Lineup 2018

12 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

EDIT: Aha Proof, some other guy posted it 4 hours ago:

For me, Paramore aren't a ticket shifting headliner, Foo Fighters would be a more logical first release.

Besides from Broco, Catfish & Northlane nothing for me, and wouldn't buy my ticket.

15 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

How man acts in the past have had like a major spot (headliners, top of main stage or nme) and then drastically bend lowered in their next return? 

It's pretty rare because if an act is falling that drastically then they'd be picked up by smaller festivals rather than R&L using up one of their spots for them - R&L tend to give slots to acts on the rise rather than acts drastically falling down lineups (i.e. Jake Bugg getting a really big slot in 2014 and not booked again since). If they do book a falling act again it tends to be a fair few years later rather than giving them a great spot one year and a shitter spot the next.

Dunno if it's exactly what you're talking about but an example I could think of would be Klaxons, who were NME headliners in 2010 but then subbed the dance stage in 2014 which is quite a bit smaller in just 4 years. But really it doesn't happen that often.

Dunno if you are wondering about The Libertines or not, but I think it'll be a few years till they're back if at all.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

43 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

It's much easier to edit over one colour (in this case black), rather than have a different stock image and prints over the top of it. Looks like the paramore one was made pretty much from scratch

Weird that they have the image thing on point but the font is just some generic ass MS Paint thing.

30 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

How man acts in the past have had like a major spot (headliners, top of main stage or nme) and then drastically bend lowered in their next return? 

Ash were main stage subs in 1998 and played 3rd down on the festival republic stage last year. 

In general though, it is rare that acts falling down festival line ups are booked at Reading and Leeds.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

@Mattymooz Damn dude I just saw your post on the Reading subreddit. You just posted your prediction as "the most likely lineup"? This is psychotic.

MWhahahaha. But fo real I tried to just explain everything cause I'm just fucking tired of the "Omfg why are catfish not headlining" posts on twitter.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

MWhahahaha. But fo real I tried to just explain everything cause I'm just fucking tired of the "Omfg why are catfish not headlining" posts on twitter.

Okay man but that's just tieing your own noose really. Without any eFestivals information (for which there is a distinct lack this year) we barely even get it half right between us, so going over to another forum and enlightening them on behalf of eFests that our bullshit is better than theirs is kinda misplaced confidence.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

Okay man but that's just tieing your own noose really. Without any eFestivals information (for which there is a distinct lack this year) we barely even get it half right between us, so going over to another forum and enlightening them on behalf of eFests that our bullshit is better than theirs is kinda misplaced confidence.

Yeah I edited at the top. In hindsight that was a really dumb title lmfao

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

@Mattymooz Damn dude I just saw your post on the Reading subreddit. You just posted your prediction as "the most likely lineup"? This is psychotic.

:lol: I just saw this too. Was news to me that we've decided The Prodigy/Skrillex/SHM/Pendulum are gonna sub, The Wombats will play 3rd down and Enter Shikari will headline NME.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

:lol: I just saw this too. Was news to me that we've decided The Prodigy/Skrillex/SHM/Pendulum are gonna sub, The Wombats will play 3rd down and Enter Shikari will headline NME.

Well I think that is most of that is a best guess no? I think most people agree that someone along those lines will play under kendrick right?

Wombats and Shikari sure are just guesses (but I explained the other possibilities etc. in the massive essay)

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Well I think that is most of that is a best guess no? I think most people agree that someone along those lines will play under kendrick right?

Wombats and Shikari sure are just guesses (but I explained the other possibilities etc. in the massive essay)

Well to me there doesn't seem to be a dance act that's big enough to sub who are remotely likely to play. I'd be very surprised if any of those acts you mentioned sub (or even play at all). Even if SHM return, they've never been an R&L act; they haven't bothered booking The Prodigy since 2009 so they're clearly not bothered about them; Skrillex and Pendulum are surely not big enough to sub now.

Yeah but there are loads of other guesses for those slots and I don't think there's any kind of consensus on here that those two will be in them. Personally, again, I don't think either of them will be. If two of the days are headlined by Foos and Royal Blood/Paramore on main I doubt they'll have two broadly rock headliners on NME (Enter Shikari and Wolf Alice) as they'd be silly to clash either of them with the main stage acts I mentioned, unless they have a closing set or something. And The Wombats third down would be embarrassing; I don't have them down to play at all but if they do I doubt they'll be above 4th.

Tbf pretty much all of our entire lineup predictions are such guesswork that Neil could come in at any time and say someone we haven't mentioned much eg. Noel Gallagher is headlining and it'd shake up the entire thing. We're likely all gonna be surprised at how much the real thing differs to what we believe now - that jog down memory lane for the 2014 release day is proof of that.

Edited by dentalplan

On 17/11/2017 at 2:04 PM, MIchael_scarn said:

Have to say that would be the poorest RB co-headline suggested on this thread. Hopefully no where near the festival next year

15 hours ago, Hawky said:

I agree that it is likely theyll be headlining Mad Cool, but I don't think that means they're likely for BST. 

Favourite Worst Nightmare, first gig of this tour was at The Leadmill.

Humbug, headlined Leeds festival as soon as it came out (after a warm up show at Brixton academy)

Suck it and see they played 2 comeback shows at don valley stadium to start this tour.

2013 Their comeback gig was Glasto, which is a bit of an anomaly which can't happen again this year.

They seem to like returning 'home' to start a tour... and with them seemingly ruled out of Leeds  i think there's a  chance this Tramlines festival rumour is correct (either that or they're going to do a couple of shows at Hillsborough)

There are a few festivals yet to announce their last headliner, AM can't be playing every where! BST will have another act that's being held back or Fleetwood Mac. 

Got a feeling last one will be either Arctic Monkeys, U2 or Rolling Stones

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well to me there doesn't seem to be a dance act that's big enough to sub who are remotely likely to play. I'd be very surprised if any of those acts you mentioned sub (or even play at all). Even if SHM return, they've never been an R&L act; they haven't bothered booking The Prodigy since 2009 so they're clearly not bothered about them; Skrillex and Pendulum are surely not big enough to sub now.

Yeah but there are loads of other guesses for those slots and I don't think there's any kind of consensus on here that those two will be in them. Personally, again, I don't think either of them will be. If two of the days are headlined by Foos and Royal Blood/Paramore on main I doubt they'll have two broadly rock headliners on NME (Enter Shikari and Wolf Alice) as they'd be silly to clash either of them with the main stage acts I mentioned, unless they have a closing set or something. And The Wombats third down would be embarrassing; I don't have them down to play at all but if they do I doubt they'll be above 4th.

I mean, I tried to make the fact that all the current dance sub suggestions were unlikely in the essay (hence why instead of naming them I just said + a dance act).....

And I think they could probs get away with putting Wolf Alice vs. Foos no? I've never seen Wolf Alice live but if their album stuff is anything to go by it aint that much different than the Muse vs. Haim clash last year

Wombats 3rd down I still think would be stronger than Blossoms this year (and I doubt a foos day would suffer ticket sales that much by having a weaker undercard)

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf pretty much all of our entire lineup predictions are such guesswork that Neil could come in at any time and say someone we haven't mentioned much eg. Noel Gallagher is headlining and it'd shake up the entire thing. We're likely all gonna be surprised at how much the real thing differs to what we believe now - that jog down memory lane for the 2014 release day is proof of that.

Still think Florence could easily be there. Not mentioned her as I think the 4 I keep predicting are more likely, but yeah like you say, with no solid info we could easily get something that shakes it up.

5 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Got a feeling last one will be either Arctic Monkeys, U2 or Rolling Stones

Not a chance of U2 or The Stones

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, I tried to make the fact that all the current dance sub suggestions were unlikely in the essay (hence why instead of naming them I just said + a dance act).....

And I think they could probs get away with putting Wolf Alice vs. Foos no? I've never seen Wolf Alice live but if their album stuff is anything to go by it aint that much different than the Muse vs. Haim clash last year

Wombats 3rd down I still think would be stronger than Blossoms this year (and I doubt a foos day would suffer ticket sales that much by having a weaker undercard)

Wolf Alice are nothing like HAIM. They're a Foos support act on their tour this year and are even on Foos' undercard at Download Paris despite not being a Download band at all (so probably booked specifically to appeal to Foos fans).

Edit: And I don't agree on The Wombats being stronger than Blossoms. Blossoms were one of the biggest emerging British bands and they'd just had a number one album, hadn't they? And they're much more likely to give a higher slot to a band on the rise than a band whose peak was a decade ago and are having some random resurgence in popularity now. Plus Blossoms were an uncharacteristically weak 3rd down act, so I wouldn't use that as a basis for future predictions.

Edited by Gucci Piggy