TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

7 hours ago, foolee said:

So is it actually a fact this isn't going ahead next year or is it just an assumption? I've had some of my best times at T and think it's a cracking fest, although I've not been to the new site I like they've got the mixture of rock, pop, dance etc. If it goes ahead who are the rumours? 

It really shouldn't be hard to grab headliners for next year either. 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/9/2016 at 4:02 PM, eFestivals said:

You personally might go back, but how many of the same mates you used to go with also would? Surely you've all grown up and got grown up lives, where getting a pass off the missus for an expensive weekend at a festie isn't necessarily going to be top of everyone's list?

If T were to alter who it books to be more to your liking it still wouldn't be like it used to be, because the focus would still be towards satisfying today's youngsters rather than you. Anything else wouldn't make much sense as a long term thing.

The mates I used to go with drive past T to other festivals with me! I did 7 festivals this year. T was the first on the list in the past, now it doesn't make it at all. I'm probably not representative of the old crowd that used to go though, there are those that would never go back because they are either too old or just over that kind of weekend. All it would take for me would be a decent line up again, released early enough so that I hadn't booked other festivals for the summer. I don't want it to be the same as it used to be other than there has to be stuff I like. 

On 13/11/2016 at 8:54 AM, eFestivals said:

Scott phoned FR (anonymously) two weeks ago and asked because we were thinking the same, and person on phone went off and asked someone, and then came back and gave a definite yes.

While it's not beyond a promoter to keep its options open and so we might have got a reply based on that, I think it's probably going ahead.

Wonder why there's been no advertising for it. The website hasn't updated from last year, no early bird sale and their social media activity is almost non-existent  

2 hours ago, hamishrankin said:

Wonder why there's been no advertising for it. The website hasn't updated from last year, no early bird sale and their social media activity is almost non-existent  

That's why Scott phoned. 

I'm guessing there's some 3rd party issues to be ironed out, and they're not inflaming what might be a sensitive situation by announcing something before those issues are dealt with.

Or alternatively, perhaps, they're reviewing aspects of the festival structure - the number of stages, perhaps - so don't want to announce anything which might later be changed.

Just about anything is possible, but what I do know is that a couple of weeks ago they were saying it's definitely going ahead. 

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That's why Scott phoned. 

I'm guessing there's some 3rd party issues to be ironed out, and they're not inflaming what might be a sensitive situation by announcing something before those issues are dealt with.

Or alternatively, perhaps, they're reviewing aspects of the festival structure - the number of stages, perhaps - so don't want to announce anything which might later be changed.

Just about anything is possible, but what I do know is that a couple of weeks ago they were saying it's definitely going ahead. 

Maybe they've had a boot up the sack came to there senses and strathallan is in the past.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Possible.

I've no idea about other plans but saw what someone suggested on here. After this year I could see why they might want to give up on the camping side of things.

I think they're in a 3 year agreement with Strathallan.  I'd be fairly sure it'll go ahead there on the usual weekend in July, but what the future holds after that is anyone's guess.

5 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Didn't this same "they've not been advertising!" stuff come up last year with the same doubts over the festival? I'm not exactly thinking there's anything to read into here.

Yeah but I think Stone Roses had already been announced by this time last year. Also, usually the twitter is fairly active chatting pish before any announcement.

57 minutes ago, dandandan95 said:

Yeah but I think Stone Roses had already been announced by this time last year. Also, usually the twitter is fairly active chatting pish before any announcement.

:lol: the twitter feed chatted pish on a daily basis. I used to cringe reading some of the shit. Written to sound like a right ned

3 hours ago, Colfaedee said:

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic for T's glory years but I just want them to bring back the Ceilidh tent which mysteriously disappeared,

was always rammed and always a great atmosphere.   maybe the kids just aren't into the Gay Gordons anymore!

Unless thats the name of the latest new tenner banger then no.

Edited by SilverLining

Sunday mail running a front page today suggesting the three day festival at Glasgow Green is being discussed and possibility of T taking year out at Strathallan.  For year out, I'd read finished.  Apologies in advance for printing a link to the rag below 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/t-in-the-park-9294981

29 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Sunday mail running a front page today suggesting the three day festival at Glasgow Green is being discussed and possibility of T taking year out at Strathallan.  For year out, I'd read finished.  Apologies in advance for printing a link to the rag below 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/t-in-the-park-9294981

Looks like I was given the correction information! I found this out in August. 

13 minutes ago, Red Day said:

If it's as described it could be a decent day or days out.  I'd suspect it would spell the end of T

It wouldn't surprise me after last year. They've booked themselves into a corner with the current set up and that corner is filled with bams. At least this might allow them to restart with something of a clean state. 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It wouldn't surprise me after last year. They've booked themselves into a corner with the current set up and that corner is filled with bams. At least this might allow them to restart with something of a clean state. 

Nicely put.  The year out maybe isn't the worst idea to look at where they are and look at options for the future.