Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at clashes, the Julia Jacklin v Broken Social Scene v Solange v Glass Animals one is the worst, Glass Animals shouldn't clash at Glastonbury so reckon I might end up at Julia Jacklin and Solange. It'll be a shame to miss Grandaddy, Operators, Wild Beasts, Alex Cameron and most of Japandroids but thankfully there's nothing too upsetting.

Yeah Aphex would have been perfect for a late slot at Rayban or whatever the outdoor auditorium is called, a la Floating Points or Darkside in previous years. I guess they think it'll be too big a crowd but I'm not convinced.

About Death Grips, i saw them in a fairly big indoor venue and i thought it sounded pretty bad, so I'm really not optimistic about the idea of them outdoors.

Aphex Twin was obviously gonna be on one of the two main stages, right? He's one of the headliners. Surprised that people expected or even hoped otherwise. 

Im sure there are a bunch more that'll pop out at me but clash wise it's looking a lot better than I was anticipating. Some stinkers for sure but looks like I'll get to see most of the acts I was hoping to.

That's one of the longer distances, but still not massive by some festival standards. I think it takes around 15-20 minutes normally (someone correct me if i'm wrong) but can probably blitz it if you're really determined to catch something - plus it's all concrete so no mud to wade through!  

Can someone help me out? I,ve not been before, so no inside knowledge. I really want to see the Magnetic fields, it says 'auditori' on the clasfinder. Is that an indoor venue or an outdoor stage? 

13 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Can someone help me out? I,ve not been before, so no inside knowledge. I really want to see the Magnetic fields, it says 'auditori' on the clasfinder. Is that an indoor venue or an outdoor stage? 

It's indoor, just outside the festival entrance. 10-15 minute walk to most stages probably.

12 minutes ago, slowdive said:

it's a pretty awesome theatre - indoor.

Just now, Messy said:

It's indoor, just outside the festival entrance. 10-15 minute walk to most stages probably.

Thanks very much. Good to know. One more question, if that's ok,  Is it easy to get in or will i need to queue for a long time before? Sorry for dumbass questions

One of the most exciting lineups for me since I started going.

A pretty clear run of Cymbals, Miguel, Solange, Bon Iver, Death Grips, Aphex Twin, Tycho and Pinegrove on Thursday is great.

Its Not Not/Belako, Whitney/Mitski and Sampha/Mac Demarco overlaps aren't too bad when Frank, The xx, RTJ, Flying Lotus and Priests all avoid each other.

A few highlights on Saturday but most excited for Angel Olsen on the Ray-Ban. Will decide on the day between Arcade Fire and Wild Beasts, between them I've seen them 12 times.

8 minutes ago, weston24 said:

One of the most exciting lineups for me since I started going.

A pretty clear run of Cymbals, Miguel, Solange, Bon Iver, Death Grips, Aphex Twin, Tycho and Pinegrove on Thursday is great.

Its Not Not/Belako, Whitney/Mitski and Sampha/Mac Demarco overlaps aren't too bad when Frank, The xx, RTJ, Flying Lotus and Priests all avoid each other.

A few highlights on Saturday but most excited for Angel Olsen on the Ray-Ban. Will decide on the day between Arcade Fire and Wild Beasts, between them I've seen them 12 times.

Your weekend sounds a lot like mine! Especially stoked about the late Pinegrove set - one of my favourite albums of last year and I was worried I'd end up having to miss them. That may still happen due to how inebriated I am but nice to know it'll be my fault and not a shitty clash :lol:

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Your weekend sounds a lot like mine! Especially stoked about the late Pinegrove set - one of my favourite albums of last year and I was worried I'd end up having to miss them. That may still happen due to how inebriated I am but nice to know it'll be my fault and not a shitty clash :lol:

Yes, great album. I assumed they'd be on between 6-8pm but this works too!