Whilst I was really looking forward to this year, I'm not even sure I'd be comfortable going to a festival in July tbh as this virus will be around for a while yet and festivals aren't the most hygienic places!! 

Even Bearded being moved to Sept is making me a bit nervous but I'm trying to remain positive :( 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me that is now a no brainer. Take the kids, they will love it, and trust me you will enjoy it even more, even though you may miss a few bands you would have seen on your own (Vitallic and Soulwax

Tune in from 7:40 announcement at 9 you brummie left wing spaz .ha ha 

No chance they’re announcing a nonce.  Let alone an absolutely irrelevant nonce.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, JBarbour said:

WOMAD was told that they will not be allowed to hold this year festival, it got taken out of the organisers hands it would seem. It could be the case that local authorities have a big role to play in pushing early cancellations.  It will also be unlikely any event will receive support from local police and medical teams/facilities for festival sites, so councils will be forced to revoke licences even if there is relaxed restrictions this summer. 

That seems like a fair assumption 👍

Bluedot has just confirmed via email that festival will be postponed to next year with all 3 headliners confirmed - it was inevitable tbh and I feel a bit better that they are doing this

1 hour ago, LowFatIeuanaise said:

Huge relief that we're getting the same headliners. Very impressed with the fest organisers for that

Agreed. But will the three bands honour that though? Imagine it’s a pretty soft commitment at this stage.

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Agreed. But will the three bands honour that though? Imagine it’s a pretty soft commitment at this stage.

I have no idea about the workings of festival politics but I would imagine Bluedot wouldn't say they were unless it was contractually confirmed. Otherwise it would be false advertising no?

17 minutes ago, LowFatIeuanaise said:

I have no idea about the workings of festival politics but I would imagine Bluedot wouldn't say they were unless it was contractually confirmed. Otherwise it would be false advertising no?

It might suit both sides for it not to be contractually confirmed. Bluedot doesn't want to commit money, the bands don't want to commit to the tour.

Don't see it as false advertising. They can always swap out with a band of equal statute and would be a few grumblings but life would move on.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, xxialac said:

It might suit both sides for it not to be contractually confirmed. Bluedot doesn't want to commit money, the bands don't want to commit to the tour.

Don't see it as false advertising. They can always swap out with a band of equal statute and would be a few grumblings but life would move on

Fair points. Probably soft committments made in very good faith. Let's hope it works out

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Now looking to attend next year, all the payment plan information is wrong (dates, amounts, number of payments).

How is it wrong? I signed up for the 14 month payment plan so now your post has me worried that I've overlooked something

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How is it wrong? I signed up for the 14 month payment plan so now your post has me worried that I've overlooked something

So the Thursday entry is changing 3.54 a month for 14 months, but if you buy straight up it’s £31.90. 

same story for each extra that is listed. Now it might be that the monthly is cheaper but it doesn’t say that on any of the information so it’s a bit misleading. 

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

So the Thursday entry is changing 3.54 a month for 14 months, but if you buy straight up it’s £31.90. 

same story for each extra that is listed. Now it might be that the monthly is cheaper but it doesn’t say that on any of the information so it’s a bit misleading. 

Adult Weekend+Thursday ticket (with postage) is £211.60 normally. Via the payment plan, the total is £216.86.

So I'm not sure what the issue is? Usually always costs a little bit more when you use a payment plan, but the difference there is insignificant

34 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Adult Weekend+Thursday ticket (with postage) is £211.60 normally. Via the payment plan, the total is £216.86.

Weekend ticket is £20 + (12.31 * 13) is 180

thursday ticket is 14 * 3.54 is £49.56

making a total of £230

13 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Weekend ticket is £20 + (12.31 * 13) is 180

thursday ticket is 14 * 3.54 is £49.56

making a total of £230

The first payment is more. For weekend+Thursday the initial payment is £28.49 (includes postage), and then you pay £14.49pm for the remaining 13 months. Making a total of £216.86

Edited by Gilgamesh69
16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The first payment is more. For weekend+Thursday the initial payment is £28.49 (includes postage), and then you pay £14.49pm for the remaining 13 months. Making a total of £216.86

Ahh right they have put the information about the lower per month cost for the main ticket, but not put that about any of the add-ons. 

it’s hard to judge what the per month price will be until you are checking out. 

Only just received email from Ticketline about date change and refunds. I'm happy to keep tickets for next year, but if you did want to refund sending an email late on a Wednesday and saying the deadline is the next day is a bit bad of Ticketline. Especially as they are saying it would be 90 days for them to refund

image.png.bd95af53fc9fc840530c4a076e7c747c.png

So anyone wanting refunds be aware deadline date is tomorrow Thursday 23rd April

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wanderlei said:

I claimed my refund straight away and it hasn't gone through yet. Starting to worry a bit...

Hi...... I read somewhere (I think from the Ticket company) that it was going to take 3 months (no idea why that long).......

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...