Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

19 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

Thanks will definitely look into that. What time does the metro stay open till? Wondering if we would be able to get back if it was a bit later than when all the main acts finished?

The metro opens at 6am and closes at 2am.

So you have metro all day but from 2am to 6am. During these hours there are night buses that make the same way. 

you won't have problems using public transport during the night in Madrid. If you are 3 or 4 people maybe the best option is taking a taxi (maybe you will pay 3 euros each one to get to the city center)

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

http://www.wag1mag.com/pearl-jam-mad-cool-festival/

Spanish website hints Pearl Jam, which I very much doubt and people on Twitter suggesting Arctic Monkeys as well.

This site is an amateur one. In Spanish forums there are different theories and this site chose Pearl Jam one. We wont get such a huge band... maximum we can expect is a smaller band coheadlining with KoL.

5 hours ago, hamishrankin said:

As there is no camping at the festival do people tend to drink at their hostels/hotels? How much does booze cost in there? I can imagine you can get it cheaply in the city but also probably can't take it into the festival site

Went last year, unusual measurements for beer - 3 euro for just under a pint, 9 euro for a 'big' beer, I'd say two pints - spirits are more, 15 euro in that big pint... after a day on the beer, I had one of those after midnight, told them to hold the ice and I was twisted, generous portions of JB Whiskey, would say just under half the cup full

O'Connells Irish bar in the center is great, happy hour in the day also 1 euro shots etc...

22 minutes ago, MJ171717 said:

Would anyone reccommend the Alpha Camping that's advertised on the Festicket website?Also does anyone know when or how likely this will sell out...hoping to buy a ticket next month cause I'll know I can definitely go by then! 

Next month, seriously? I was hoping to buy my ticket nearer January/February

On 11/18/2016 at 10:07 AM, gregory said:

This festival costs €158 inc. fees/delivery now. Quite expensive considering there's no camping.

£140 for that line up is not bad at all.

To put it in to perspective: three days general admission at BST (also no camping) would set you back over £200, with less acts and usually mostly crap.

I know the likes of FIB cost slightly less but they'll probably have cheaper rent and acts with significantly lower prowess.

Went this year, absolutely loved it.

Easy to get to/from city centre, though metros on the way down were a bit pack up as to be expected with people going to the festival site. No outside alcohol but drinks inside were cheap, there were loads of bars, and the cashless bar system they had (your wristband had a barcode strip in it that you 'charged') worked well, meaning hardly any queues. There was a Spain match on in the Euros the night we went, and they'd stuck a huge TV screen up away from the stages by the bars where people could watch it they wanted; it changed to live feed from whatever of the two stages were playing later on after the match had finished. Toilets were clean, drinks measures were generous, great selection of food trucks and hardly any queues that we saw.

Can't recommend this festival enough. Going again next year for sure.

2 hours ago, tabasco said:

Went this year, absolutely loved it.

Easy to get to/from city centre, though metros on the way down were a bit pack up as to be expected with people going to the festival site. No outside alcohol but drinks inside were cheap, there were loads of bars, and the cashless bar system they had (your wristband had a barcode strip in it that you 'charged') worked well, meaning hardly any queues. There was a Spain match on in the Euros the night we went, and they'd stuck a huge TV screen up away from the stages by the bars where people could watch it they wanted; it changed to live feed from whatever of the two stages were playing later on after the match had finished. Toilets were clean, drinks measures were generous, great selection of food trucks and hardly any queues that we saw.

Can't recommend this festival enough. Going again next year for sure.

Hello mate, regarding the wristband is this picked up at the festival site or sent in the post? 

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

I bought my ticket from Festicket and they told me the eticket is exchanged for a wristband at the venue.

Cheers mate! I'm going travelling before coming to Europe for some festivals so can't really have anything being sent to my home address.