Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Without listening to the bands from today's announcement I don't know, here's my list. Fairly well rounded every day for me, but I could do with some more Friday, today's announcement was very light that day! 

Expecting/hoping for a couple of recognisable names in the last announcement particularly Sunday with the current day count being below. If theres 19 a day which would fit into the 75/76 there's 5 names for Sunday.

THU 17

FRI 16

SAT 17

SUN 14

IMG_8516.PNG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, nickybu said:

Could they possibly be changing things up for the last announcement this year?

It would be nice, looking at the fonts used on the total line up poster - there do seem to be a few larger names missing from the Saturday and Sunday but who knows? 

so.... let's do a review

- for Thursday no major spot taken. that leaves the secondary stages headline spots to be split between Lorde and Prophets of rage probably

- Friday Klub C headliner Dupa Lipa imo and James Blake/Royal Blood in the Barn

- Saturday Klub C headliner definitely Above & Beyond... barn headliner probably Passenger/Kodaline/Crystal Fighters/TBA... very underwhelming if one of the three but no biggie- i will be on mainstage anyway

- Sunday Barn headliner... TBA I'd say

Edited by neacaisa

Just now, lighthouse said:

Which ones? Now it's basically Radiohead and company, in terms of big bands on friday. 

Apologies, I meant Thursday and Saturday. Perhaps I should have added another point to my list  - this is a 4 days festival  - most others have 3 days!

In respect of Friday i do agree, Radiohead, Royal Blood Kaleo and Future Islands look good to me, not sure on the other acts, no real big names, just need to listen to them and see what i like. 

2 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

let's be honest... friday sucks compared to the other days

+1

They've improved Thursday a bit for me today but still those first two days are strange. Nice/great headliners + weak undercard. Saturday is WILD. Sunday has Dave so it's more than OK :D:D

1 minute ago, heti said:

+1

They've improved Thursday a bit for me today but still those first two days are strange. Nice/great headliners + weak undercard. Saturday is WILD. Sunday has Dave so it's more than OK :D:D

Hahaha I think that every week. No matter who is announced for Sunday...

Dave.

51 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Think Thursday and Friday are poor bar a couple of acts but Friday bring the worst easy.  Saturday easily the strongest and Sunday has a couple I'd like and a couple I'd catch. 

I think when all the placements and splits etc are done, it doesn't look like the strongest thing ever that it's being made out to be.

Not very disappointed with this announcement because I expected these niew names. That's a mix between Main Square : Savages, Seasick Steve, Jain and pinkpop festival : mckenna. Sohn and Kodaline confirm themself and Dua Lipa was very likely. I'm very happy with Cage the Elephant and that's all. Maybe Jain with the sun and a big beer in my hand. However I'm very afraid about the potential clash's. When I see Cage the elephant, Nothing but Thieves and Benjamin Clementine on the same line, I want to cry and more if I consider I have to make a choice between Rae, Rag'n'bone man and Tourist leMC after that (three extremely boring acts). It's unfair. 

Edited by gunther Mickey

11 minutes ago, nickybu said:

Who do we think Bonobo shall clash with? Really hoping its not SOAD/Linkin Park cos that will hurt like fuck.

I'm praying it's not although I've just made a list of everyone I want to see. Averages at about 5 per day but then there's 10 on my Saturday list. Definitely going to get a few clashes there!!

While I'm here, making a list has put things into perspective. Tickets are 236 euros, or about £215.

There are 25 acts I very much want to see. Assuming I get to see all of them, that's £8.60 an act. 

Absolute bargain in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think when all the placements and splits etc are done, it doesn't look like the strongest thing ever that it's being made out to be.

To be fair it's been a while since people made outlandish claims like that.

Although I'm sure people were basing it purely on headliners.

Edited by thetime

If I look at the bands that I am looking forward to see, and compare it with the font sizes from the Facebook cover poster, I get this: 

• Biggest (4): Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, System of a Down, Foo Fighters
  • Sub (4): Imagine Dragons, Lorde, Prophets of Rage, Blink-182
  • Medium (10): Birdy, Future Islands, Kaleo, Jimmy Eat World, Kodaline, Seasick Steve, Dropkick Murphys, G-Eazy, The Lumineers, Rag'N'Bone Man
  • Small (4): Frank Carter, Machine Gun Kelly, Cage The Elephant, Nothing But Thieves. 

My conclusion is that I actually do not find the line up to be as top heavy as everybody is saying. I find it quite balanced tbh. But maybe that is because I have no interest in seing Arcade Fire, Radiohead, James Blake, Oscar and the Wolf, Alt-J and Soulwax ;) 

48 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Friday is total shit. I'm more then happy with everything else 

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Think Thursday and Friday are poor bar a couple of acts but Friday bring the worst easy.  Saturday easily the strongest and Sunday has a couple I'd like and a couple I'd catch. 

58 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Go on YouTube. Tape "Kaleo live no good", "Future Islands seasons primavera", "Nathaniel rateliff live i need never get old", "Radiohead live fake plastic trees", "" and may I add "Royal blood live figure it out" 

Friday has a fantastic undercard with Kaleo, Future Islands and Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats.

I'm stoked with Blues Pills cause their guitarist was at high school and played guitar with my best friends who are now in my band :) 

1 hour ago, thetechi said:

But this pretty much confirms Biffy, The Killers, Kasabian are all 100% out. The festival would literally have no reasons to hold these names back.

Not true mate ;) Biffy isn't so big in Belgium, and don't forget that there is still one big slot to take on Sunday, or even two with Friday. So these 3 names (and The Prodigy) are all possible, and we can still get one or two or even three of them.