new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi all, recently joined efests, although been an avid fan for many years. Got 2023 tickets with a big group of pals, been a few times before - 2016 and 2017 but failed to get them the following years. Looking to expand my knowledge of the festival and find some good tips. Hoping for an exciting line up soon. Nice to meet you all x

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog29 said:

Hi all, recently joined efests, although been an avid fan for many years. Got 2023 tickets with a big group of pals, been a few times before - 2016 and 2017 but failed to get them the following years. Looking to expand my knowledge of the festival and find some good tips. Hoping for an exciting line up soon. Nice to meet you all x

Welcome … we should get something fairly soon … but your guess is probably as good as any 😀

1 hour ago, MadDog29 said:

34 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

New to the forum. First Glasto in 2023, alone😬

Welcome both 😊

Big hat off to first timer in the solo crew 😉

Evening all, 

I'm Matt, this year will be my fifth Glastonbury having previously gone in 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022. 

Felt the time was right to take the plunge and get an account, at the festival I'm mostly found floating by the Other stage, Park and Pyramid by day. As for the night time it's a complete lottery.

I'm absolutely buzzing with the line up (despite its criticism) and can't wait to see who gets added. Hoping to see Black Keys, QOTSA and a few others added. 

• Upvote 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm Paul, New here, been to a few festivals now but this year will be my first at Glastonbury, have been trying for 5 years for a ticket and finally managed. Travelling from Fife, Scotland. 

Very much looking forward to it.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

welcome back 🙂 .... perfect time to be rejoining .... presume you have tickets ? 

Thanks. Funny enough I don't have tickets for this year, yet. Not sure if I will try in the re-sale or not tbh. Still enjoy chatting about Glastonbury even if not going though.

On 3/10/2023 at 2:44 PM, Essex_George said:

Thanks. Funny enough I don't have tickets for this year, yet. Not sure if I will try in the re-sale or not tbh. Still enjoy chatting about Glastonbury even if not going though.

Hey George! 

image.png.6515e0e13830351ee6d23f45d419beeb.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started lurking back in 2019 when I managed to get tickets for 2020 (2022!)... It was my first festival and the only regret is how fast those 5 days went.

Didn't manage to secure tickets in the main sale but hoping for the resale. 

Thanks to those giving advice and tips etc - really helped me with planning last year and we had a really smooth festival!

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, megan140695 said:

hi everyone! I'm Meg 👋 new to this site and to glastonbury this year. second festival ive been to went to bearded last year and enjoyed that! any tips for a newbie to glasto? 

Prepare yourself for it to be much bigger than you can imagine - about 20 times the size of Bearded and because it's more spread out even that doesn't do it justice - and so you're going to have to walk substantially more.

On that basis, the best recommendation I can give you is to not plan too much. Identify a few must sees each day that you're going to aim for, ideally with decent sized gaps between them, and a whole load of "maybes" that you might hit if you're in the area - and assume you won't get to many of the maybes or even all of the must sees. You're going to want to explore a lot and tbh you may well find yourself half an hours walk from one of your must sees and think "nah, I can't be arsed walking all the way over there so I'll watch this random bloke playing a theremin instead".

On a similar note, don't worry about the fact that you literally can't do or see it all. Nobody can, and it's a fools errand to even try.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, megan140695 said:

hi everyone! I'm Meg 👋 new to this site and to glastonbury this year. second festival ive been to went to bearded last year and enjoyed that! any tips for a newbie to glasto? 

Welcome to the site and congratulations on getting a ticket. 

There are lots of tip threads...but I can't spot any atm I'm afraid

• Like 1

8 hours ago, megan140695 said:

Look at glastoearth  Torts glastonbury guide.  It  is brilliant for newbies and anyone looking for info. Campsites, what to see,, advice, it’s all there. Welcome!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, I'm Nick. Ludicrously old (in my 60s) to be thinking about Glastonbury, but keen to give it a go while my body still vaguely works.  I'm here to hunt around for any idiot's guide to how it all works - everything on the official site feels like joining an existing conversation, and I don't have the context to understand it.

Edited by Nick_

Followed the site for years before even making an account, finally decided to post today! Buzzing for our first time at Glasto this year. Have been a R&L attendee for the past few years so feel like we’ve finally graduated 🤣 Bit too old for that scene now even though we’ve always had a class time. Gutted friends missed out in the resale so only 3 of us with tickets but still in for a cracking week