Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

I would think that any set in that gap would start after or towards the end of Skepta and Japandroids as the latter are on the Primavera stage which pretty much alternates with Ray-Ban.

I'm not sure how they'd handle surprise sets announced late on, I would have thought it would be confirmed before, but then they do seem to be saying that some things will be revealed through the app.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have read speculation on a Spanish forum saying the RayBan gap is for Jamie XX, it would be a good fit.

Yes, Gabi has said several times that there will be important app updates throughout the festival. I wonder what he is getting at though, if it's to announce gigs at short notice then doesn't it create the risk of crowd congestion / frustration?

Edited by Hip Priest

So what's the score with exchanging your tickets for a wristband? 

We'll be arriving in Barcelona at midday on the Wednesday, and I quite fancy Formation and Romare at Barts later on that night. Do we have to head down to Parc Del Forum to exchange, or are there places you can do it in the city? Been to Barcelona quite a few times, so I'm familiar with the place itself....

10 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

So what's the score with exchanging your tickets for a wristband? 

We'll be arriving in Barcelona at midday on the Wednesday, and I quite fancy Formation and Romare at Barts later on that night. Do we have to head down to Parc Del Forum to exchange, or are there places you can do it in the city? Been to Barcelona quite a few times, so I'm familiar with the place itself....

Pretty sure it's a Parc del Forum exchange only mate.

30 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Yeah I think it's Parc del Forum only for wristbands but if I remember correctly last year you were able to show your ticket and get into the Wednesday shows in town. Not sure if it'll be the same this year though...

58 minutes ago, dunx747 said:

Pretty sure it's a Parc del Forum exchange only mate.

Cheers, would be a bit of a ballache having to trek all the way down there just for that - but what can ya' do? Suppose it gives us an opportunity to get our bearings and work out the commute from our hostel!

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

New Pond and Afghan Whigs records are really strong and the !!! album also sounds like it would be fun live.

ps guess you'll be able to get into the weds shows with your ticket.

The new Mac DeMarco album is superb.

Perhaps the secret set could be a non-exclusive Sonar artist, which they couldn't publish earlier?

Could it be Soulwax, a missing link between Japandroids and !!!?

9 minutes ago, Orens said:

The new Mac DeMarco album is superb.

Perhaps the secret set could be a non-exclusive Sonar artist, which they couldn't publish earlier?

Could it be Soulwax, a missing link between Japandroids and !!!?

Totally agree, was expecting it to be more of the same pleasant but underwhelming. Instead it's his strongest songwriting yet. Definite depth.

Soulwax would be bloody brilliant and make for an epic end to the festival. 

jamie XX makes a lot of sense. Onsite with the XX. Laptop / live electronic set so not too much to soundcheck & easy to get on and off stage in a timely manner

I don't know why they don't just announce it really. the gap is very strange as if there wasn't anything in that gap you would expect !!! to start earlier and DJ Coco to play for longer afterwards. The fact Coco only has 55 mins suggests it cannot be moved backwards because there is something in that slot. No one DJ's for less than an hour and you'd expect someone closing the festival to get 90 mins at least if they could.

Edited by Memory Man

Billy Bragg for the Hidden Stage on the Thursday perhaps? He is doing an interview as part of Primavera Pro on the Wednesday but he will have his guitars with him as he is playing a gig in Madrid on the Tuesday. Has a festival show on England on the Friday mind...
Viv Albertine also doing an interview at PSPro (Thurs). Does she still do gigs?

Edited by Hip Priest

11 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i cant tell if no frank ocean news is good news or bad news

Yeah have been thinking the same :lol::unsure: have Hangout released an official statement yet? Got the fear that the festivals he's cancelled (minus the already announced one) are all gonna drop the bombshell at the same time sometime soon. 

Edited by FloorFiller

28 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i cant tell if no frank ocean news is good news or bad news

Whatever we already know is horrible news, but the no-Prima-news are good news.

If Ocean actually canceled, then the guys are probably actually doing whatever they can to book a decent replacement and soften the blow (I'm sorry, but I wish LCD Soundsystem could play again! Best tradeoff ever).

If Ocean's still on, then the festival doesn't want to assure he'll show up, then get a massive PR mess.

FYF Festival 2015 has announced the Frank Ocean cancellation and Kanye West as the replacement two days before the gig. In case a cancellation is inevitable, let's hope it ends up like in a similar manner FYF (but without Kanye please).

Anyway, back to the horrible news - please don't count on him until further notice. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

If you need a glimmer of hope - the festival did retweet an article from Rockdelux earlier today with Frank Ocean as a pick of the festival. Gotta presume they wouldn't do that if he had cancelled right?

If he has, then they should just call in that favour Bjork owes... (not going to happen I know, but one can dream).