Lineup 2018

8 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

It will be more like

Friday: Royal Blood - Paramore sub - The 1975 - Wolf Alice

Saturday: Foo Fighters - Enter Shikari sub - The Wombats - N*E*R*D

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar - Stormzy sub - Nothing but Thieves - J Hus

NME: F-Pixies, S-Post Malone, S-Tame Impala

ye what

paramore won't be subbing no one, they'll be coheadlining at the very least or they won't be playing at all. The 1975 almost deffs won't be there next year and if they are they'll be at least coheadline status by now. Wolf Alice are too low too. Enter Shikari won't sub. Tame Impala are surely bigger than NME headliners now too, but doubt they'll be there next year anyway.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

6 minutes ago, craigb said:

Yes, Tramlines is a homecoming gig for them. 10th anniversary of the festival. Moving sites to Hillsborough this year with up to 50,000. Tickets will go up in price after new year as it's only early bird tier price at the moment. 

Even if it were just a Arctic Monkeys gig that would be insane value though... It's a homecoming gig, but given the time of year it's unlikely to be a comeback gig. I doubt they'd drop the ticket price by like half given that they are just playing in Sheffield.

Yes the capacity would be huge, but I doubt they'd be able to afford just £30 a ticket for Arcitcs. Heck, even £60 to just see Arctics would be believable imo, and they're expecting to also be able to afford other acts too? IMO Arctics would be more likely just to do a show at the Arena in sheff than do Tramlines...

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

It will be more like

Friday: Royal Blood - Paramore sub - The 1975 - Wolf Alice

Saturday: Foo Fighters - Enter Shikari sub - The Wombats - N*E*R*D

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar - Stormzy sub - Nothing but Thieves - J Hus

NME: F-Pixies, S-Post Malone, S-Tame Impala

It was only when I got to Saturday that I realised this wasn't a joke...

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Even if it were just a Arctic Monkeys gig that would be insane value though... It's a homecoming gig, but given the time of year it's unlikely to be a comeback gig. I doubt they'd drop the ticket price by like half given that they are just playing in Sheffield.

Yes the capacity would be huge, but I doubt they'd be able to afford just £30 a ticket for Arcitcs. Heck, even £60 to just see Arctics would be believable imo, and they're expecting to also be able to afford other acts too? IMO Arctics would be more likely just to do a show at the Arena in sheff than do Tramlines...

Within a few tiers the ticket price will probably be £55+ . Last year the prices went up to £48 + bf. There are never masses of these early bird and tier 1 tickets for festivals. 

Tramlines may well of pulled off a blinder here. I'm not sure about them more likely doing the arena. Band members have had various ties to the festival in the past. They may well do it for nostalgia. They toured the world for years with the Sheffield area code on their drum kit.  

TRNSMT, Tramlines, some euro festivals, o2/wembley. A winter world tour. Then Glasto or R/L the year after. Doesn't sound too out there to me. 

Edited by craigb

25 minutes ago, craigb said:

Within a few tiers the ticket price will probably be £55+ . Last year the prices went up to £48 + bf. There are never masses of these early bird and tier 1 tickets for festivals. 

Tramlines may well of pulled off a blinder here. I'm not sure about them more likely doing the arena. Band members have had various ties to the festival in the past. They may well do it for nostalgia. They toured the world for years with the Sheffield area code on their drum kit.  

TRNSMT, Tramlines, some euro festivals, o2/wembley. A winter world tour. Then Glasto or R/L the year after. Doesn't sound too out there to me. 

But what Im getting at is £58 for a ticket would make sense if it was just a AM gig still. For AM and a decent undercard theyd have to go up to like £70 ish to make it worth at least surely, which seems kinda insane for Tramlines...

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

But what Im getting at is £58 for a ticket would make sense if it was just a AM gig still. For AM and a decent undercard theyd have to go up to like £70 ish to make it worth at least surely, which seems kinda insane for Tramlines...

Tramlines hasnt made a profit for years. Why change that now :lol:

who says AM has to take their normal fee? Going back to the nostalgia factor. Undercard maybe poor. 

I don't think you can rule them out based on current ticket prices. 

Tramlines could well be heading for a buyout soon

Edited by craigb

54 minutes ago, craigb said:

Tramlines hasnt made a profit for years. Why change that now :lol:

who says AM has to take their normal fee? Going back to the nostalgia factor. Undercard maybe poor. 

I don't think you can rule them out based on current ticket prices. 

Tramlines could well be heading for a buyout soon

Do realise more tickets are sold than allocation of acts, your buying to have a chance of admission and if more than 50,000 buy tickets they could make it back. Its not a guarantee you are seeing a certain band. Turning up early is the key. Don't agree personally so its not going to be losing money if they are announced.

With all this talk of Arctic Monkeys headlining I have gone and got myself an early bird ticket. If there is even a chance I can see Arctic Monkeys among others for just £30 then it seems silly not to. Especially considering I'll get free accommodation as I used to go Uni there so I have people to stay with. 

Just now, Jack w said:

only other likely band that comes even close to those 2 is Green Day.

The thing is green day took 6 months to sell out their Hyde park gig which has 65,000 capacity, whereas foo fighters sold out two shows at the Olympic stadium (80,000) in 4 hours. Are green day really that close? 

Just now, R Shah said:

The thing is green day took 6 months to sell out their Hyde park gig which has 65,000 capacity, whereas foo fighters sold out two shows at the Olympic stadium (80,000) in 4 hours. Are green day really that close? 

yeah they aren't close but i think they're the closest rock band that is remotely likely for r&l this year after those 2

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Is there any rock/indie band who are on the same level as foo fighters and arctics monkeys right now and could be booked as the huge headliner?

Maybe Radiohead or The Cure, the former more so.

Edit: Green day is also a good shout.

Edited by CRW5252

56 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Do realise more tickets are sold than allocation of acts, your buying to have a chance of admission and if more than 50,000 buy tickets they could make it back. Its not a guarantee you are seeing a certain band. Turning up early is the key. Don't agree personally so its not going to be losing money if they are announced.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. I'm saying AM can be booked despite the point people are making about the low ticket price of Tramlines. 

Tramlines has changed for next year. It will be located at Hillsborough. All the main stages will be located there. Tramlines will not sell more than the capacity of the event. The fringe events in the city is a separate entity and not ticketed. 

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

With all this talk of Arctic Monkeys headlining I have gone and got myself an early bird ticket. If there is even a chance I can see Arctic Monkeys among others for just £30 then it seems silly not to. Especially considering I'll get free accommodation as I used to go Uni there so I have people to stay with. 

Great, my job here is done :lol:. I hope you bought tickets through eFestivals affiliate link