was a bit later than when all the main acts finished?