Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

for those of you who  bought tickets to the Roundhouse shows, did any of you receive confirmation email or an email with the ticket? I just looked through my emails to check which date I'd got a ticket for but cant find any confirmation email and am now slightly panicking incase I've deleted it.

Yeah I got one. Ordered mine from Ticketmaster. Just a confirmation though, rather than a PDF ticket. Looks like they're going to be posted to me. Check your junk/trash! Or you might be able to log into whichever site you used to check your order status?

I'm loving the album. Thought it might be a bit too off-the-wall at first but it's actually really beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I got one. Ordered mine from Ticketmaster. Just a confirmation though, rather than a PDF ticket. Looks like they're going to be posted to me. Check your junk/trash! Or you might be able to log into whichever site you used to check your order status?

I'm loving the album. Thought it might be a bit too off-the-wall at first but it's actually really beautiful. 

dug through my deleted emails and found it in there! big relief!

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

yeh thats true, very excited for it. Got quite a lot of gigs booked between then and now but definitely looking forward to Bon Iver most, new album is stunning.

Yeah it's growing on me with every listen. Listened to some of the older stuff this afternoon too in a bit of a binge. I've come fairly late to the party with Bon Iver so really excited to have got tickets. 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's growing on me with every listen. Listened to some of the older stuff this afternoon too in a bit of a binge. I've come fairly late to the party with Bon Iver so really excited to have got tickets. 

sick, I'm very glad to have got a ticket too! Especially seeing as the Roundhouse is one my favorite venues.

22 hours ago, Chawk said:

Yeah, it's not like they haven't done a auto-tune track (to great effect) before either 

I don't any problems with the auto tune style vocals, I just think 715 Creeks is really poor, especially for an album with such amazing moments!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't any problems with the auto tune style vocals, I just think 715 Creeks is really poor, especially for an album with such amazing moments!

for me 715 Creeks, 21 Moon Water and 45 are the three weaker moments of the album. i don't dislike any of em, but i don't find any of them particularly memorable either. the rest of the album is solid gold though and a lot of it stands out as some of his best work for me. if he played a set of those other seven songs + select choices from his other two albums i'd be more than happy. more and more starting to think he'll be one of our Other headliners next year

They're either going to book neither of BI and Frank Ocean or they're going to book both and make them clash. My feeling

If I could see both without a clash I'd be buzzing non-stop from line-up day until the Monday morning journey home regardless of the rest of the line up, the Stone Roses can headline every night for all I care if those two happen

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

for me 715 Creeks, 21 Moon Water and 45 are the three weaker moments of the album. i don't dislike any of em, but i don't find any of them particularly memorable either. the rest of the album is solid gold though and a lot of it stands out as some of his best work for me. if he played a set of those other seven songs + select choices from his other two albums i'd be more than happy. more and more starting to think he'll be one of our Other headliners next year

I'd still rather the slot before Radiohead personally. I think it'd go down really well and be an awesome lead in for Thom and the Lads™. Not that I'd particularly be upset if they headlined the Other...

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

They're either going to book neither of BI and Frank Ocean or they're going to book both and make them clash. My feeling

If I could see both without a clash I'd be buzzing non-stop from line-up day until the Monday morning journey home

Abbreviating 'Bon Iver'? Really? :P

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I'd still rather the slot before Radiohead personally. I think it'd go down really well and be an awesome lead in for Thom and the Lads™. Not that I'd particularly be upset if they headlined the Other...

obviously that would be ideal and avoid any horrible headliner clashes, but, with this new album especially, it seems like quite a low-key/leftfield choice of sub. it would be good for Radiohead fans as i imagine there's a large crossover there, but there'd be very little crowd swap between acts. but fingers crossed ey. Bon Iver > Radiohead on the Pyramid on the Friday would be an insane end to the first proper night of music

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

obviously that would be ideal and avoid any horrible headliner clashes, but, with this new album especially, it seems like quite a low-key/leftfield choice of sub. it would be good for Radiohead fans as i imagine there's a large crossover there, but there'd be very little crowd swap between acts. but fingers crossed ey. Bon Iver > Radiohead on the Pyramid on the Friday would be an insane end to the first proper night of music

I feel like it's being a tad greedy, but I'm really gunning for that :P Sunday Other headliner against Stone Roses would be acceptable compromise  ;)

Edit: Although that would be annoying clash. I would never turn down the chance to see an act in their prime though in that situation.

Edited by jparx

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

I feel like it's being a tad greedy, but I'm really gunning for that :P Sunday Other headliner against Stone Roses would be acceptable compromise  ;)

Edit: Although that would be annoying clash. I would never turn down the chance to see an act in their prime though in that situation.

yeah vs. Stone Roses seems like a very realistic eventual outcome to me, which would be very annoying. vs. Ed Sheeran on the Saturday though would be great though. even in these early stages of us knowing absolutely nothing of the lineup i'm already anticipating some pretty cry-worthy clashes

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah vs. Stone Roses seems like a very realistic eventual outcome to me, which would be very annoying. vs. Ed Sheeran on the Saturday though would be great though. even in these early stages of us knowing absolutely nothing of the lineup i'm already anticipating some pretty cry-worthy clashes

Bon Iver vs Stone Roses would be an absolute nightmare. I'd probably end up having to miss Bon and the lads which would be a gutter. 

Good 8 months of this baseless speculation to look forward too folks.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Bon Iver vs Stone Roses would be an absolute nightmare. I'd probably end up having to miss Bon and the lads which would be a gutter. 

Good 8 months of this baseless speculation to look forward too folks.

The speculation is getting a little out of hand. Anyone know if it'll rain that day? I might try catch a bit of them both if there's no mud. 

10 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

The speculation is getting a little out of hand. Anyone know if it'll rain that day? I might try catch a bit of them both if there's no mud. 

pretty realistic speculation though; one Pyramid headliner who looks to be all but nailed on, and one act who seems a pretty good contender to be another stage headliner one night. not like we're talking about the likelihood of Kaiser Chiefs clashing with Clean Bandit

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

pretty realistic speculation though; one Pyramid headliner who looks to be all but nailed on, and one act who seems a pretty good contender to be another stage headliner one night. not like we're talking about the likelihood of Kaiser Chiefs clashing with Clean Bandit

Team Ricky

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

After Justin has gone out of his way to guest in sets at the last two Glastonburys, I think we can safely assume they're a dead cert for next year.

Devil's advocate here. He could go to Glasto because he wasn't touring.

1 hour ago, T-Mouse said:

Leave 715Creeks alone!!!! Its genuinely my highlight of the album. #TeamCreeks 

You are fucked!!