Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

Gave up on typing my reply once 3 notifications had come in all covering pretty much exactly what I was about to say lol, at least we are active ;)

welcome to efests and enjoy reading it’s a great festival. Also if you’re going for the whole time get Earlybird tickets if you want a close ish camping spot!

Yeah I already did, so Im going to be there from wednesday ;)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Hey everyone!

Been reading along and wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about a first announcement? I really want Foo Fighters there out of anyone! So if FF are there, im going! PRAY!!

Cheers

We are waiting a lot longer than normal for the announcement but the best we can do is guess that they’re either changing the way that they announce the acts (eg. If they want to announce more acts in one go). Or they’re just delaying the process by a month or so.

Also, It is likely that Foos will be the first headliner announced but if they're not we are pretty set on the fact that they will be playing so you should be fine. Enjoy the fest :)

47 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Hey everyone!

Been reading along and wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about a first announcement? I really want Foo Fighters there out of anyone! So if FF are there, im going! PRAY!!

Cheers

So for the last 3 years it's been first week of December but this year it's been delayed for some unknown reason. I want foo fighters as much as you - they've got a very good chance of being there its gonna be them or arctics as the bigger band probably 

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

So for the last 3 years it's been first week of December but this year it's been delayed for some unknown reason. I want foo fighters as much as you - they've got a very good chance of being there its gonna be them or arctics as the bigger band probably 

7 minutes ago, Jack w said:

We are waiting a lot longer than normal for the announcement but the best we can do is guess that they’re either changing the way that they announce the acts (eg. If they want to announce more acts in one go). Or they’re just delaying the process by a month or so.

Also, It is likely that Foos will be the first headliner announced but if they're not we are pretty set on the fact that they will be playing so you should be fine. Enjoy the fest :)

Thank you, both! Yeah, i was thinking they may announce the same as IOW with releasing all the headliners in one go? Have to wait and see I guess! Going off subject a bit, did you see the Gallagher brothers reached out and are now good apparently! Oasis for Glasto 2019 haha! One can dream :) 

4 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Thank you, both! Yeah, i was thinking they may announce the same as IOW with releasing all the headliners in one go? Have to wait and see I guess! Going off subject a bit, did you see the Gallagher brothers reached out and are now good apparently! Oasis for Glasto 2019 haha! One can dream :) 

Yeah I saw that and I went crazy I think liams just messing everybody around haha ngl i was never a fan of liam until his solo album which blew me away - I'm defo gonna try and catch him on his next tour. I just realised how much of an idiot I was for not buying a day ticket to see him AND muse this year at reading.

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Yeah I saw that and I went crazy I think liams just messing everybody around haha ngl i was never a fan of liam until his solo album which blew me away - I'm defo gonna try and catch him on his next tour. I just realised how much of an idiot I was for not buying a day ticket to see him AND muse this year at reading.

Yeah, he was pretty awesome at reading this year and then Muse just blew the stage! They won the weekend in my eyes! But I'm seeing Liam again at IOW but I would obviously prefer Oasis but never in a million years :(

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Changes in how they announce are likely, as they've changed PR firm for the announcements.

Interesting to see how drastic these changes will be. I have been thinking for the last few years that their announcement style could do with a shake up. The immediate reaction on social media to the fest's first and second announcements are usually, at best, mixed. I don't know how much too read into that observation, or what effect staggered announcements have on ticket sales, but I wonder if R&L might return to having a larger 'line-up reveal' type announcement like they've had in the past, containing all three headliners and a decent chuck on the undercard?

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Interesting to see how drastic these changes will be. 

who knows. There's only limited ways to announce bands ... but last time the firm changed, it changed from a big first announcement in March to individual headliners from before xmas.

7 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

The immediate reaction on social media to the fest's first and second announcements are usually, at best, mixed.

that's the nature of the crowd it attracts, and not really about the announcement.

The same "the announcement is shit" thing was being said at my school when I was 15 - in about 1980! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Aech said:

Line up coming early 2018

Oh my god they’ve finally said something. My only concern is early 2018 could mean first week of January or like mid March :( I’d rather a small announcement in jan than a big one in March, I just want to see a few acts that I can know will deffo be there.

2 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Oh my god they’ve finally said something. My only concern is early 2018 could mean first week of January or like mid March :( I’d rather a small announcement in jan than a big one in March, I just want to see a few acts that I can know will deffo be there.

nah surely that means early January, they won't be hyping up an announcement that's still 3 months away

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Hopefully this may allow for more acts to be announced rather than the usual 10 for a first announcement. Feel like that'd go down a lot better imo as I remember last year I was so disappointed by the 1st one it ruined the hype of the next one for me, by having more acts there's more chance of acts i want to see which will have a more positive affect on the next announcement for me, dunno if other people agree.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Hopefully this may allow for more acts to be announced rather than the usual 10 for a first announcement. Feel like that'd go down a lot better imo as I remember last year I was so disappointed by the 1st one it ruined the hype of the next one for me, by having more acts there's more chance of acts i want to see which will have a more positive affect on the next announcement for me, dunno if other people agree.

i agree, the first 3 announcements always seem fairly weak as they announce such a small amount of acts but like such a variety that its hard to make look good therefore it looks disappointing to me.  3 announcements with 1 headliner but with many more smaller acts would be far better.

I think it wastes the excitement too quickly if they do more than 1 headliner as we have no information then pretty much all of it with no more excitement,  but the usual small announcements look disappointing so 1 headliner and far more acts per announcement would surely be their best option?

Edited by Jack w

Just now, Jack w said:

I think it wastes the excitement too quickly if they do more than 1 headliner as we have no information then pretty much all of it with no more excitement,  but the usual small announcements look disappointing so 1 headliner and far more acts per announcement would surely be their best option?

True, but also the majority of R&L attendees don't speculate nearly as much as us here in this forum. Announcing all 3 headliners just means we can't discuss and predict as much, where as from a ticket selling point of view it probably doesn't make much difference overall which method they do it.

Tbh, I agree with Matty in that I'd rather see the whole lineup poster released at once, but I'm nowhere near as interested in the festival as I was 2 or 3 years ago and probably wouldn't have said the same back then. I guess the difference is back then I knew I was pretty much going to the fest before any announcement and so it was exciting for me to find out who I'll have the chance to see over the weekend, where as nowadays I'd probably only go if it had a really strong lineup, and the best way to find that out is if they announce the whole thing at once.

Either way though, I don't think it will effect too much in the grand scheme of things whichever way they do it.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

True, but also the majority of R&L attendees don't speculate nearly as much as us here in this forum. Announcing all 3 headliners just means we can't discuss and predict as much, where as from a ticket selling point of view it probably doesn't make much difference overall which method they do it.

Tbh, I agree with Matty in that I'd rather see the whole lineup poster released at once, but I'm nowhere near as interested in the festival as I was 2 or 3 years ago and probably wouldn't have said the same back then. I guess the difference is back then I knew I was pretty much going to the fest before any announcement and so it was exciting for me to find out who I'll have the chance to see over the weekend, where as nowadays I'd probably only go if it had a really strong lineup, and the best way to find that out is if they announce the whole thing at once.

Either way though, I don't think it will effect too much in the grand scheme of things whichever way they do it.

yeah agreed, i probably mainly feel that way because it will only be my 2nd time, i know I'm going and I love all the hype hahah.

Edited by Jack w