Shangri-La Lineup!

NoBallGames

The que for LBHQ was pretty much solely responsible for the crushes at the back/footpaths through Shangri-la.

Can't wait to see what theve done with the micro venues this year, hope they improve Heaven aswell wain't upto much last year.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bradders said:

But if they're gonna keep pushing the fallow years back - potentially 2019 now - maybe they need to change things up more frequently? A lot of people seem bored of the current incarnation now.

It also depends the extent to which they're involved with the fallow-year festival, I'd imagine. Might not be any point for them waiting as they won't have a 'year off' regardless.

10 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

this was LBHQ last year, not sure if they closed the roof part at any point

lbhq.jpg

Oh yeeeeh i know this place. I ended up there at about 6am on the Saturday morning. No idea where i was, what i was doing or who was on stage... good times.

South East corner continuing to ignore a whole genre of dance music (trance/ progressive house) and bang out DnB/ bass music in every corner. Someone have a word. I actually like DnB but am sick of hearing it everywhere. BE great to walk around the corner and actually something a bit different.

Edited by danbailey80

13 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

South East corner continuing to ignore a whole genre of dance music (trance/ progressive house) and bang out DnB/ bass music in every corner. Someone have a word. I actually like DnB but am sick of hearing it everywhere. BE great to walk around the corner and actually something a bit different.

There's plenty of electro-swing.....

15 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'd say the LBHQ lineup is pretty house-orientated, isn't it? Seth Troxler, Martinez Brothers, Jamie Jones...

I tell you what, Roni Size has gone a very long way on very fucking little. Brown Paper Bag etc were all 20+ years ago and he's still hauling his arse around living off it. Basically the Wonderstuff/Charlatans of d&b

2 hours ago, saintfletch said:

Does this place usually have the walls lined with mats that have loads of shot gun shells in them? Or have I got the wrong place entirely?

Aye, that's the one! I'm sure when I was in there on Sunday it had a roof over it. However, I was very, very under the influence...

5 hours ago, MikeJ86 said:

Was LBHQ not an indoor area to the right of the Heaven stage? I thought the only outdoor stages in Shangri-la were Heaven and Hell? 

Sorry, shoulda' specified - I meant Shangri-Heaven had basically got rid of the queuing to get in thing, and been replaced with an open air stage. LBHQ is definitely an indoor venue.

56 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I tell you what, Roni Size has gone a very long way on very fucking little. Brown Paper Bag etc were all 20+ years ago and he's still hauling his arse around living off it. Basically the Wonderstuff/Charlatans of d&b

plus he can't mix for shit

This might be helpful to someone, I've gone through the Shangri-La lineup and picked out stuff I think I might be interested in as a non-electronic-music liker:

Adapt, Baghdaddies, Caravan Palace, Carnival Collective, Correspondents, Cut Capers, Fable, Fat 45, Kate Tempest, Lazy Habits, Los de Abajo, New York Brass Band, Reef, Renegade Brass Band, Ruby Throat, Shibusa Shirazu, The Apples, Vibration lab

Bigger list than I was expecting tbh. Hopefully I can go through and listen to a bunch of them before the glade lineup drops

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

You are massively mistaken if the only contribution you think Roni had to dnb was brown paper bag

Totally ignore the fact that he owned and ran one of the most prolific dnb labels in history, and providing to be a launchpad for some of the biggest names, pretty much establishing the whole "live" dnb dance and also winning a mercury prize for New forms

1 hour ago, FatAmmy said:

This might be helpful to someone, I've gone through the Shangri-La lineup and picked out stuff I think I might be interested in as a non-electronic-music liker:

Adapt, Baghdaddies, Caravan Palace, Carnival Collective, Correspondents, Cut Capers, Fable, Fat 45, Kate Tempest, Lazy Habits, Los de Abajo, New York Brass Band, Reef, Renegade Brass Band, Ruby Throat, Shibusa Shirazu, The Apples, Vibration lab

Bigger list than I was expecting tbh. Hopefully I can go through and listen to a bunch of them before the glade lineup drops

Cheers for this. I'll have to remember to see Correspondents, they are brilliant live 

20 minutes ago, H_D said:

You are massively mistaken if the only contribution you think Roni had to dnb was brown paper bag

Totally ignore the fact that he owned and ran one of the most prolific dnb labels in history, and providing to be a launchpad for some of the biggest names, pretty much establishing the whole "live" dnb dance and also winning a mercury prize for New forms

I remember it well, but in the last 10 years? 

I missed all of these little venues last year. I thought Shangri La was just Heaven and Hell. The previous times I've been to Glasto was 09/10 so a different layout.

I hope they improve the sound at heaven this year. It was awful last year. Hell was ok for the Essential Mix.

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I remember it well, but in the last 10 years? 

Pretty sure he released an album a few years ago, brought back represent and his live band, & is re-launching full cycle including full digital back cat and forthcoming material

but back to the original point, he has done a lot more than brown paper bag....