TITP 2017

Fezzy_buzzer

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Certainly in with a shout but I'd expect it more so if Croke Park was on a Friday or something. They all seem to be a few days apart but with it being a festival show it might not be a concern.

Also has that been confirmed as T weekend? Can't find the info on that anywhere.

I just assumed it would be that weekend, not really any obvious reason to change it from being that weekend is there?

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I just assumed it would be that weekend, not really any obvious reason to change it from being that weekend is there?

Dunno - it's pretty fluid ain't it?

4 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Coldplay

Biffy x some dj 

Green day

You don't have to do this whenever a new headliner gets mentioned. :P

21 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

drake has 6 dates in london but only 1 in scotland. Headliner?

There's more than 6 times the population within easy range of London than the central belt has within easy range - plus a bigger scene - so I reckon the proportions are about right without need for any further 'hidden' shows to be part of the thinking.

You could be right all the same, but the basis you've used to reach your conclusion doesn't really hold up.

Edited by eFestivals

I reckon Coldplay and Biffy will headline for sure, with the other one most likely being KOL but possibly Green Day. Which ever one doesn't play T will be at GSS. To be honest, that's 3 pretty strong headliners but it's the under card that will let the festival down. Calvin Harris will no doubt show up some where to play his 26th TITP on the trot. 

2 hours ago, LSF said:

I reckon Coldplay and Biffy will headline for sure, with the other one most likely being KOL but possibly Green Day. Which ever one doesn't play T will be at GSS. To be honest, that's 3 pretty strong headliners but it's the under card that will let the festival down. Calvin Harris will no doubt show up some where to play his 26th TITP on the trot. 

I think KOL for GSS and GD for T as they are touring early year 

Thing is, Coldplay's dates all but rule out a load of countries with huge festivals so I don't see them playing T and not stuff like Werchter, Rock am Ring, etc.

Biffy were passed on this year so now their declining status has been confirmed, I'm not sure why they'd be rebooked now. Though T isn't as popular as a few years ago either so maybe a good fit.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Thing is, Coldplay's dates all but rule out a load of countries with huge festivals so I don't see them playing T and not stuff like Werchter, Rock am Ring, etc.

Biffy were passed on this year so now their declining status has been confirmed, I'm not sure why they'd be rebooked now. Though T isn't as popular as a few years ago either so maybe a good fit.

But why is Coldplay labeled as only ukstadium show of the year rather than gig.  I guess they could do an arena run but that's unlikely. 

21 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

But why is Coldplay labeled as only ukstadium show of the year rather than gig.  I guess they could do an arena run but that's unlikely. 

it was probably just put there so people didn't wait around expecting Wembley or Etihad to be added at a later date and not really something worth reading far into,

2 hours ago, standfree92 said:

Does anyone else think it might not go ahead? Just thinking about the low attendance this year might mean they cancel it this year. 

Was there any offical attendance figures?  

Might be a good thing taking a year out,taking a step back and getting there finger out there arses and find a knew site.