Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Who is everyone looking forward to seeing? 

My list is currently at: Foos, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Blink 182, KoL, Linkin Park, SOD, Imagine Dragons, Lorde, PoR, Royal Blood, Soulwax, Birdy, Crystal Fighters, Dropkick Murphys, Future Islands, JEW, Kaleo, The Kills, Lumineers, Mark Lanegan, Passenger, Rag'n'Bone Man, White Lies, Cigarettes After Sex, Frank Carter, Glass Animals, Nothing But Thieves, and Kodaline.

That's without any listening up to acts I've never heard of on the line up. 

I'm hoping Biffy gets announced, and I'd love to see Frank Turner on the line up as well. Prodigy would be brilliant. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

My list is currently at: Foos, Blink-182, KoL, Linkin Park, SOAD, Imagine Dragons, Lorde, PoR, Royal Blood, Birdy, Crystal Fighters, Dropkick Murphys, Future Islands, JEW, Kaleo, The Kills, Lumineers, Rag'n'Bone Man, White Lies, Nothing But Thieves, and Kodaline.

Funny, I actually just copy pasted what you would like to see and then I removed a few. Nice taste dude! ;)

18 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

My list is currently at: Foos, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Blink 182, KoL, Linkin Park, SOD, Imagine Dragons, Lorde, PoR, Royal Blood, Soulwax, Birdy, Crystal Fighters, Dropkick Murphys, Future Islands, JEW, Kaleo, The Kills, Lumineers, Mark Lanegan, Passenger, Rag'n'Bone Man, White Lies, Cigarettes After Sex, Frank Carter, Glass Animals, Nothing But Thieves, and Kodaline.

That's without any listening up to acts I've never heard of on the line up. 

I'm hoping Biffy gets announced, and I'd love to see Frank Turner on the line up as well. Prodigy would be brilliant. 

58beca2e0dd32_16991697_10155015390035699_5855738265726786882_o(1).thumb.jpg.353168570427e35802769fd710e8031c.jpg

Posted this earlier in the thread a while ago. But the lamest thing I do every festival I go to: I make a "hype list" 

All the acts highlighted in red are the ones I'm most excited for (reasons i bought my ticket). All the ones in blue are ones I definitely want to see and all the ones in black are bands I'm interested to have a look at.

The list changes constantly as it's just a bit of fun and I don't take it too seriously. I also recognise I might not be able to see all the reds/blues because of potential clashes but that happens at every festival 

57 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Dude, I can voice my opinion as much as I like. I'm not the only one who feels the undercard is severely lacking and that a lot of the acts are quite "poppy".  Maybe you should look at yourself a bit and the way you post in terms of "bringing the mood down" with the way you talk to some people. 

Also, if you don't like people having a different opinion to you, then maybe a forum isn't the best place for you? 

Your name is fitting for sure.

I am not complaining about your opinions I am just saying if you hate the lineup so much then don't go, enough of us on here thinks it's one of the best in a long time so go find one that suits your tastes better.

On 14/2/2017 at 0:46 PM, Hyllebergxd said:

Looking at Hurricane Festivals lineup I would be really happy with: 

A Day To Remember - Flogging Molly - Jimmy Eat World - Gogol Bordello - You Me At Six - Kodaline - Kensington - Nothing But Thieves

Do you think that all of these are possible, or can we rule some of them out? If RW get like half of them, I would be more than happy!

I already got three from my wishlist from the Hurricane lineup. Can I please get the rest now? :P Gogol Bordello, You Me At Six and Kensington today, thx! 

(I know ADTR is ruled out)

3 hours ago, idioteque87 said:

Dude, I can voice my opinion as much as I like. I'm not the only one who feels the undercard is severely lacking and that a lot of the acts are quite "poppy".  Maybe you should look at yourself a bit and the way you post in terms of "bringing the mood down" with the way you talk to some people. 

Also, if you don't like people having a different opinion to you, then maybe a forum isn't the best place for you? 

I agree with you the under card is pretty lightweight to say the least by werchters standard, although saying that there's still plenty of acts to be announced. 

Also they have to put on on mainstream pop acts don't they? That's what sells, in the end of the day that's why it's put on. 

Personally hoping for something a bit different, personally not interested in Biffy/kasabian/killers that people are hoping for.

Saying "go to another festival that suits better instead" is a bit unrealistic. A lot of people bought tickets on the back of the headliners that were announced as they were obviously very strong, though in doing so the expectation was that further names would be announced to confirm this as the best festival for them this year. For a lot of people the subsequent announcements will then have been a disappointment as they haven't *really* been given mych more than the initial headliners who grabbed their attention.

Plus the line-up isn't just being compared to other line-ups this year, it's also being conpared to line-ups of years past. RW could be the year's best festival and still be a bit disappointing.

3 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I am not complaining about your opinions I am just saying if you hate the lineup so much then don't go, enough of us on here thinks it's one of the best in a long time so go find one that suits your tastes better.

Yes the name is a Radiohead song  - which shows top class music taste and pedigree if you ask me.

20 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I think Kodaline are a very decent announcement, best one in a while and I have no shame admitting that I bloody love the kygo song with tjem called raging, go on give me all your neg rep!!!!

Thx for mentioning that song with Kygo feat. Kodaline. I havnt heard the song before, and I find it pretty awesome! Nice song to kickstart a sunny weekend :) Cannot wait to hear that song live as well! :P 

Edited by Hyllebergxd

19 minutes ago, Hyllebergxd said:

Thx for mentioning that song with Kygo feat. Kodaline. I havnt heard the song before, and I find it pretty awesome! Nice song to kickstart a sunny weekend :) Cannot wait to hear that song live as well! :P 

My pleasure dude ... what a banger ... hopefully they will do it

3 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I've never once said I hated the line up. You're making stuff up.  I've said loads that i'm really looking forward to the headliners, which is why I bought my ticket. Am I not allowed to be disappointed with the undercard comparing it to previous years?  I'm going to go to the festival and have a fucking blast regardless of who's playing. I would like to see a few more bands who are a bit more exciting for me added. I don't think that's particularly  a terrible outlook to have.  

In all honesty, if I hadn't have booked absolutely everything when the headliners were announced I probably would change and go to BKS. However, it's a bit late for that now. 

Edited by idioteque87