Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

4 hours ago, hughes21 said:

weather wise, at night is it similar to benicassim? seen people saying wear jackets? surely not!???

it can be chilly at night time, honestly! the wind really whips up by the sea and the site is very open plan, there is very little shelter / buildings so the wind blows right through.

Some years there has been rain and wind and cold, others it can be hot in the day and mild at night. I think they moved the festival back a week a few years ago after a few years of poor weather!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, TiZuff said:

aaand frank cancels hangout officially...

shitting it now :( 

http://pitchfork.com/news/71869-frank-ocean-cancels-hangout-festival-set-replaced-by-phoenix/

We knew this was coming but still terrifying. Gonna do my best to not think about it until we hear something one way or another - could drive myself crazy with this.

16 hours ago, hughes21 said:

weather wise, at night is it similar to benicassim? seen people saying wear jackets? surely not!???

It got pretty nippy last year when the sun went down. I'd take a hoody or as someone said, a light jacket for the wee small hours.

The trouble is with Wednesday, being a free for all, it will be mission impossible getting a ticket if it is a big name.

Also just checked the times and the Hidden Stage names timings clash with loads of great stuff. A real shame they aren't playing earlier (or much later).

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The trouble is with Wednesday, being a free for all, it will be mission impossible getting a ticket if it is a big name.

Also just checked the times and the Hidden Stage names timings clash with loads of great stuff. A real shame they aren't playing earlier (or much later).

Will probably be only for ticket-holders, right?

Just now, Orens said:

Will probably be only for ticket-holders, right?

Ah, that could be, good point, although they do say they are playing 'during the free inauguration day'

Looks like Afghan Whigs are playing on Weds night too and if it's them, it would still be a bunfight.

42 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

What about A Tribe Called Quest to replace Frank if he drops out? They're playing the following weekend at Parklife in Manchester and would work pretty well in that slot. 

I had that thought last week, hopefully it happens. Another option is Childish Gambino, who is performing in NYC Saturday but could fly back along with a couple of other artists (such as Mac DeMarco) to perform at the same festival.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

From the official site forums - something about their date originally being shown as the Wednesday.

The unique space will be up and running for the three main days of the event and on this occasion will open its doors one day earlier than usual to receive the surprise visit of a yet-to-be-named artist who will play on Wednesday 31st May during the free inauguration day in the Parc del Fòrum. 

Not them, some new act.

Edited by Orens

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

I had that thought last week, hopefully it happens. Another option is Childish Gambino, who is performing in NYC Saturday but could fly back along with a couple of other artists (such as Mac DeMarco) to perform at the same festival.

Not them, some new act.

Good point. Mew? Afghan Whigs? 

A Tribe Called Quest would have too big an entourage to be able to amend their plans like that and fly to Spain. More likely, they would bump someone up the list (whilst simultaneously adding someone from Porto like Nicolas Jaar or Justice) and/or have someone play twice.

1 minute ago, sgreen7643 said:

Yeah, you're probably right about ATCQ (sadly)... but now you've mentioned it Nico Jaar does have that night free between Glasgow and Field Day - that would make me VERY happy. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love it if A Tribe Called Quest could be there and guess there's a small chance (in part as Gabi had originally said something about some old school rappers being on the bill).

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love it if A Tribe Called Quest could be there and guess there's a small chance (in part as Gabi had originally said something about some old school rappers being on the bill).

Whatever Gabi has said before the lineup was revealed has nothing to do with the current situation. He surely wasn't referring to Ocean's replacement back in November.

3 hours ago, Orens said:

Whatever Gabi has said before the lineup was revealed has nothing to do with the current situation. He surely wasn't referring to Ocean's replacement back in November.

Yeah I appreciate I am totally clutching at straws but I guess you could take his comments to mean he is open to the idea of going after some old school rappers and/or that he has already had contact with the ATCQ camp (but it didn't happen for whatever reason).

On 2017-05-05 at 4:00 PM, jed300 said:

For those that have been before can you confirm how long approx does it take from Heineken stage to Pitchfork stage?

If you really pace yourself you can walk between the two stages in 5 minutes. 

Walking across the site during the most crowded hours or doing it while chatting with friends and drinking beer it may take 15 minutes. 

Something positive from Northside festival https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgaffa.dk%2Fnyhed%2F117392%2Fnorthside-bliver-ikke-berort-af-frank-oceans-amerikanske-aflysninger%2F&edit-text=&act=url

"We have been informed by Frank Oceans agent that only the canceled shows are affected and that it is not going to concern our show on NorthSide. We are in daily contact with Frank Ocean's production manager and we are in full swing with the preparations for a show that is going to be very spectacular."

7 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Something positive from Northside festival https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgaffa.dk%2Fnyhed%2F117392%2Fnorthside-bliver-ikke-berort-af-frank-oceans-amerikanske-aflysninger%2F&edit-text=&act=url

"We have been informed by Frank Oceans agent that only the canceled shows are affected and that it is not going to concern our show on NorthSide. We are in daily contact with Frank Ocean's production manager and we are in full swing with the preparations for a show that is going to be very spectacular."

Looking good! Of course there's still a chance the production delays could go further and he needs to cancel more, but the wording there definitely suggests that, for now, that's where the cancellations will stop.

I was looking forward to seeing his setlists from the previous shows, but now I guess we get to be the first date on his tour/go in to it totally blind, which is even more exciting. Just as long as he plays Self Control!

Edited by FloorFiller

A reliable source of inforoo forums has said that Ocean's gig in PS is still on, as of now.

Hopefully he won't come out a total douchebag on us and cancel at the very last minute, but that's a positive sign. Still waiting for news from Grandaddy's camp, as of now I'd rather go to their gig, if it's still on, and avoid the Ocean drama.