Lineup 2018

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmm, been thinking and maybe Pixies could play under the Royal Blood/Paramore coheadline? That way they are a third down act but get the ego boost of looking like a sub? Again, this is on the off chance that they are playing which imo is unlikely

I really doubt any of these acts consider whether they're going to look like a sub or have their logo on the poster or anything when they're taking offers of what festivals they're going to play at.

Would Pixies, one of the most acclaimed rock bands of the last few decades, who headlined R&L 12 years ago, really get any kind of ego boost from playing below Royal Blood and Paramore?

The last time they played major UK festivals was in 2014 where they subbed the Other Stage at Glasto below Jake Bugg (same slot as Paolo Nutini and Ellie Goulding), and headlining King Tuts (the 3rd stage) at TITP (same slot as Ben Howard and Example).

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

I swear no ones really considered catfish too much as a headliner - they've sold out finsbury park as part of a festival and are as big - if not bigger than royal blood and the last year they both played was 2015 so I think catfish are definitely potential co headliners too 

Catfish aren’t as big as Royal Blood. Just take a look at the size of the Arena your RB have recently done. I personally don’t think Catfish will headline or even co-headline. I think they’re going to stagnate. 

9 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I swear no ones really considered catfish too much as a headliner - they've sold out finsbury park as part of a festival and are as big - if not bigger than royal blood and the last year they both played was 2015 so I think catfish are definitely potential co headliners too 

Yeah catfish are huge! And amazing! They’ve sold out bigger gigs than royal blood as well, and even tho this doesn’t mean much, they are pretty huge in the US!! But yeah I defo feel like they could sub headline with royal blood

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

just made this, VERY ROUGH idea but what ya think?? xx

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 18.08.31.png

the hunna are too high, swap them with ATL, vampire weekend are way too low, at least swap them with broco, ratboy too high, and cant see those 3 nme headliners together, would be at least 1 electro or alternative to indie/rock act. Wombats too high, theyd never sub.

Edited by Jack w

2 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Ads by Kiosked

Not a chance The Wombats will be subbing. That'd be an incredibly weak day having Royal Blood, The Wombats and The Hunna as the top 3. All Time Low would probably be a spot higher too. No way Rat Boy will be third main, and Don Broco probably won't be either. Vampire Weekend are at least 1, if not 2 places too low. And you won't have 3 indie bands headlining NME.

Basically, there's not much right with this prediction :lol:

5 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

No way they'd have three similar bands headline NME, Doubt The Kooks will be there at all. Don Broco are a slot too high, Vampire Weekend too low, Cage The Elephant too low, RAT BOY too high, The Wombats will NOT sub and The Hunna are probably a slot or two too high. All Time Low are too low and The Amazons and Fickle Friends are probably both a slot too high. I mean, at least you got headliners realistic and NME Somewhat realistic :) 

Just now, Jayvk said:

No way they'd have three similar bands headline NME, Doubt The Kooks will be there at all. Don Broco are a slot too high, Vampire Weekend too low, Cage The Elephant too low, RAT BOY too high, The Wombats will NOT sub and The Hunna are probably a slot or two too high. All Time Low are too low and The Amazons and Fickle Friends are probably both a slot too high. I mean, at least you got headliners realistic and NME Somewhat realistic :) 

Nah I think the Kooks will be there (they have a new album coming out in like a week) and haven't played in a few years

Just now, Jayvk said:

Cage The Elephant too low

I reckon that's where Cage the Elephant would play tbh, 4th main, NME headliner or NME sub is where I see them most likely. Don't think they'd be as high as 3rd main.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I reckon that's where Cage the Elephant would play tbh, 4th main, NME headliner or NME sub is where I see them most likely. Don't think they'd be as high as 3rd main.

Yeah I've just realised they're 4th. Thought they were put as 5th. Think I was thrown off by Rat Boy being above them haha.

2 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Nah I think the Kooks will be there (they have a new album coming out in like a week) and haven't played in a few years

I can't see it personally, and even if they are, doubt we'd get The Wombats aswell as them.

13 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Ads by Kiosked

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Wombats subbing? @dentalplan

On another note, Friday would be THE weekest r&l day ever if this was the case.

Edited by Jack w

love that the wombats have a bigger logo than Foos on that poster too. really incredible resurge they're having right now. Glastonbury 2019 pyramid headliners if this upwards trajectory continues.

23 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

All Time Low would probably be a spot higher too.

I keep seeing this suggested but IIRC they played fourth while they were headlining arenas, and now they're back down to academy venues and such so I don't get why they'd move up at all.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

we need a space to put ridiculous predictions then provide feedback or bold bands if you want to show them who you like thread.

I think when the main announcement comes, it exposes all the predictions as ridiculous anyway. We were predicting the mighty Blossoms like 5th/6th down for this year. Out of touch or what?!

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Do you really think they're gonna do Tramlines? Like realistically, there is no way Arctivs are gonna be playing at a gig that charges £30 a ticket....

Yes, Tramlines is a homecoming gig for them. 10th anniversary of the festival. Moving sites to Hillsborough this year with up to 50,000. Tickets will go up in price after new year as it's only early bird tier price at the moment.