Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

2 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Hopefully it won't happen, let Beni have him :-), and carrying on with my wishful thinking send GD off to Bilbao. Happy with Foos if it is them, all I need now is Pearl Jam, Aerosmith and Prophets Of Rage ( I'm afraid they'll be at Download España )

If we get Pearl Jam - Foo Fighters - Aerosmith/Green Day, it's the line up of the century

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

FF & PJ look pretty certain now, just the 3rd headliner a semi-mystery, but probably GD

Pearl Jam aren't coming. This guy is trolling every spanish forum giving bad information with the same nickname. I don't know his intentions, but what he says is always fake.

By the moment: Foo Fighters are 100% sure. Green Day 99% sure and the 3rd headliner is a mistery (some people thinks that will be Kings Of Leon, and other people think that won't be a rock band (last year Prodigy and Die Antwoord were headlining one night)

2 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Pearl Jam aren't coming. This guy is trolling every spanish forum giving bad information with the same nickname. I don't know his intentions, but what he says is always fake.

By the moment: Foo Fighters are 100% sure. Green Day 99% sure and the 3rd headliner is a mistery (some people thinks that will be Kings Of Leon, and other people think that won't be a rock band (last year Prodigy and Die Antwoord were headlining one night)

Kraftwerk are available.

Blue Dot Festival in the UK is on the same weekend and are highly likely to announce them for that. Could see them maybe a better fit for BBK though.

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Kraftwerk are available.

Blue Dot Festival in the UK is on the same weekend and are highly likely to announce them for that. Could see them maybe a better fit for BBK though.

Kraftwerk played 8 nights in Bilbao last month... I can't see going to Bilbao again in 2017, so rule them out for BBK.

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

By the way, on twitter a Pearl Jam fan account said they were going to the MC announcement on Thursday tweeting they 'hoped they would hear good news' and the MadCool replied something like 'you will', I can't find the tweet now though haha

Any other festival have an announcement tomorrow?

Rock Werchter probably (read on the topic that friday is holiday).

20 minutes ago, gregory said:

How can you be so sure? Announcement is Thurs by the way :)

Cause Pearl Jam has not announced any dates yet, and they usually do it a bit later in the year (between december and march), and also because Foo Fighters will be announced on Thursday, and I've not seen anywhere that other names will be announced on Thursday, wait and see.

1 hour ago, gregory said:

I think FF sell more tickets and are way more popular than PJ in 2016 ;) 

Not true mate ! It makes 25 years that Pearl Jam play sold out stadiums shows ! Foo Fighters are at their best right now, but they have never been bigger than Pearl Jam. If we compare their last shows, and it's comparable, you'll see they are as popular all over the world. Both shold out shows in the Maracana, biggest stadium in the world... 

Two words : SEATTLE ROCKS.

Anyway, I'll be amazed with the bunch of names, and if Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters play in Mad Cool, I'll be the happiest man on Earth :) My wishlist for Mad Cool 2017 is : Pearl Jam, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The War On Drugs, My Morning Jacket, Gogol Bordello, The National, Reignwolf, The Gaslight Anthem and Damien Rice or Glen Hansard.

Actually Maracana isn't even the 30th biggest stadium in the world.

Looking at the UK, recently FF played 2 nights at MKBowl to PJs 1, as well as playing 2 nights at Wembley Stadium (90,000 capacity) around the same time that PJ played 1 night at Wembley Arena (12,500 capacity). So I think in the last 10 years, in the UK at least, FF are the bigger band. All things considered.

Re: Mad Cool. I hope you're right and they don't play! haha. But got a feeling them might, we'll know soon enough. With you on Glen Hansard, have wanted to see him for years! 

30 minutes ago, gregory said:

Cw0EMFXWgAAQQZ7.jpg 

Someone was searching around the MC website... http://www.madcoolfestival.es/images/Img_banda3.jpg (change the number from 1-8)

Obviously not all of these can be headlining, but some could...

Wishful thinking but a line up of

Foo Fighters - Jack White

Arcade Fire - Nick Cave

Green Day - The Cure

Would be insane. Where did you find the original post?

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Wishful thinking but a line up of

Foo Fighters - Jack White

Arcade Fire - Nick Cave

Green Day - The Cure

Would be insane. Where did you find the original post?

I'm thinking more of

The Cure - Jack White

Arcade Fire - Nick Cave

Green Day - ???