Glastonbury 2016 - In Retrospect

CaledonianGonzo

20 minutes ago, Spindles said:

The forgiveness of the above posters has made my life worth living and I'll no longer be flagellating myself with a cat o nine tetleys for punishment.

I hate tea, it smells funny, it tastes worse.  I've only ever drunk 3 cups, each of those only to be polite and one was during a job interview, where I asked for coffee and then sat and drunk every fetid drop whilst trying not to grimace or wonder about the competency of an interviewer who can't get a drink order right.  I got the job.  It was as disappointing as the tea.

I'm afraid this is where we have to part ways. While coffee is much nicer than tea, tea is still a perfectly enjoyable drink. You big weirdo!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Which is worse, bad coffee or bad tea?

We need a new equivalent of Godwin's law for efests to identify the point at which a thread is completely hijacked onto an irrelevant but absorbing topic.

Bad coffee is much worse than bad tea.

Bad red wine is much worse than bad white wine.

Actually, where have all the tea shops gone (apart from Devon and Cornwall)? Can't move for coffee shops, but considering tea is our national identity it's all very wrong. Went to a very quaint Victorian tea House in the forest of dean where staff were dressed up and tables laid beautifully - one of the more enjoyable times helping the kids with their homework on victorian times. 

How to make tea. 

1. Slowly pour almost boiled water over tea bag until the cup is nearly full.

2. Wait. Do not touch the tea. Contemplate life.

3. After approx a minute stir the tea bag and strain it against the cup to the point of bursting.

4. Threaten the cup with some milk.

5. Enjoy your delicious cup of tea.

Any other method other than this will result in a cup full of hot piss not fit to be called tea, otherwise known as "English Tea". 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

No comparison.  In my world (and I suspect Scruff's) someone making me a pissy cup of tea where they've waved the bag at the water and then over-milked it is far, far worse than uncontrolled immigration ;)

Haha this actually sounds like my perfect tea... whatever you do DON'T SQUEEZE THE BAG!

I pretty much like a cup of hot water and milk 

3 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

How to make tea. 

1. Slowly pour almost boiled water over tea leaves until the porcelain tea pot is nearly full.

2. Wait. Do not touch the tea. Contemplate life.

3. Threaten the bone china cup with some milk.

4. After approx 3 minutes stir the tea and strain it as you pour into the bone china cup. 

5. Enjoy your delicious cup of tea, with pinky finger pointing at an angle of approx 45 degrees. 

Any other method other than this will result in a cup full of hot piss not fit to be called tea, otherwise known as "Festival Tea". 

'Amended' for you there Mr O :P

Best option - Cup of hot proper tea with real milk in the Campervan with a bacon buttie for breakfast before heading into the madness.

Then a cup of festival warm brown tea and some "Space Cake" you've brought in with you (Security rarely confiscate cake).....

Sorted!

I'm not a tea drinker so don't feel free to comment but the quality of festival coffees has certainly risen in recent years.  Plenty of places now where you can get a decent cup of properly brewed coffee.

9 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Although this is right for work tea
(always remove the tea bag before adding the milk - how many times do I have to tell the same people this?!?!?!?

. The correct method should actually be

1. Add tea leaves to teapot while simultaneously putting a tiny bit of milk in a cup.

2. Add boiling water to teapot

3. Wait. Do not touch the tea. Contemplate life.

4. After approx 5 minutes stir the tea leaves and leave for a further minute.

5. Pour through a strainer into the cup with the tiny bit of milk in.

6. Enjoy your delicious cup of tea.

9. Pablo Honey.

Yeah. In my tea Nazi haste I've forgotten to remind people to remove the tea bag. 

I've made a fucking fool of myself here. 

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You sound like my mother-in-law. 

And I don't like her. Evil people drink weak tea!

Ditto, except I like my MIL.

32 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

Any other method other than this will result in a cup full of hot piss not fit to be called tea, otherwise known as "English Tea". 

I suspect you'd have liked my (Irish) uncle.  He'd boil the kettle, then pour the water into a saucepan, bring it back up and drop teabags into the bubbling pan.  He would then boil the shit out of the tea before decanting into a pot.

On the plus side you could waterproof roof tiles with any leftovers.

8 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Glastonbury 2016 - loved it. Mud a fucker. Brexit even worse. Still joint best weekend of this year. Not the best glastonbury I've ever had and will no doubt have better in the future.

Only had 3 decent brews in 5 days. 

I am the same

next year will be better, better weather will guarantee this, it was the weather that made it hard going for me. I am not as young and don;t get as fucked as I used to to compensate for the bad weather