Headliner predictions 2017

swede

On 2016-08-27 at 3:01 PM, Madyaker said:

Oasis are dead realistically. Noel has zero interest in it and Liam can't sing the songs anymore. Plus they were diabolical in 2005 so I seriously doubt glasto would book them again.

Liam sounded great with Roger Daltrey a couple years ago. I really hope that is new album will be a hit and not too wannabe-john lennon, he wrote a few good ones for Oasis actually, like the boy with the blues, songbird, born on a different cloud, im outta time etc. 

edit i was wrong :)

Edited by Ovechkin

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

just as an aside, the Electric Picnic timings are out and Noelly-G is subbing LCD Soundsystem.  

that couldn't possibly be true as according to several posters on here, Noel Gallagher thinks he should headline every festival he plays, and his ego wouldn't possibly allow him to accept a sub slot. ;)

Edited by ghostdancer1

13 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I thought Stone Roses were a third contender.

They might have been mentioned.. But realistically they have to be considered long shots.

A band that only currently exists to chase the money on offer and consistently refuses to allow their sets to go on TV doesn't seem like a good fit for a Festival that pays about a quarter of the other major festivals or their own gigs, but compensates for the lack of cash with probably the most TV exposure of any Festival in the world.

But then my theory for the 3rd act is Alicia Keys which many will see as just as unlikely so who knows.

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

As things stand - and correct me if I'm wrong - this is the current state of play:

Ed Sheeran - highly likely

Radiohead - likely

I don't think there's a third contender yet, and all bets are off for the Legend.

Would say Radiohead are possible rather than likely. Couple of sources from the band (e.g. Jonny in an interview) have indicated no plans for touring next year as yet, and no particularly strong rumours from the festival side either. Hopefully this changes though...

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

Would say Radiohead are possible rather than likely. Couple of sources from the band (e.g. Jonny in an interview) have indicated no plans for touring next year as yet, and no particularly strong rumours from the festival side either. Hopefully this changes though...

Neil had a source at the festival saying he heard radiohead were booked 

Although he couldn't validate how sober the source was when given this info 

Edited by brettredmayne

17 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Yep, but until we hear either of a Radiohead tour which might correspond to that slot or any more solid rumours, definitely can't call a Radiohead appearance anything more than possible. 

It's just hype building

all they've done this year is play festivals and intimate shows. They will tour

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I don't know about ParryPower but when I looked last night Betfair were still taking bets on Ed Sheeran as Saturday Night headliner.

yep right here

https://www.betfair.com/sport/special-bets?id=9772203&competitionEventId=27857634&action=loadCompetition&competitionId=9772203&modules=multipickoutright@1007

Sheeran was 3/1 but has now gone down to 2/1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Really surprised to see Stone Roses that far down, particularly the same odds as Coldplay.  Might be worth a cheeky fiver that one

Sheeran seems pretty nailed on for the Saturday i reckon so even though Roses at 25/1 seems a good deal (and it could still come through) i think they can be confident in sticking them at those odds

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Sheeran seems pretty nailed on for the Saturday i reckon so even though Roses at 25/1 seems a good deal (and it could still come through) i think they can be confident in sticking them at those odds

I think it's more the odds of Coldplay doing two years on the bounce or the Rolling Stones making a return as being the same as SR playing at all that surprised me!

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While I know what you mean, the Stones are likely to be playing Europe next summer and I dunno if there are any indications that the Roses will even be active at that point.

Have you seen the state of the Roses?  I'm not convinced they're active when they're actually on stage!  Fair point though.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Have you seen the state of the Roses?  I'm not convinced they're active when they're actually on stage!  Fair point though.

I'll agree with you away from the stage, the silence is ridiculous. But (I am a fan admittedly) live this summer they were fantastic.

9 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I'll agree with you away from the stage, the silence is ridiculous. But (I am a fan admittedly) live this summer they were fantastic.

How was Ian's voice?  I know it's never been the best anyway, but truth be told that's the bit that worries me about seeing them!