kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is hilarious from football 365

'Liverpool’s embarrassing climbdown on Virgil van Dijk has left many fans reeling, but nobody has taken it quite so badly asTalkSPORT’s Micky Quinn. Just enjoy…

“I’ve gone from head in the clouds on Tuesday when we did the show, going home, chest sticking out, ringing my dad ‘oh what a great signing, looking forward to the fixtures coming out for next year, Van Dijk at the back, leader, leader for Liverpool, he’s going to be a great player, great in the Champions League’ and so on and so on, family rung everyone.

“And then I was just like a pigeon who has been shot from the sky. I just flopped onto the ground yesterday, the deal’s off.

“The embarrassing apology from Liverpool Football Club and I am lower than a snake’s belly.

“I came into the talkSPORT office with a top hat on and got underneath the door, I was that low.

“For Liverpool fans it’s so frustrating, it really is, thinking you’ve got a top-class player, where the defence is the weak-link at Liverpool and he’s going to drive Liverpool on next season, to nothing and then an embarrassing apology which somebody has to answer for because something went drastically wrong with this transfer.

“And someone has made a huge mistake so heads will roll. Here’s the sick bucket Danny, I’ve filled it up this morning.”

A floppy, vomit-stained Micky Quinn. We will leave you with that thought.'

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Really is amateur hour at LFC there. Someones getting sacked. IF you're going to tap a player up, don't get caught!

No new contract for Zlatan it seems. 

If he's not going to be fit until Christmas then it makes sense, you could end up paying him £5-6m before he's even kicked another ball for you.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If he's not going to be fit until Christmas then it makes sense, you could end up paying him £5-6m before he's even kicked another ball for you.

Indeed. Couple of months to get back in the swing of things, seasons nearly over and then hes 37.

Shame though.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

like fergie did with whatisname from spurs. :P

Yep thats how its done.

Spurs: "We never gave Utd permission to speak to Berbatov"

Utd: "But you gave the player permission to "travel to Manchester" to discuss a signing

"Spurs: "errrr....... yeah"

A joke what has happened with LFC and Van Dijk, but I wouldn't be surprised if this transfer rears its head again nearer the end of the window. Folk will have calmed down and Saints will have a lot of time to think about the money. They say they dont need it but its not about need. Clubs will always want more. Potential record breaking fees and massive returns on a short investment in a player are things not to be sniffed at. Also the player obviously wants to go to LFC and that may mean something later on down the road......

47 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

A joke what has happened with LFC and Van Dijk, but I wouldn't be surprised if this transfer rears its head again nearer the end of the window. Folk will have calmed down and Saints will have a lot of time to think about the money. They say they dont need it but its not about need. Clubs will always want more. Potential record breaking fees and massive returns on a short investment in a player are things not to be sniffed at. Also the player obviously wants to go to LFC and that may mean something later on down the road......

yeah, I'm thinking it'll probably come round again, and there's the look of wanting extra money about the complaint. Depends how far other clubs are prepared to go, I guess.

From what I've read on twitter it's more serious than first though. Apparently Klopp had a meeting with VVD in Blackpool, as well as exchanging texts. If you're meeting the player without their clubs permission then it's a breach of the rules. Discussing things with their agent is one thing but meeting them directly is against the rules. Unlikely as it is I really hope we don't get some kind of transfer ban.

HOWEVER, personally I don't really see the difference between what we've done and (for example) when Barca were after Fabregas, that was relentless. Pretty sure some of the Spanish players even put a Barca top on him at the victory parade after winning the Euros/World Cup.

We'll see what happens, I guess. I personally don't see us signing him now for fear of getting a fine/ban. I think the fact we've felt the need to issue an official apology says a lot.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Morata to Utd deal looks done. Exciting enough. Very Mourinho type striker.

Zlatan released but staying on for rehab so wouldn't be surprised to see him back next season. 

Would be a very ideal signing for you. Didn't he say the other day that he expects to be team mates with James Rodriguez next season, too?

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Would be a very ideal signing for you. Didn't he say the other day that he expects to be team mates with James Rodriguez next season, too?

Apparently. I don't pay too much attention to silly season unless theres a deal done reported by someone reputable. Utd will spend bagloads this season though.

Surprised if Morata happens. Madrid only bought him back a year ago, Madrid born, super sub with 20 goals off the bench this season. Have no idea why they would sell him. 

So.... worlds oldest derby fixture today. Slightly more optimistic today than at Wembley where Scotland created more chances than expected but still got pumped.

Evening kick off so time for everyone to have a shandy and enjoy the sunshine.

Head says England with Kane scoring Atleast once but if Scotland can get to half time at 0-0 then perhaps a late Griffiths winner with a long range effort thrown into the net by Hart in the last minute :-)

England's undefeated run in qualifiers is scary !

Enjoy the game.

8 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

So.... worlds oldest derby fixture today. Slightly more optimistic today than at Wembley where Scotland created more chances than expected but still got pumped.

Evening kick off so time for everyone to have a shandy and enjoy the sunshine.

Head says England with Kane scoring Atleast once but if Scotland can get to half time at 0-0 then perhaps a late Griffiths winner with a long range effort thrown into the net by Hart in the last minute :-)

England's undefeated run in qualifiers is scary !

Enjoy the game.

Enjoy your day at Hampden comfy.

3-1   Scotland.