Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

16 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

More on Alexis:

[–]WhitbyRoadSoldier 1 point 14 hours ago* 

Are you looking forward to playing Glastonbury? Do you guys play every year?

Thanks for everything. You continually put out music I love and play shows that I have an incredible time at...

Saw you at Gorilla in Manchester a few years ago. It was superb. Saw you at the warehouse too, again, a great night.

Edit: Just saw your glasto response elsewhere...always read the comments. Looking forward to it!

[–]ALEXISTAYLORSOLO[S] 3 points 14 hours ago 

oh thanks. Come to my solo show in Manchester on June 21st if you are about. with a DJ set from Manchester's own Black Lodge. This year at Glastonbury Hot Chip will only be DJing and doing various solo sets (I'll be at the Crow's Nest Saturday night at 7.30 and Joe is doing some DJ sets most nights I believe)

Does this sound like a DJ set?  I can't quite tell.  His recent stuff could easily be played in the Crow's Nest.

I was chatting to the dad of one of the kids in my class yesterday who is in the know. Apparently Alexis has one of the largest Prince collections in the world and is doing a special purple one dj set. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Celery said:

I was chatting to the dad of one of the kids in my class yesterday who is in the know. Apparently Alexis has one of the largest Prince collections in the world and is doing a special purple one dj set. 

Yeah, that'll be the "Hot Chip remembers Prince" set.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Twitter link

Just a thought, but a quick google reveals that the SMS limit has been in effect since at least 2014. Was everyone using IFTTT getting all the texts last year? It seems a little odd that the limit didn't seem to be in place last year - perhaps it's a limit for free texts?

9 hours ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

Sorry I can't tomorrow night, I'm in Bristol all day, then I've a mountain of DIY to sort when I get home before the decorators arrive. Should be fine Thursday/Friday night though.

No worries, I'll try and figure it out. If not I'll probably be back in touch!

9 hours ago, musky said:

Just a thought, but a quick google reveals that the SMS limit has been in effect since at least 2014. Was everyone using IFTTT getting all the texts last year? It seems a little odd that the limit didn't seem to be in place last year - perhaps it's a limit for free texts?

Interesting. Guess we'll find out after the ninth tweet.

9 hours ago, musky said:

Anyone who knows exactly how many texts they received while they were at Glasto wasn't really there...

8 minutes ago, richy24 said:

For some reason I get every text twice. I reached my limit last year on Sunday afternoon. Think fatboy slim may have been one of the last ones. Think that was after 50 texts (or 25 tweets)

I counted 53 texts on my phone, including one test tweet. There were 4 tweets after Fatboy. That's sounding like there may have been a 100 SMS limit if you were receiving each one twice.

4 hours ago, richy24 said:

That makes sense actually! Will check when I fire up the old Nokia this weekend!

No idea why I'm getting duplicates though...thinking maybe I added the recipe twice

Just look at your IFTTT recipes, it tells you how many times it ran.

I've got this working with an IFTTT recipe & FastSMS.
Basically how it work is: IFTTT sends an email from your Gmail account to the FastSMS email address with the tweet in, then FastSMS sends this email to your mobile.
Any questions please ask.

You will need:

• A IFTTT account
  • A FastSMS account & you will need to buy credits,  you get 10 free to try with first so don't buy them straight away, it's £3.50 for 100.
  • A Gmail account connected to IFTTT

Instructions

• From FastSMS note down your username & your Email to SMS token.
  • Head to IFTTT and add this recipe, you need to change a few values.
    • In the 'To' address put your mobiles numbers country code followed bu your number (dropping the fist 0) followed by @my.fastsms.co.uk' e.g. 447890123456@my.fastsms.co.uk
    • In the 'Body' replace Username & Email to SMS Token with what you noted down earlier removing the square brackets from the body.
    • Keep the <br> in the body as this will format the email correctly for FastSMS.
  • Now it should all work, I have tested it by changing the Username to watch to my personal one & send a tweet out.

Notes

• If you want to change your password from the default one they send you, change it before noting down the Email to SMS Token.
  • With a max tweet of 140 characters + a space + : + secrectglasto should be under 160 characters so you only use one credit per text sent. It looks as if you might get 100 free credits on FastSMS by filling out a survey in the rewards section (I haven't tried this yet).
Edited by Dukeicon

2 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Haven't monitored the forums for a few weeks.. Who are the favourites for Williams Green Thursday and any other worthy mentions at this time?

It's only 12 pages but i'm that lazy

Two Door Cinema Club and The DMAs

Still thin pickings with less than a week to go. Last info was on Alexis Taylor, which was great. Anyone else picked up on anything on the web? Anything been mentioned on other threads?

This thread has been kept on the front page, which is great, but mainly talking about how to get the texts. Right now the 10 text limit isn't going to be a problem!

SecretGlasto needs YOU! Can we find out who is playing Bimble? Can we find out what Alexis is doing in The Crow's Nest?(He's not on Twitter, so I asked @Hot_Chip, but they don't seem to type to reply). Let's find keyboardists and hound them(politely if course :) ) on social media. Let's Google for recent interviews where bands can't resist giving the game away. We can do this people!

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

16 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

On the 'changes to line up thread' on June 8 someone posted that bbc introducing TBA on Friday is tom Robinson ... Apparently was on the site for a time before changing to TBA (or something like that ) 

Excellent, thank you. This is the kind of stuff we need. Do you mean the 22:30 -23:30 slot?

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Excellent, thank you. This is the kind of stuff we need. Do you mean the 22:30 -23:30 slot?

This is what was said

Most of the friday lineup has shifted time-wise, and Tom Robinson’s been changed to Surprise Guest - which I assume is probably Tom Robinson