Glastonbury 2016 - In Retrospect

CaledonianGonzo

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Spindles said:

I only have tea bags in the house for visitors.  Come to think of it, that box of teabags must be nearly a decade old, do dried leaves go off?  No one's ever complained.

They can't complain. They are too busy dealing with the physical and mental shock that they've gone in to from having just ingested gone off milk. Amongst all the horror that is going through their minds is the background realisation that there lives have been affected negatively and that they will never get away from this sullied feeling no matter how hard they try.

Only joking of course. Apologies if you don't get the above - it's kind of meant for Spindles eyes only.

2 hours ago, lobo said:

I'd definitely camp there again. Totally agree on distance to the action. Lovely neighbors this year too. Besides the guy a few tents away blasting shaggys greatest hits at 5am Thursday. 

I know him, They call him Mr Boombastic

Beautiful Yog.  Thankfully on both of my recent milk related disasters I'd had the sense to look at the date first, rather than endure the feeling you express :)  Either way I was left with black coffee or tap water.  I chose a mix of the 2.

@Hugh Jass that Shaggy reference was brilliant.  I upvoted, but I feel drawn to thank you more.

On 11/1/2016 at 5:13 PM, SPTFRE said:

A 13 hour trip in from London, arriving at 6am on the Wednesday.

Taking 5 hours to travel 6 miles. :( 

Getting hit by a mobility scooter driven by a selfish c**t on a viewing platform trying to get as close to the front a possible. :( 

The mud limited stage changes as I have balance issues. :( 

Winning tickets via @eFestivals = priceless! :party:

Was muddy, but I coped and would not have missed a minute of it for anything! Bring it on in 2017 :D

PS Putting up our awning at 10pm on Tuesday in East CV fields for friends to sleep in, who didn't arrive as they too were delayed in the traffic. We forgive you! :lol:

10 hours ago, Quark said:

Which is worse, bad coffee or bad tea?

We need a new equivalent of Godwin's law for efests to identify the point at which a thread is completely hijacked onto an irrelevant but absorbing topic.

Bad tea. And really good tea is better than really good coffee, but almost impossible to make, the stars have to align, it has to be strong, but not stewed, with enough milk to come with the strength, without overpowering it. The difference can be a pipette's worth. And it has to be as hot as possible without leaving a lasting burn.

14 hours ago, Kizzie said:

My husband drinks weak black tea. B)

I'll just point out, I only drink about 10 cups of tea in a year.

The missus complains about the coffee I make, too strong for her, the weakling. :P

14 hours ago, Kizzie said:

I've never had a cup of tea in my life! Shudder.

I'll remember you said that next time you ask me to make you a girlie herbal. :P

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Tea is stereotypically English. if you southerners want to go on Americanising our culture then I'm happy to be apart from it.

The fact you think coffee comes from america says all I need to know about tea drinkers. Let's consider the facts:

Coffee drinkers:

cosmopolitan

sophisticated

liberal

voted Remain

Tea drinkers:

Little Britainers

Pine for the empire

conservative (little c)

voted Leave.

SCIENCE.

23 minutes ago, russycarps said:

The fact you think coffee comes from america says all I need to know about tea drinkers. Let's consider the facts:

Coffee drinkers:

cosmopolitan

sophisticated

liberal

voted Remain

Tea drinkers:

Little Britainers

Pine for the empire

conservative (little c)

voted Leave.

SCIENCE.

I drink tea obsessively but voted Remain. Now I don't know what I am.

I think it would be hard to argue that the increase in coffee consumption and prevalence of so many coffee outlets is not in some way down to our exposure to american TV and films. Friends for example, with them hanging out at the coffee shop, I'm sure would have influenced those of a certain age.

Granted, increasing European influence there as well with 'pavement' cafes - great to watch people go by in a cosmopolitan setting....sitting outside Costa on a retail estate not so much.

6 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I think it would be hard to argue that the increase in coffee consumption and prevalence of so many coffee outlets is not in some way down to our exposure to american TV and films. Friends for example, with them hanging out at the coffee shop, I'm sure would have influenced those of a certain age.

real men go to the pub. :P

9 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Granted, increasing European influence there as well with 'pavement' cafes - great to watch people go by in a cosmopolitan setting....sitting outside Costa on a retail estate not so much.

Not to mention that the coffee shop boom in this country was spearheaded by Starbucks - from America.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I love all hot beverages. But, to channel my inner Dale Cooper, a cup of joe as black as the sky on a moonless night is my drink of choice.

And just look at what happened to him- driven half mad by coffee rage, smashing is own head against a mirror while talking and laughing to himself