Lineup 2018

8 minutes ago, craigb said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. I'm saying AM can be booked despite the point people are making about the low ticket price of Tramlines. 

Tramlines has changed for next year. It will be located at Hillsborough. All the main stages will be located there. Tramlines will not sell more than the capacity of the event. The fringe events in the city is a separate entity and not ticketed. 

Someone told me it always sells more tickets than main stage capacity, that's what I was aware of, if not it's my bad I'm sorry,. I know the change so you think everyone who buys a Tramlines ticket would see AM?

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Someone told me it always sells more tickets than main stage capacity, that's what I was aware of, if not it's my bad I'm sorry,. I know the change so you think everyone who buys a Tramlines ticket would see AM?

You will see the headliners. Whether that be AM, or other acts. 

Previous editions of Tramlines will of sold more tickets than the main stage capacity because the stages were spread all around the city including the second stage and folk stage as well as in venues. Not the case this year. All main stages are at Hillsborough and the rest will be fringe events. 

22 minutes ago, craigb said:

Great, my job here is done :lol:. I hope you bought tickets through eFestivals affiliate link

Hahaha, I have been twice before and it's been great. You certainly helped tempt me :P I haven't actually brought the tickets yet, I was just about to then my girlfriend was worried it clashed with something she's doing. I'm buying my ticket regardless, just waiting on her so I can avoid extra booking fee if she does come. I'll make sure to book via the efestivals link.

Edited by CRW5252

On 19/12/2017 at 10:01 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Quick question, how many of you actually want Foo Fighters, Kendrick and RB/Paramore or other co-headliner as the main acts?

I'd be v happy with those headliners. On paper it'd be the best year for me headliner wise since 2014. I could probably rope more than one or two of my pals into grabbing day tickets too if it ended up like that.

Foo Fighters are obviously big enough to do it and have a half dozen decent new songs to play along with the hits. I wouldn't quite go as far as I'm wanting to see them right now, caught them twice in 2017, but I'd be tempted with a decent undercard especially considering their fees for a gig are steep anyway. Put CHVRCHES or summit decent against them on another stage and I'd be torn tho. 

Kendrick Lamar is the headliner I'm really hoping R&L book. Not a chance I'm forking out £110 or whatever his O2 gig cost but am desperate to see him again so would be ideal. I love almost everything he's released and he put on some show in 2015. There was a great crowd too. Shame The Libertines killed the night stone dead straight after. 

Royal Blood have been excellent each time I've seen them and I have no doubt they'd do a good job headlining. I was about to rant about how they need to change up their summer setlist but checking their recent dates they've started to play Look Like You Know and Sleep so I'm down for whichever day they might play. 

Paramore are one of my favourite bands, released one of my favourite albums of the year and did a great job headlining in 2014. I would like them to headline outright but I'm worried that ship might have sailed. Hoping they close Reading this time if they do play tho. 

44 minutes ago, Jack w said:

we'll see when the governors ball lineup comes out, if we have read the clue right and it is green day then i think that makes them very likely for r&l as it shows theyre willing to play festivals between tours/albums.

I think Green Day is most likely for next year (along with maybe MCR? and a 1975/Chance The Rapper coheadline??) But thats mainky cause Id have no clue who the fuck else would play

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think Green Day is most likely for next year (along with maybe MCR? and a 1975/Chance The Rapper coheadline??) But thats mainky cause Id have no clue who the fuck else would play

The 1975 would surely headline outright. I'd say The 1975, Kanye and either Green Day or MCR if they get back together at this point.

7 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I'd be v happy with those headliners. On paper it'd be the best year for me headliner wise since 2014. I could probably rope more than one or two of my pals into grabbing day tickets too if it ended up like that.

Foo Fighters are obviously big enough to do it and have a half dozen decent new songs to play along with the hits. I wouldn't quite go as far as I'm wanting to see them right now, caught them twice in 2017, but I'd be tempted with a decent undercard especially considering their fees for a gig are steep anyway. Put CHVRCHES or summit decent against them on another stage and I'd be torn tho. 

Kendrick Lamar is the headliner I'm really hoping R&L book. Not a chance I'm forking out £110 or whatever his O2 gig cost but am desperate to see him again so would be ideal. I love almost everything he's released and he put on some show in 2015. There was a great crowd too. Shame The Libertines killed the night stone dead straight after. 

Royal Blood have been excellent each time I've seen them and I have no doubt they'd do a good job headlining. I was about to rant about how they need to change up their summer setlist but checking their recent dates they've started to play Look Like You Know and Sleep so I'm down for whichever day they might play. 

Paramore are one of my favourite bands, released one of my favourite albums of the year and did a great job headlining in 2014. I would like them to headline outright but I'm worried that ship might have sailed. Hoping they close Reading this time if they do play tho. 

Agreed with all of this. Royal Blood would be the headliner Im least excited for tbh but thats mainly cause theyve been around a lot recently. Would probably still go and see them unless there was something really good on on the NME

I think its rare anyways to like all the headliners like I would do in 2018. Heck last year I went and the only headliner I saw was Muse....

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The 1975 would surely headline outright. I'd say The 1975, Kanye and either Green Day or MCR if they get back together at this point.

I dunno after the backlash Glasto got when they booked Kanye I feel like R+L may avoid him (which is a shame as he is someone I would love to see just for the ecperience even if I dont love his music).

1975 I dont think would need a coheadline, but I think theyre in a similar situation as Royal Blood this year where they would look far weaker compared to the other 2 acts. Heck chuck Disclosure in there again as the 2nd headliner (as long as it aint Imagine Dragons which I actually think might be quite likely tbh)

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

yeah i agree i think Green Day will most likely play 2019 or 2020, im just clinging on to the hope of seeing them this year bc i'd love to see them for my third time especially at reading ahh

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

19 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The 1975, Arctic Monkeys*, Bring Me The Horizon & Twenty One Pilots**

* I reckon Glastonbury might be eyeing them for 50th anniversary in 2020
** It'll be strange looking back on these and thinking they just subbed NME in 2016. Brace yourselves :lol:

I would urge caution with thinking the trio of Foos, Royal Blood (+Paramore) and Kendrick is a lock tho. The 'NEW V' would do well to nab Kendrick and it'd only take an update from Bring Me The Horizon, Florence + The Machine Green Day or Radiohead and they could well be a new front-runner. IIRC Eminem and Muse weren't discussed until the info drop last December. Plus we tend to be a bit rubbish at predicting what R&L are gonna do anyway. 

:offtopic:It also took us until mid-March of the 2017 thread to hit 172 pages. Welcome to all who've recently joined eFestivals to add to the discussions ^_^.

Edited by JSmurphy

13 minutes ago, Jack w said:

this is very true, tbh I'm kind of hoping that we get at least 1 fairly big surprise that we weren't at all expecting.

It always happens and it will happen this year I think. Probably gonna be someone who does like a one off UK /European show just for r+l or like a band reunion or maybe a legendary band who just never plays reading maybe something like:

Tom De longe rejoins Blink 182

My chemical romance reunion 

Return of rage against the machine 

Rolling stones

Iron maiden 

Stone roses return 

Or, dare I say it, oasis reunion

Just a few outside possibilities.

Edited by R Shah

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

It always happens and it will happen this year I think. Probably gonna be someone who does like a one off UK /European show just for r+l or like a band reunion or maybe a legendary band who just never plays reading maybe something like:

Rolling stones

Stone roses return 

Arth rejoins BearFur.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Rolling stones

Iron maiden 

Stone roses return 

Or, dare I say it, oasis reunion

Smashing Pumpkins reunion, not sure if they would resonate with Reading/Leeds audience nowadays mind. 

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

The 1975, Arctic Monkeys*, Bring Me The Horizon & Twenty One Pilots**

* I reckon Glastonbury might be eyeing them for 50th anniversary in 2020
** It'll be strange looking back on these and thinking they just subbed NME in 2016. Brace yourselves :lol:

I would urge caution with thinking the trio of Foos, Royal Blood (+Paramore) and Kendrick is a lock tho. The 'NEW V' would do well to nab Kendrick and it'd only take an update from Bring Me The Horizon, Florence + The Machine Green Day or Radiohead and they could well be a new front-runner. IIRC Eminem and Muse weren't discussed until the info drop last December. Plus we tend to be a bit rubbish at predicting what R&L are gonna do anyway. 

:offtopic:It also took us until mid-March of the 2017 thread to hit 172 pages. Welcome to all who've recently joined eFestivals to add to the discussions ^_^.

BMTH surely would be more likely to solo headline than the 1975...

Also, given that Eminem is heavily rumoured for Sziget this year (which is the weekend before V). I wouldnt be suprised if he does the new V. I doubt they'll wanna do 2 rap headlines there.

Imo i think Drake will end up at Wireless, Kendrick at R&L and Kanye will just tour (at least to me those are the 4 BIG rappers atm...)

Also, Swedish House Mafia seem to be getting ready for a comeback (just deleted everything on twitter, Angello started following Axwell & Ingrosso again etc.). They would be a pretty decent sub imo, maybe under Kendrick? Just not sure wether they would just do Creamfields instead of R+L...

17 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Searched on Twitter and found one fan page with 125 followers saying the first date is rumoured to be announced tomorrow... Who else is saying it? Would be an odd time to announce it tbh.

Don’t know about Twitter, but check fb and insta

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Wait. Is Will now called @Gucci Piggy :lol: ? 

Yeah changed it cos everyone I know in real life knows I'm called Will-2609 on everything and I've had too many occasions of people randomly googling things about festivals and ending up on threads I've been posting in. I've been Gucci Piggy for a couple of weeks now :P