Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, chemica said:

There's no actual confirmation of Frank pulling out of Hangout. Only Sasquatch. Just a twitter link with 'sources'. How many of them do you see which are bollocks

If that's true I think it's more likely that they're trying to sort out a replacement before they announce that he's officially cancelled as to lessen the blow. I definitely think he's cancelled there, anyway.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

If that's true I think it's more likely that they're trying to sort out a replacement before they announce that he's officially cancelled as to lessen the blow. I definitely think he's cancelled there, anyway.

Exactly. There are multiple sources, no denial from Hangout representatives and logical reasoning for both the cancelation reason (no reason to cancel a later festival rather than the earlier when the production is not ready) and the announcement delay (looking for a decent replacement before making it official, plus it's a weekend in the US).

8 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Yeah I did . Worryingly I tweeted them a week ago about set times and they replied within a few hours. 

Tweeted them 2 days ago about frank and no answer

Probably in the same position as us all right now and hoping the cancellations end there. Guess they dont wanna tell people he's still on and then have him pull out.

14 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Yeah I did . Worryingly I tweeted them a week ago about set times and they replied within a few hours. 

Tweeted them 2 days ago about frank and no answer

I wanted to say it's a weekend and they probably aren't active on Twitter atm, but they were this morning.

Tweeted them again, let's see what happens.

3 minutes ago, Orens said:

I wanted to say it's a weekend and they probably aren't active on Twitter atm, but they were this morning.

Tweeted them again, let's see what happens.

I don't like it when companies dodge questions but this is something out of their control and I could understand if they ignore it. Any answer might come back to bite them.

If they say he's definitely playing, he might change his mind.

If they say they are not sure yet, it increases speculation that he has pulled out.

49 minutes ago, Declan said:

Disappointing Thursday - only a couple of interesting acts then suddenly, Survive, Black Angels, and the Damned all overlap with Aphex Twin. 

Oh man, don't you ever miss on King Gizzard!

Can you link to your Clashfinder? Perhaps we could help. This is mine.

37 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Tyler the creator has cancelled all european dates... maybe its linked maybe its not (same Odd future collective and they are working together).

Tyler has his own festival - Camp Flog Gnaw to promote. Line up yet to be announced. Potentially linked to that. 

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

Tyler the creator has cancelled all european dates... maybe its linked maybe its not (same Odd future collective and they are working together).

That fest of him will take place on Frank's bday. People are thinking that he's gonna reveal his next album there as the theory '5 albums under 30' goes..

1 hour ago, chemica said:

Tyler has his own festival - Camp Flog Gnaw to promote. Line up yet to be announced. Potentially linked to that. 

Totally unrelated, he just got a new TV show on Viceland a couple of days ago, and decided to cancel the his tour immediately afterwards - probably in order to shoot it.

A massive bummer. I had a ticket to the first of his Israeli gigs (one was sold out in about a hour, the other in less than 40 minutes). Still waiting for an answer from Frank, while Anderson .Paak and Chance the Rapper already canceled a couple of dutch festivals my Israeli friends will travel to this summer.

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Thinking about that weird gap on the Rayban on Saturday, it would make most sense to me if Jamie XX does a surprise set then.

(remember Gabi said there were going to be 'a lot of surprises')

Not a regular so not sure how things usually work or if there are even usually secret sets, but do these things usually leak beforehand stay quiet until you arrive at the stage? There are a couple of things I'd like to see around that time (Japandroids or even Skepta) but could be tempted away by something special

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There aren't usually secret sets so hard to say.

Shite. Will be keeping an eye/ear on that one then - would hate to miss something ace, but would also hate to turn up and it be something a bit crap (or even nothing at all) and be missing part of something else for it.