New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

5 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I'm going for a 3 man just for myself.

3 man or 2 both ok for one person we have them both. 3 man takes a double airbed with room still then you have your two porches :D 2 man has plenty of room just like the 3 man but with a single airbed you still have room to spare again with two porches.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/air-seconds-xl-3p-freshblack-id_8384157.html

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/air-seconds-xl-2p-freshblack-id_8384158.html

Yeah I used a 2 man last year but any more rain than we had last year and ill get soaked so I'm buying a new one. Those air ones look cool but they are a bit too large when folded plus you need a pump. I have to fit everything for the week into a 20ltr rucksack so space is a bit tight. I think I'll go for the normal one with poles. It's half the price too.

Has anyone been to Decathlon in the past few weeks, and if so have they put their big summer tent/camping display up yet?

I've been holding off on a visit until after Easter as the local one on the wrong side of town to me, but might nip up after work if they've got everything on full display now.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Has anyone been to Decathlon in the past few weeks, and if so have they put their big summer tent/camping display up yet?

I've been holding off on a visit until after Easter as the local one on the wrong side of town to me, but might nip up after work if they've got everything on full display now.

Went to collect my Air Seconds tent at Surrey Quays on 25 March and no tents up outside at that point. I thought they'd have to have them up in time for Easter weekend spending though....?

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

Went to collect my Air Seconds tent at Surrey Quays on 25 March and no tents up outside at that point. I thought they'd have to have them up in time for Easter weekend spending though....?

Past experience is that they normally go up immediately after Easter - but I'm wondering if that may vary a bit this year with Easter being relatively late.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah I used a 2 man last year but any more rain than we had last year and ill get soaked so I'm buying a new one. Those air ones look cool but they are a bit too large when folded plus you need a pump. I have to fit everything for the week into a 20ltr rucksack so space is a bit tight. I think I'll go for the normal one with poles. It's half the price too.

You need a pump for the tent?? 

So are you're going for the three man? Did the 2 man leak?

Sorry for so many questions!

59 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can't recommend this tent enough. It was an absolutely life saver last year, and considering the weather will be absolutely baking hot this year (;)) it will be even more useful. 

Did you have the air or the normal one?

11 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Aaah cool, and presumably lack of porch wasn't a problem?

Nah it was fine. It would have been better with a porch considering the weather, but it wasn't that much of a pain. I always prefer small, lightweight tents so it was ideal for me.

Not being woken up by the sun, which is always a problem for me at festivals, made it all worth it!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, liamium said:

wanna get one of the 3 available fresh & black tents. can anyone attest to the comfort & space of any of these 3-man tents as occupied by 2 people, myself and my girlfriend. i'm 5'11 and she is considerably shorter :)

Are you looking at the inflatable, pop up or conventional 3 man tent. I own the conventional one but not tried it out yet. I'm 6'3 so I'm hoping it will be fine. 

Comfort will be down to the airbed you use. Especially as the ground is looking like it will be rock hard this year.

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Are you looking at the inflatable, pop up or conventional 3 man tent. I own the conventional one but not tried it out yet. I'm 6'3 so I'm hoping it will be fine. 

Comfort will be down to the airbed you use. Especially as the ground is looking like it will be rock hard this year.

Any and all really. By comfort I mostly mean, can 2 people + gear fit? Would sooner avoid the expense of the inflatable, but it does looks to have a bit more room. Also got the fear that some cretin would pop it. 

5 minutes ago, liamium said:

Any and all really. By comfort I mostly mean, can 2 people + gear fit? Would sooner avoid the expense of the inflatable, but it does looks to have a bit more room. Also got the fear that some cretin would pop it. 

I'm taking the 3 man just for myself but I'll probably be sleeping diagonally as I need the extra room. Tent sizes are based on people lying down without gear. Potentially your gear will each take up the space of another person, my bag will fill a large corner of the tent. You'll be able to get an airbed with space for your gear by the side but if you're wanting room to move it's definitely worth looking at the 4 man for the two of you. 

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-1027136-blackout-tents

Just seen that they don't have the conventional in a four man. It all depends on how much stuff you are planning to bring.

Edited by squirrelarmy

22 minutes ago, liamium said:

wanna get one of the 3 available fresh & black tents. can anyone attest to the comfort & space of any of these 3-man tents as occupied by 2 people, myself and my girlfriend. i'm 5'11 and she is considerably shorter :)

Depends.  Do you lie curled up, or completely straight (e.g full length)? I'm 5'10" and my toes do touch the edges if I stretch them out, but not a biggie.  There was someone else (I think on this thread) who is taller than both of us, but sleeps curled up, so had no problems.  So, worst case scenario on length, it'll be a bit annoying, but you should be ok, really depends on your sleep style.

You'll fit your girlfriend in no problem, but bags as well might be a bit of a squeeze, I'm not sure since I won't share a tent!  How much stuff do you have?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

How much stuff do you have?

Not loads. We're on the coach and travel light, a 50l backpack each fits everything we take. I sleep at full stretch but can't imagine caring too much after a skinful. Basically, as long as we can get the double airbed down and wedge in our backpacks, i'm sold. Reckon I can deal with slightly cramped conditions in exchange for cooler, darker mornings. 

2 minutes ago, liamium said:

Not loads. We're on the coach and travel light, a 50l backpack each fits everything we take. I sleep at full stretch but can't imagine caring too much after a skinful. Basically, as long as we can get the double airbed down and wedge in our backpacks, i'm sold. Reckon I can deal with slightly cramped conditions in exchange for cooler, darker mornings. 

The bag the conventional tent comes in is far easier to move than the pop up disc, especially for coach travel. Inflatable version comes in a slightly bigger bag. Which airbed are you going for?

3 minutes ago, liamium said:

I reckon you'll be ok then.  You should have enough, if not plenty of space. Of course, if you can get down to a Decathlon to check, do that rather than taking my word for it.