Sun claim ed sheeran is headlining

Matt42

51 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Don't fund Murdoch at all. Ditch your Sky packages.

Brexit was Murdoch taking back control. "When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

It's time those funding his dictatorship woke up.

Another one of those times I wish we could upvote you.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

cat stevens subsequently apologised and donated the royalties to charity.

yeah, well, the LIps don't need any extra income, not if they're fleecing their fans and 40+ quid a pop for tickets .

16 minutes ago, russycarps said:

cat stevens subsequently apologised and donated the royalties to charity.

Did he bollocks. And yeah, point beings that it's not just disgusting plagiarism if you dont like that act. Radiohead have had a couple too if you're not happy with the Lips example. 

These things are gonna be levelled at everything and everyone since the Blurred Lines trial - even Ed Sheeran has been sued already but I guess that was before he was in contention for Glastonbury and you weren't on the lookout for your next 'Adele tax quote'. :P

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

These things are gonna be levelled at everything and everyone since the Blurred Lines trial

If anything, it's deeply worrying seeing artists getting taken to the cleaners by arrays of industry lawyers. 

Conscious and unconscious "plagiarism" is behind scores and scores of magnificent songs and almost every great band is "guilty" of it in some shape or form.

On 7/9/2016 at 8:43 AM, eFestivals said:

Don't fund Murdoch at all. Ditch your Sky packages.

Brexit was Murdoch taking back control. "When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

It's time those funding his dictatorship woke up.

I can't tell you how much I agree with this, big business buying their way back in to by the government to make laws and trade deals to make them money.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If anything, it's deeply worrying seeing artists getting taken to the cleaners by arrays of industry lawyers. 

Me, I'm deeply worried that mega-rich music stars might have to do something more for an everlasting stream of money than just the hour or two it took to write.

I mean, people like Adele might not have time to complain about their tax bill if their time is taken up justifying their huge pile, and that would be just awful.

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Did he bollocks. And yeah, point beings that it's not just disgusting plagiarism if you dont like that act. Radiohead have had a couple too if you're not happy with the Lips example. 

These things are gonna be levelled at everything and everyone since the Blurred Lines trial - even Ed Sheeran has been sued already but I guess that was before he was in contention for Glastonbury and you weren't on the lookout for your next 'Adele tax quote'. :P

We had this exact same argument last year when that awful c**t ripped off tom petty (or his team of song writers did anyway).

We were all in agreement that for some artists* it's just developing themes that other artists have begun, and is a form of tribute to musicians they respect and look up to. Like the flaming lips moving homage to cat stevens.

Whereas for other frauds** it's the lowest of the low, a cynical money grab off the back of a credible artists. Like the turd this thread is about and his attempt to dupe the public at the expense of a proper musician.

*people I like

**people I dont like

Edited by russycarps

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

We had this exact same argument last year when that awful c**t ripped off tom petty (or his team of song writers did anyway).

We were all in agreement that for some artists* it's just developing themes that other artists have begun, and is a form of tribute to musicians they respect and look up to.

Whereas for other frauds** it's the lowest of the low, a cynical money grab off the back of a credible artists.

*people I like

**people I dont like

Damn, we're ripping off last year's arguments.