Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

Just now, Matt42 said:

Katy Perry is the biggest booking that glastonbury has ever had for someone in a non headline slot

so therefore she'l be in the position closest to headlining

subbing the Sunday, the position that makes the most sense

If that's so explain where the other acts are gonna play then Mr. Smartypants.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a headline sized act. It's an oddity whether she's playing at 6pm or 8pm so I don't see why it matters. Especially considering the festival traditionally puts a huge act on at 4pm on the Pyramid on Sunday and opens the Other Stage with an act that's usually bigger than the ones that follow it.

4 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

By a lot of the support on here aren't the National far more popular than Alt J? I don't really like either but it seems that way. But if that's the info Neil has then perhaps its true. 

FRI, Radiohead, the XX

Major Lazer, Lorde

SAT, Foos, the National 

Alt J, Biffy

SUN, Ed, Perry

BBK, Wiley and the lads

Weren't the National been touring with the Foos? Surely they're bigger than Biffy at any rate

Haha not only Biffy subbing Other but against FF as well!

4 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I'd go with:

FRI, Radiohead, the XX, Emili Sande, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson

Major Lazer, Lorde

SAT, Foos, Biffy, the National 

Alt J, Royal Blood (possibly Run the Jewels), Laura Marling

SUN, Ed, Perry, Chic, Gibbo

BBK, Wiley

Royal Blood are Friday for the 1000th time!

I don't get why some of you are trying to turn this Katy P thing in to a "Adele subs Radiohead" scenario. When you're as huge as she is, and you're not headlining the festival, I don't think it makes a bit of difference whether you sub or play 3rd down. Ellie G and Beck is the perfect example from last year. 

I still personally think The xx will headline the Other and The National will sub Radiohead, but the suggestion that Katy P could play at 6pm on the Pyramid is far from bonkers.

Edited by jparx

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

As much as I love em, out of all those options (that we haven't already had info on such as Alt-J on Saturday, BBK headlining Other) The National seem like the weakest link and the most likely to be lower down the lineup imo

Radiohead, The xx, The National - Major Lazer
Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro - Alt-J
Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry - Boy Better Know

Seems low for them for sure but this could just be a case of them trying to fit in as many big acts as possible.

this sounds right to me

I think there's some sort of significance in the poster placement, at least for the first first four lines.

Major Lazer, Alt-J and BBK are all in the correct order we suspect they will do their headline set on the Other Stage.

I find it really weird if Stormzy is playing on the Other Stage before BBK that he is billed above all of those three acts that headline that stage. So, I think Stormzy is definitely on the Pyramid.

For The National, I think the think that makes the most sense now is that they are playing third before The xx.

So The National - The xx - Radiohead. I'd reckon the reason they are billed that high is (apart from their following) and because they will play a longer set than what is given to previous acts that play in that slot.

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Gaga :D

Haha can you imagine at 9am tomorrow morning......Lady Gaga announced Glastonbury. I don't think it will be but I do think it would be something a bit significant if it's an attempt to get tickets buyers and I'm unsure the Other opener would do that.

To me it just doesn't feel likely that an American band not currently touring, would come over to the UK for a one off gig to play the 3rd slot of a festival line up - couple this with them being placed so high up the poster (which I think has a bit more significance than people are giving it credit for) then personally I think they're subbing Radiohead above the XX, at the very least.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Haha can you imagine at 9am tomorrow morning......Lady Gaga announced Glastonbury. I don't think it will be but I do think it would be something a bit significant if it's an attempt to get tickets buyers and I'm unsure the Other opener would do that.

There would be a meltdown here on where she would be placed, it would be great :D in all seriousness I would love if she played

15 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

I think there's some sort of significance in the poster placement, at least for the first first four lines.

Major Lazer, Alt-J and BBK are all in the correct order we suspect they will do their headline set on the Other Stage.

I find it really weird if Stormzy is playing on the Other Stage before BBK that he is billed above all of those three acts that headline that stage. So, I think Stormzy is definitely on the Pyramid.

For The National, I think the think that makes the most sense now is that they are playing third before The xx.

So The National - The xx - Radiohead. I'd reckon the reason they are billed that high is (apart from their following) and because they will play a longer set than what is given to previous acts that play in that slot.

Why are they billed higher than 2 acts who are gonna be subbing, though? They won't be playing longer sets than them.

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yes

this is what I've been trying to say

actually laughable that this is even suggested, I thought efestivals was a bit more advanced than this

Why did Beck sub Coldplay above Ellie Goulding last year when you assured us all she was definitely subbing them?

32 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

If The National are third down Friday, where does that leave Royal Blood? We're pretty sure they're gonna be Friday and your Stormzy rule about Other subs not being above Other headliners would apply to them to.

1 minute ago, dj_tim said:

If The National are third down Friday, where does that leave Royal Blood? We're pretty sure they're gonna be Friday and your Stormzy rule about Other subs not being above Other headliners would apply to them to.

Third down Saturday 

(wait for it...)

Starting to lean towards Katy Perry as legend slot, with Bazza perhaps fourth on Saturday afternoon. If everyone on those top four lines forms the top four of the Pyramid and the Other headliners...

Radiohead, The National, Royal Blood, Stormy with Major Lazer on Other.

Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Lorde, Barry Gibb with Alt-J on Other.

Ed Sheeran, The XX, Chic, Katy Perry, with BBK on Other.

That way, our second line acts - the biggest, arguably, all get sub slots and the coveted Sunday teatime spot. 

Has EE or ME ever referred to it as the legends slot? I thought they'd always called it Sunday Teatime Slot.

If the NME are to be believed The xx are subbing Radionead...

http://www.nme.com/news/music/xx-share-short-film-night-day-brixton-shows-2033725

"Meanwhile, The xx will be returning to the UK to perform at Glastonbury Festival – performing before Radiohead on the Pyramid Stage on Friday June 23."

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Haha not only Biffy subbing Other but against FF as well!

I didn't thinking havig Biffy sub the Other would put them against the FF, would they? If anything it would give people a chance to see both if they wanted

Anyway, how about

Fri: Radio, XX, National

Lazer, Royal Blood

Sat: FFs, Biffy

Alt J, Lorde

Sun: Ed, Perry, Chic, Gibb

BBK

2 minutes ago, mcjazzaburger said:

If the NME are to be believed The xx are subbing Radionead...

http://www.nme.com/news/music/xx-share-short-film-night-day-brixton-shows-2033725

"Meanwhile, The xx will be returning to the UK to perform at Glastonbury Festival – performing before Radiohead on the Pyramid Stage on Friday June 23."

Not sure whether to believe their bullshit but it'd certainly make the poster running order theory seem correct.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

If that's so explain where the other acts are gonna play then Mr. Smartypants.

Friday

Pyramid: Radiohead, the XX, the national, stormzy

Other: Major Lazer, Royal Blood, The Flaming Lips

Saturday

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Lorde, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David

Other: Alt J, Haim, Courteeners

Sunday

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Chic, Barry Gibb, Emeli Sande

Other: Boy Better Know, London Grammar, Phoenix

Nice, neat, accurate, no one in weird placings ...

correct