EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

Just now, stopwn1981 said:

Could just be a ruse to put people off coming early to minimise number that do...probably still let in those that do turn up.

In the absence of anything at all on their website or Twitter, I'm starting to think the same. Which is only going to penalise the responsible types who read and obey their emails. Totally unfair.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon they must be laying track or something - if it's wet then people will get stuck.

Methinks if that's the case they will enforce the 6pm thing because otherwise we'll be backed up with stuck vehicles.

Now planning to get there for 8:30pm - will assume I'll be in a 3 hr queue - so onsite around midnight? Am I too hopeful?

46 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Still nothing on the official site or Twitter.  Incredible.

i think you'll find there is hidden away:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/#whenaccess

First entry is from 18:00 hours Tuesday 21st June until 1400 hours Sunday 26th June.

Just now, 5co77ie said:

A strangely subtle way of going about things. And read the sentence after the one you quote, which still talks about noon. If they were serious about telling everyone this, it'd be very easy for them to make a news story on the website, or tweet about this. They're choosing not to, which means a lot of people won't get the message, and will add to the chaos tomorrow. Foolish, imho.

5 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

It then goes on to say there will be no access before 12 noon???

This is a right mess. Why can't they just release a news update?

I'm 3 miles down the road with a load of other campervan people pretty much everyone here is saying they are going to try for midday. 

I just think 6pm is madness. But we'll see. I would be shocked if people are still not allowed in until 6pm.

4 minutes ago, bekimo said:

I'm 3 miles down the road with a load of other campervan people pretty much everyone here is saying they are going to try for midday. 

I just think 6pm is madness. But we'll see. I would be shocked if people are still not allowed in until 6pm.

Ill be there at midday

1 minute ago, yehbutnobut said:

I just cant see, with the volume of traffic, that apart from quieing how they're going to get vehicles towing caravans etc to turn around if they turn up early. It will be absolute carnage.

No need to turn around, just keep you moving on till the next roundabout. it's still going to be messy, used to be bad turning up 07:30 for the normal car parks before they started this early opening malarky.

Chill the fudge out people...

I have it from a pal onsite that so much stuff is way off schedule and it seems only reasonable this could also extend to the motorhome fields, toilets, water, tracks, gates, access for site vehicles.

If they're smart they'll have people a couple of miles back turning people away at that roundabout on the a37. 

My only concern if I were going in a camper this year is that if the problem is drainage rather than infrastructure they would fill the highest fields up first if they do let people in early.  If memory service, they are those furthest away from Gate C.  So if you did get in before the 6 pm deadline might mean you have longer walks onto (and off of) site everyday.  (Note: I don't really know what the f*ck I'm talking about when it comes to stuff like this - just thought it might be a consideration for some)

Edited by mandolin
Stupid typo!

2 minutes ago, mandolin said:

My only concern if I were going in a camper this year is that if the problem is drainage rather than infrastructure they would fill the highest fields up first if they do let people in early.  If memory service, they are those furthest away from Gate C.  So if you did get in before the 6 pm deadline might mean you have longer walks onto (and off of) site everyday.  (Note: I don't really know what the f*ck I'm talking about when it comes to stuff like this - just thought it might be a consideration for some)

As it strands I'll be quite happy being in one of the distant fields, more chance of getting out again.

as for turning people around, just close the road at Pylle that leads to the east field and same for west field, just don't let people turn off the main roads.