Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

It doesn't mean nothing. It does mean that See have added Danish language as an option. :P

Final 2016 tour date this week though so if they were waiting to clear that before announcing next year's tour then it's time to get hyped. Might not be as exciting for all you that managed to see them this year and are happy to wait until Glastonbury but I really god damn need that 2017 tour announced.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It doesn't mean nothing. It does mean that See have added Danish language as an option. :P

Final 2016 tour date this week though so if they were waiting to clear that before announcing next year's tour then it's time to get hyped. Might not be as exciting for all you that managed to see them this year and are happy to wait until Glastonbury but I really god damn need that 2017 tour announced.

You've actually used "It doesn't mean nothing" correctly.  I don't think I've ever seen that before!

Edited by stuartbert two hats
I should read the earlier posts...

regardless of seeing them this year and hopefully seeing them at Glastonbury next year if the venue/prices aren't too ridiculous (aka not all down south again and not too far past the £60 mark) i'll undoubtedly try and see them again

also, can't believe nobody's picked up on this yet, BUT THEY PLAYED FAKE PLASTIC TREES LAST NIGHT! first time in full since 2010. now all we need is How To Disappear Completely to make it's debut on this tour 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

regardless of seeing them this year and hopefully seeing them at Glastonbury next year if the venue/prices aren't too ridiculous (aka not all down south again and not too far past the £60 mark) i'll undoubtedly try and see them again

also, can't believe nobody's picked up on this yet, BUT THEY PLAYED FAKE PLASTIC TREES LAST NIGHT! first time in full since 2010. now all we need is How To Disappear Completely to make it's debut on this tour 

It's a sign

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Didn't they play HTDC a few months ago?

Fake Plastic Trees at Glastonbury pls thx

39 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

It's definitely time for that tour to be announced. If they go for outdoor gigs again I wonder whether they might use Wembley Stadium. I'd clearly rather a two week residency at Brixton for us southerners but more and more acts seem to be announced there

I'd be gobsmacked if they announce Wembley stadium. Biggest outdoor style shows I can see them doing (at a stretch) are the cricket ground ones like on the In Rainbows tour.

We keep coming back to this but I'd find any large outdoor show incredibly unlikely. For starters, there's long been a rumour that they've booked the O2 for next year and also didn't Jonny say something before the release about the album not being fit for large shows or something? I know arenas are quite big and festival slots are 'large outdoor shows' but intentionally choosing stadiums and big parks would be a turnaround. I'm just anticipating a fairly standard arena tour.

Just looked up the capacity for last night in Mexico City was 26,000. Even though the UK tour was just 3 London dates, it was amazing that they played the Roundhouse. As far as I can see the last time they played a venue that small on a proper full band tour will have been 20 years ago!

3 hours ago, jparx said:

You guys are mad. 'I could blow through the cieling' is a top 10 Radiohead moment!

Yeah! and it was so good last time at Glastonbury too (going by the video)....despite the clapping along & Thom looking like a drowning fish while singing

Edited by Chawk

26 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Just looked up the capacity for last night in Mexico City was 26,000. Even though the UK tour was just 3 London dates, it was amazing that they played the Roundhouse. As far as I can see the last time they played a venue that small on a proper full band tour will have been 20 years ago!

The first few weeks of the 2003 tour were in some tiny venues. I saw them in The Olympia in Dublin which is about the same size as the Roundhouse.

44 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Oh really, that looks a beautiful venue too. Were you standing or seated?

Seated - right on the very top tier that I didn't even know existed prior to that show and that you need to access via a secret entrance in a back alley.

Still a cracking gig though.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It's not aged well. I mean, it's an alright 90's alt-rock song and all that but for a Radiohead setlist in 2016 it can get te fuck.

yeah i get what you mean. i love it and would be overjoyed if they played it when i saw them but it sure ain't the Radiohead of 2016 and borders just on the right side of corny balladry for me. i honestly didn't expect them to play it on this tour because of this, although i definitely didn't expect Creep to become an almost-staple either. guess they're finally happy to appease fan service