Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I see that mad cool card costs 105€ and other 3-day tickets cost 125€; what is the difference ??

The first 10.000 buyers from Mad Cool 2016 received a card with a code. You can use this code to buy tickets ONLY on monday with 20€ discount.

So Mad Cool card holders: 105€ (one ticket per card)

General Admision: 125€ only first 10.000 tickets. Then the price will be 145€

Edited by johnybegood

18 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

The first 10.000 buyers from Mad Cool 2016 received a card with a code. You can use this code to buy tickets ONLY on monday with 20€ discount.

So Mad Cool card holders: 105€ (one ticket per card)

General Admision: 125€ only first 10.000 tickets. Then the price will be 145€

Thank you ! How long do you think it will take for 125€ tickets to be sold out ?

34 minutes ago, gregory said:

Bloody hell! Benicassim early birds with 8 days camping $100.

yeah but Beni are likely to have announced their biggest headliner. if you look at this year's lineup, the biggest pull was Muse on Saturday (RHCP will play Saturday) and the other 3 were mid-sized acts who are capable of headlining small fests, but not big names.

Whereas Mad Cool have just announced two bands who could headline any festival in the world. The same cannot be said for Major Lazer, Chemical Brothers and Kendrick Lamar, the other three at Beni 16.

So even 145 euros is still cheap when you consider the likes of Reading charge £230 odd and it will probably rain there.

I was set to go to Beni for the 4th time next year but will be keeping an eye on this one.

Would Pearl Jam be too much as the third headliner? No rumours about them as of late but I'm certain that I've read somewhere that members of the band/of other bands have hinted at PJ being on tour.

Would be perfect if I can see both PJ and Foo Fighters for just 125€ and do a small citytrip in Madrid while I'm there too!

36 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Imo, less than 15 minutes.

It's a shame that there are no campsite, it becomes really expensive for foreigners... What's the cheapest hostel are campsite with easy access to the festival ? I'm thinking to NOS Alive now..

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I wonder how Download Madrid intend to compete with Madcool? I feel Download may struggle being only two weeks apart in the exact same location when you factor in that Green Day & Foo Fighters are likely to appeal to Download's core audience. 

Looking at the line ups so far Guns N Roses / Aerosmith and either SOAD or Linkin Park would be my bet. It'd be pretty foolish to put a weak line up out so close to Mad Cool probably in the knowledge that they had GD and the Foos lined up. 

If indeed GnR are at Graspop, I'd be amazed if they weren't at DL Madrid. 

I'll go 9th Aerosmith 10th GNR and 11th SOAD or LP  Those dates fit with the Downloads announced and I'd imagine would go down well with fans.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Looking at the line ups so far Guns N Roses / Aerosmith and either SOAD or Linkin Park would be my bet. It'd be pretty foolish to put a weak line up out so close to Mad Cool probably in the knowledge that they had GD and the Foos lined up. 

If indeed GnR are at Graspop, I'd be amazed if they weren't at DL Madrid. 

I'll go 9th Aerosmith 10th GNR and 11th SOAD or LP  Those dates fit with the Downloads announced and I'd imagine would go down well with fans.

Download Spain already announced SOAD on 23/6, the second headliner, i think would be Aerosmith. Only 2 days of festival

14 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I wonder how Download Madrid intend to compete with Madcool? I feel Download may struggle being only two weeks apart in the exact same location when you factor in that Green Day & Foo Fighters are likely to appeal to Download's core audience. 

Download Madrid and Mad Cool are both run by Live Nation, are both in the same place (Caja Mágica) and there is one 2 weeks gap between them, so they will use the same set up for the stages.

Download Madrid have already sold 30k tickets (capacity is 45k).

I think that both festival will have different target audience. Maybe Rammstein will be the 2nd headliner for Download Madrid, and I'm pretty sure that its line up will be 90% metal. 

I think that both festivals are complementary in a 6 millon people area like Madrid.