Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

24 minutes ago, gregory said:

The XX, Imagine Dragons, The Kills are all playing NOS Alive and yet to have a Spanish fest confirmed. 

A few acts doing festivals that come to mind; Franz Ferdinand, Local Natives, Banks, Air, Avalanches, Flume, Lorde, Father John Misty, Solange

The XX are headlining Primavera. Solange & Local Natives playing there, too. -> Not playing.

Franz Ferdinand is exclusive to Low Festival. -> Not playing.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Any idea of the bands that could still be announced? 

Expect the unexpected. Their last announcement was Dinosaur Jr, Ryan Adams, Royskopp, Spoon - all of them haven;t been announced anywhere else before. Last year MCF were the first festival to announce Jane's Addiction, Gary Clark Jr., The Who. From the artists that already got dates across the Europe and not playing spanish fests, i can mention Iggy Pop, Deftones, Archive, Travis Scott

38 minutes ago, Createur said:

The XX are headlining Primavera. Solange & Local Natives playing there, too. -> Not playing.

Franz Ferdinand is exclusive to Low Festival. -> Not playing.

Ah yes, all true. Maybe Solange and Local Natives are small enough that they might be allowed to play both, as there's quite a gap between them, you never know. 

2 hours ago, pete76 said:

Expect the unexpected. Their last announcement was Dinosaur Jr, Ryan Adams, Royskopp, Spoon - all of them haven;t been announced anywhere else before. Last year MCF were the first festival to announce Jane's Addiction, Gary Clark Jr., The Who. From the artists that already got dates across the Europe and not playing spanish fests, i can mention Iggy Pop, Deftones, Archive, Travis Scott

Also true. Royal Blood would be great. 

Hi,

Just booked two tickets for Mad Cool 2017, and as I'm looking into booking flights, I have a couple of questions for anyone that was there last year.

First are there festival related stuff, gigs etc happening before and after the days of the festival?

Also how big and hectic is the festival? I'm asking because it's my first time in Madrid and I'd like to do some tourism as well, and from my experience from Primavera you can't do both, tourism in the morning and then running from one stage to another for 12 hours until 5am.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, missmental123 said:

Hi,

What time do the headliners generally play at Mad cool? I seem to remember at benicassim they came on around midnight or even later whilst at optimus alive it was much earlier than this?

Thanks

I'm on mobile, but Google search 'mad cool clashfinder' and you can see last years schedule. They came on a bit earlier than midnight I seem to remember. 

Yesterday someone on twitter asked if there will be new names this week, they replied there will be news. Today another reply that said keep an eye on our networks and you will soon have very interesting news. The tweets are all in Spanish but there are at least halve a dozen that hint at a new announcement this week. 

Looking at the previous announcements I guess we will probably get them on wednesday or thursday.

7 hours ago, Finge said:

Yesterday someone on twitter asked if there will be new names this week, they replied there will be news. Today another reply that said keep an eye on our networks and you will soon have very interesting news. The tweets are all in Spanish but there are at least halve a dozen that hint at a new announcement this week. 

Looking at the previous announcements I guess we will probably get them on wednesday or thursday.

Another possibility is they'll put another clock/hint thing (see below) out this week, with an announcement next week. They do like to drag these announcements out it seems! But it seems something is coming, so that's good :) 

On 12/10/2016 at 8:22 PM, Tremousse said:

What an enigma... 

Hi guys,

Thinking of coming to this from the UK, the mad cool site doesn't give much away about transport links... I've noticed that bands don't finish until 2-3am, how do people get back to the centre? Don't want a load of aggro trying to get back every night! 

Also, does anyone know what the "front section" of the VIP area is, is it a golden circle or is it something else? Thanks :)

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:01 PM, gregory said:

I'm on mobile, but Google search 'mad cool clashfinder' and you can see last years schedule. They came on a bit earlier than midnight I seem to remember. 

Thank you,

Yes, looks like headliners are around midnight.

We have booked tickets, flights and hostal  in Gran via

Flights increased a lot in price whilst we were looking at them! Flying from Birmingham on 5th with Iberia Express.

10 minutes ago, missmental123 said:

Thank you,

Yes, looks like headliners are around midnight.

We have booked tickets, flights and hostal  in Gran via

Flights increased a lot in price whilst we were looking at them! Flying from Birmingham on 5th with Iberia Express.

• The Who 21:35 - 23:05
  • The Prodigy 00:40 - 02:10
  • Neil Young 21:15 - 23:20

:)

See you in the crowd!