Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Sometimes 90s alt rock is OK though, especially when it's done as masterfully as Fake Plastic Trees. I love the more modern, innovative Radiohead stuff and I'm certainly glad they have moved on significantly from The Bends style, but sometimes I just want a song with a cracking chord progression and monstrous sing-along climax.

The amazing thing about this tour is that they have played everything from Kid A to Fake Plastic Trees. It's a true representation of everything Radiohead. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

The amazing thing about this tour is that they have played everything from Kid A to Fake Plastic Trees. It's a true representation of everything Radiohead. 

gotta say i was pretty underwhelmed/scared when they played that first show of this tour and it didn't stray too far from what they were playing on The King of Limbs tour, but i never imagined they'd be delving in to their back catalogue as much as they have. if/when they play Glastonbury they have the potential to play a real fucking mammoth of a set if they choose the right setlist; one that could potentially rival the two that have come before it (obviously a hard ask, but with the In Rainbows material and now AMSP they have two more pretty fantastic albums to pick and choose from)

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

gotta say i was pretty underwhelmed/scared when they played that first show of this tour and it didn't stray too far from what they were playing on The King of Limbs tour, but i never imagined they'd be delving in to their back catalogue as much as they have. if/when they play Glastonbury they have the potential to play a real fucking mammoth of a set if they choose the right setlist; one that could potentially rival the two that have come before it (obviously a hard ask, but with the In Rainbows material and now AMSP they have two more pretty fantastic albums to pick and choose from)

Some of the more recent sets on this tour have been near enough perfect for me. Especially the ones where they have trimmed some of the AMSP fat. I think for next year they only really need to play Burn the Witch, Ful Stop, Identikit and Daydreaming and maybe The Numbers.

Burn the Witch
Daydreaming
Ful Stop
The National Anthem
Lucky
Nude
There There
Lotus Flower
Separator
Myxomatosis
Identikit
The Numbers
Pyramid Song
Bodysnatchers
How to Disappear Completely
Everything in it's Right Place
Idioteque

Let Down
Present Tense
Reckoner
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Paranoid Android

Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Creep

ey

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

They will end with Karma Police. I would put money on that.

you think? i'm quite confident they'll end with Creep. they've been doing it enough on this tour, especially festivals, that it'd be weird for them to not do it at Glastonbury for that huge finale (although i guess Glastonbury will be part of a whole other leg of the tour so who knows if they'll continue playing some of the songs that have become staples this time round)

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

you think? i'm quite confident they'll end with Creep. they've been doing it enough on this tour, especially festivals, that it'd be weird for them to not do it at Glastonbury for that huge finale (although i guess Glastonbury will be part of a whole other leg of the tour so who knows if they'll continue playing some of the songs that have become staples this time round)

Karma Police would be much better for the sing along factor. Creep seems more of a Reading/Leeds thing to do (indeed they played it at Reading in '09 when they were hardly playing it at all)

14 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Karma Police would be much better for the sing along factor. Creep seems more of a Reading/Leeds thing to do (indeed they played it at Reading in '09 when they were hardly playing it at all)

well the 2010 Thom and Jonny Park performance proved that Karma Police is definitely one of the best singalongs in their catalogue (one of my favourite Glastonbury moments ever is walking back from the Park and singing the 'for a minute there...' refrain over and over again until the crowd went their separate ways and it eventually petered out) but regardless of how many times it's been played on this tour already, Creep is still the one most people secretly want to hear, and it hasn't been played in the UK since Reading. i'm not fussed if they play it or not, but i'd also go ape if they finish with it

Just now, defrio29 said:

They end their Glastonbury set at '97, '03, Thom&Jonny's 2010, and 2011 all with the same song.

Street Spirit is the right answer.

probably the perfect song they could end with really. always struck me as head and shoulders above anything else from The Bends. just in a whole league of it's own, and i never tire of hearing it

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Close with Motion Picture Soundtrack. Be a right laugh.

I would 100% cry, it's my favourite track. Just seen that MrPlayer's uploaded the full Canal+ show with MPS second to last, but has audio of the Cinnamon Girl cover at the end now.

Great set list in Mexico 

1. Burn The Witch
2. Daydreaming
3. DID
4. Ful Stop 
5. 2+2=5
6. The National Anthem 
7. All I Need (!) 
8. No Surprises 
9. Bloom
10. Lotus Flower
11. Identikit
12. The Numbers
13. Bodysnatchers
14. The Bends (tour debut, first time since 2010)
15. Nude
16. Everything In Its Right Place
17. Idioteque 

ENCORE 1

18. How To Disappear Completely (!!)
19. Present Tense
20. You and Whose Army?
21. Paranoid Android
22. There There 

ENCORE 2

23. Exit Music (For A Film)
24. Fake Plastic Trees

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

Great set list in Mexico 

1. Burn The Witch
2. Daydreaming
3. DID
4. Ful Stop 
5. 2+2=5
6. The National Anthem 
7. All I Need (!) 
8. No Surprises 
9. Bloom
10. Lotus Flower
11. Identikit
12. The Numbers
13. Bodysnatchers
14. The Bends (tour debut, first time since 2010)
15. Nude
16. Everything In Its Right Place
17. Idioteque 

ENCORE 1

18. How To Disappear Completely (!!)
19. Present Tense
20. You and Whose Army?
21. Paranoid Android
22. There There 

ENCORE 2

23. Exit Music (For A Film)
24. Fake Plastic Trees

There should be an embargo on posting set lists such as these until after we know whether we've managed to get tickets! 

33 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

There should be an embargo on posting set lists such as these until after we know whether we've managed to get tickets! 

I know what you mean , it's upping my stress levels. 

Will be my 9th glastonbury answer every year I've always wanted to see my favourite band headline. Terrified this will be the year I fail.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

At Nos Alive they did Creep then Karma Police and it was an amazing end to the show. Plus Thom does that gimmick where he keeps strumming along and the crowd carries on singing the outro. I feel like that will be the lasting moment from their set. I was never the biggest Karma Police fan, but that moment really converted me!

24 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Closing with Karma Police is perfect - 'for a minute there I lost myself' is a big singalong and the perfect way to end the set. Almost makes the whole set feel like a weird dream ending with that line.

Yup! Not their best song but definitely the best to close with.