Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

Yeah I think if we do go then I'll go for the Thursday option, not so much to get a good camping spot (really mot arsed about that as long as we are on site somewhere) but to be there from the start of Friday and have three full days at the thing. Are there talks/music etc on the Thursday, or just the headliner? I think we'd use the day really for settling in and having a wander.

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Played last year.

Doesn’t rule him out, especially as it’s a completely different show. Chic played Bestival three years in a row!  It could be someone like Max Richter, but I don’t know why that wouldn’t just be announced now, and I can’t see them going down the Hacienda Classical/Pete Toby Orchestra route, personally.

22 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Whenever I've been I was under the impression there weren't really any bad camping spots. 

However last year there were reports of people on Friday afternoon struggling to find space to camp and I think they had to sort some kind of overflow option. So it might be worth the Thursday ticket price if you're coming from afar and would like that guarantee. 

Need to decide if I'm gonna go again this year. Line up is one of the better ones out there but I'm not particularly arsed about Groove Armada and Bjork will almost certainly be more of a chin stroking event. Undercard is v good but its annoying that they congregate all the good stuff within 3-4 hours of the evening and leave the rest of the day looking pretty bare. 

Given the quality and range of the undercard, there’s clearly gonna be great music scattered throughout the day this year

2 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Given the quality and range of the undercard, there’s clearly gonna be great music scattered throughout the day this year

Not to mention there were some true gems early in the day last year despite the names being less prominent.

It's certainly not Bluedot without Henge and their set provided the most unmissable party of the weekend

1 minute ago, JimiC999 said:

Apologies for contributing to the many questions, but is there much to do at Blue Dot after the headliners have finished? Does it run late?

Thanks

I'd say the music runs until around 1/2am. Then they had some film screenings that began at 3 if I recall correctly.

Not exactly party central at evenings but it goes on after the headliners for sure

I'm really happy with that 1st drop tbh, as Metronomy and Bjork were 2 of my picks on the questionnaire thingie they send out :)

Looks like some great after hours stuff and science - Tim Peake!! Hitchhikers guide live, oooh soo excited already but just need a bit of cash to buy tickets and we're all good! 

We're looking at coming from Dublin for this.  Hope someone can advise...   Is the best way to get from Manchest Airport to the festival likely to be by taxi? On the return is it possible to book a pickup at the festival to go to the airport?  Has there ever been any trouble with traffic exiting the site? Thanks!

On 2/11/2020 at 6:01 PM, eFestivals said:

There's an act on there that I once suggested to the bluedot booker after seeing them at a fest where i thought they were great, and said something about them not appearing at many festivals.

No huge shakes, but I'm surprised they don't get booked by more festivals more often.

So Neil, who was it?! I am guessing Holy F...? Spiritualized maybe?

9 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

So Neil, who was it?! I am guessing Holy F...? Spiritualized maybe?

!!! (chk chk chk).

I've seen them a couple of times at festivals, about 10 years apart. First time I didn't enjoy cos the sound was dreadful, but saw them a few years ago at WOMAD and they were superb.

Strangely they don't appear on many festival bills.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

!!! (chk chk chk).

I've seen them a couple of times at festivals, about 10 years apart. First time I didn't enjoy cos the sound was dreadful, but saw them a few years ago at WOMAD and they were superb.

They are brilliant. Always said that the daft name has definitely had a hinderence on their career. I thought !!! were a death metal band until I stumbled across them at a festival. 

Sinkane on the bill as well who are also ace. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

!!! (chk chk chk).

They appear on a normal percentage of festival bills I'd say, and an appropriate % of UK ones too, given that they are American.

They don't seem to like doing long tours in general which is why they don't play a lot of festivals.