eastynh

Blue Dot Festival

19 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

That was the show last year, so I imagine its leftover copy by they updated the date. 

Yeah I did wonder that, but the fact they'd updated the date made me second-guess it. You're probably right, though. 

Wasn't able to see the Halle last time as I was graduating. However, I feel they would have already been announced if they were playing so I'm expecting something different. 

The dream for me would be Public Service Broadcasting with orchestral backing. Was still very surprised not to see them at the Moon Landing celebrations even though they played the previous year

Could the co-ordinates tweet suggest British Sea Power may perform with an orchestra behind them? Is that something they're likely to do?

Edited by LowFatIeuanaise

17 minutes ago, LowFatIeuanaise said:

Wasn't able to see the Halle last time as I was graduating. However, I feel they would have already been announced if they were playing so I'm expecting something different. 

The dream for me would be Public Service Broadcasting with orchestral backing. Was still very surprised not to see them at the Moon Landing celebrations even though they played the previous year

Could the co-ordinates tweet suggest British Sea Power may perform with an orchestra behind them? Is that something they're likely to do?

That would be awesome if PSB did it. But it's quite a while since their space album now (they were performing tracks from it at the 2016 festival).

59 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That would be awesome if PSB did it. But it's quite a while since their space album now (they were performing tracks from it at the 2016 festival).

True, I would imagine it to be a regular set (with maybe one or two extra from Race for Space) with a big ol' backing band

2 minutes ago, LowFatIeuanaise said:

True, I would imagine it to be a regular set (with maybe one or two extra from Race for Space) with a big ol' backing band

Would be lush. We went to see their Race for Space prom last summer actually, which was performed that way, so it's not that long ago... they did the album from start to finish. It was great, but the acoustics of the Royal Albert Hall meant you couldn't really hear the samples at the top where we were, which was a real shame. 

Does anyone know if the capacity is increasing from 21K last year, to the now permitted 25K? Last year was very busy, not helped by the terrible weather and pretty awful organisation. The Lovell Stage also has never employed large screens on either side of the stage, making it just about impossible to see the performers if you're trying to avoid the crush and standing further back than the mixing desk tent. I might have hoped they'd rectify that this year but I've yet to see any acknowledgement from the organisers that they've learned from any of the feedback. Also for other folk posting here who haven't been before, other festival-goers reported the parking and exiting from the site was atrocious, especially on the Sunday night, as fields turned into mud, and with no stewards to facilitate matters or direct traffic. Probably be the same this year as I'd guess Bjork's set will attract the largest crowd.

I felt sorry for the groundsmen at Jodrell Bank, turning up on Monday to see how much of their park had been trashed. 

4 hours ago, LowFatIeuanaise said:

They did the whole Sea of Brass tour with a full brass band, so it's not out of the question as something they could do.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

They did the whole Sea of Brass tour with a full brass band, so it's not out of the question as something they could do.

Don't really know much about them but I've seen some of the venue's they've played at it seems like there's no such thing as ordinary with them

The tunes I've heard I like so I'd more than take it

7 minutes ago, LowFatIeuanaise said:

Don't really know much about them but I've seen some of the venue's they've played at it seems like there's no such thing as ordinary with them

The tunes I've heard I like so I'd more than take it

They are one of the most stunning, boundary pushing, and throughly exhilarating live acts in the world.  I've seen them dozens of times, more than any other band (but made easier by the fact I live in Brighton), and they really are worth any effort it takes to see them.

23 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

So they ARE playing on the Sunday and they ARE playing on the Orbit stage but they won't clash with Bjork.

Does that seem about right?

Looks like it.They must have messed up with the previous tweet..

Damon Albarn is doing some orchestral shows in Icelandic. Would be good at Bluedot particulary with Bjork been there but don't know what the chances are.

5 hours ago, dabber7 said:

So they ARE playing on the Sunday and they ARE playing on the Orbit stage but they won't clash with Bjork.

Does that seem about right?

I imagine they'll be on just before Bjork 

What sort of setlist do we think Bjork will play? I'm tempted by this but I don't want to commit if the setlist is likely to just be Utopia in full, I've tried & tried but I can't get into that album. 

32 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

What sort of setlist do we think Bjork will play? I'm tempted by this but I don't want to commit if the setlist is likely to just be Utopia in full, I've tried & tried but I can't get into that album. 

The orchestral element means she'll hopefully have to tap into her earlier discography. I'm imagining joga and hunter will be on the set as well as Isobel and if we're really lucky (I highly highly doubt it) she'll do it's oh so quiet

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Thing is, it says "all arrangements by Bjork" so that's kinda making me wonder if it'll be all new/original pieces. I mean come on now, if anyone was going to do a set and play songs that nobody has heard before, it would be Bjork