Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Still think Florence could easily be there. Not mentioned her as I think the 4 I keep predicting are more likely, but yeah like you say, with no solid info we could easily get something that shakes it up.

Yeah, I don't actually think Noel G is a possibility bc he's doing that shitty NBHD lark but it was just a name that was touring and would shock just about everyone.

Flo would be grand. Kanye being booked as one of his first shows back also, that'd be a brilliant surprise well outside of current discussion.

34 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, I tried to make the fact that all the current dance sub suggestions were unlikely in the essay (hence why instead of naming them I just said + a dance act).....

And I think they could probs get away with putting Wolf Alice vs. Foos no? I've never seen Wolf Alice live but if their album stuff is anything to go by it aint that much different than the Muse vs. Haim clash last year

Wombats 3rd down I still think would be stronger than Blossoms this year (and I doubt a foos day would suffer ticket sales that much by having a weaker undercard)

I thought it was a decent write-up even if like others I'm not convinced by the potential dance subs.  Agree as well that a surprise strong rumour (or announced) headliner would throw the predictions consensus into chaos.

On Foos v Wolf Alice / Muse v Haim, I don't think FR would waste Wolf Alice by putting them up against the biggest draw of the weekend.  FR tend to look after upcoming British acts, particularly guitar bands because of their potential future value as subs/headliners.  They'll want to make sure Wolf Alice's slot is a triumph and seen by as many as possible, not thrown into a (edit - at most) half full tent while the vast majority are at Foo Fighters.

I've said before I can absolutely see Wombats in the 3rd down slot, whether we all like it or not.

Edited by WFD

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

The dance acts I can think about being around at that point that could sub are pretty limited:

- The Prodigy

- Chainsmokers (think they more likely for Zombie V)

- Skrillex (if he's back to touring)

- Swedish House Mafia (if they reform)

- Pendulum Live? (Really doubt this think if they play they would headline NME, though they will probably have new material out by then)

I doubt they'd put a rapper under him, so other than that I guess it is a rock band? Maybe something like Twenty One Pilots would be ok as it is kind of a crossover act?

I read this. Ignored it. And then had to come back to it. 

One of the acts you've listed as potentially being around in August to sub reading and leeds is on the basis of them reforming. 

Surely with that logic, we could add in Daft Punk (if they decide to tour again). 

Here are some bands that I could see playing this year:

-  The Maccabees (if they reform)

-  Black Sabbath (if they reform)

- Pretty Visions - (if the band is created, records music, releases music steadily over the year gaining a large following so that the bookers of RnL take note and book them for this years' fest)

It's been a long week. 

3 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

I’m now at the spot where the arctic monkeys gig is (was passing by it) so went to see if any fans are here, nope can’t see any! Il check again when I walk back xXx

good job Alfie

8 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

I read this. Ignored it. And then had to come back to it. 

One of the acts you've listed as potentially being around in August to sub reading and leeds is on the basis of them reforming. 

Surely with that logic, we could add in Daft Punk (if they decide to tour again). 

Here are some bands that I could see playing this year:

-  The Maccabees (if they reform)

-  Black Sabbath (if they reform)

- Pretty Visions - (if the band is created, records music, releases music steadily over the year gaining a large following so that the bookers of RnL take note and book them for this years' fest)

It's been a long week. 

Correct, but there are many things that suggest they are gonna be reforming:

- 5 year anniversary since they broke up

- The just wiped clean all the SHM social media

- Steve Angello just started following Axwell and Ingrosso again on twitter, instagram etc.

- Angello has also just finished a tour for his last album

- It is rumoured SHM will be headlining Ultra Miami

On that same list, Skrillex also ain't touring at the moment. But the rumours are is he is working on an album that should be out this year...

Curious to what everyone in here would think about AM if it wasn't for the info the site owner received. 

Fair enough on predicting Foos but I don't see AM being far more unlikely than anyone else suggested. I don't necessarily think they'll be there but I don't see why royal blood/ kendrick / paramore / imagine dragons are sane predictions but Arctics so stupid 

13 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Curious to what everyone in here would think about AM if it wasn't for the info the site owner received. 

Fair enough on predicting Foos but I don't see AM being far more unlikely than anyone else suggested. I don't necessarily think they'll be there but I don't see why royal blood/ kendrick / paramore / imagine dragons are sane predictions but Arctics so stupid 

1. If Foos are playing (which it's looking like they are) and AM are then that would be massive for R&L. Why waste 2 of the biggest ticket sellers in one year

2. It's only been 4 years, which is quite a short gap for most big bands (Foos will be on like an 8 year gap this year iirc)

3. Currently, it's looking like AM will be touring June/July (the opposite end of the summer to R&L)

4. They are heavily rumoured for Tramlines, which is in Sheffield. Why would they play Sheffield and Leeds?

5. Foos, Kendrick and a Royal Blood coheadline (with whoever) is such a well rounded set of headliners. Variety with kendrick, new acts being bumped up with the coheadline, should leave money left for the undercard (unlike last year) etc.

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

1. If Foos are playing (which it's looking like they are) and AM are then that would be massive for R&L. Why waste 2 of the biggest ticket sellers in one year

2. It's only been 4 years, which is quite a short gap for most big bands (Foos will be on like an 8 year gap this year iirc)

3. Currently, it's looking like AM will be touring June/July (the opposite end of the summer to R&L)

4. They are heavily rumoured for Tramlines, which is in Sheffield. Why would they play Sheffield and Leeds?

5. Foos, Kendrick and a Royal Blood coheadline (with whoever) is such a well rounded set of headliners. Variety with kendrick, new acts being bumped up with the coheadline, should leave money left for the undercard (unlike last year) etc.

Tbf I still think foos, AM and kendrick is quite nice and rounded. And didn't RHCP only leave a 5 year gap recently? 

But that gives a better insight cheers