Underworld

Deano77

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not feeling their latest album. I'm not averse to lots of their later work, but I'm hoping they don't play much of the new album at Glasto.

Actually, I could imagine enjoying some of the new album live if it was a side project, under a different name, but most of these new songs would kill the momentum in a normal Underworld set.

Still seeing them though.

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not feeling their latest album. I'm not averse to lots of their later work, but I'm hoping they don't play much of the new album at Glasto.

Actually, I could imagine enjoying some of the new album live if it was a side project, under a different name, but most of these new songs would kill the momentum in a normal Underworld set.

Still seeing them though.

iif they do the same set as they did at 6music in Bristol, it's most of the new album and many of the 'hits' ... but sod all from Beaucoup Fish, which is a shame.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

iif they do the same set as they did at 6music in Bristol, it's most of the new album and many of the 'hits' ... but sod all from Beaucoup Fish, which is a shame.

Pretty sure they played Jumbo and King of Snake from that album at the Bristol show from what I recall. I thought it was really good and the new songs worked well.

Setlist from the fantastic Roundhouse show on 25 March. Expect it to resemble this, maybe slightly shorter, they did the full 11 minute version of Juanita and Rowla > Rez > Cowgirl > Slippy finish was amazing.

I Exhale

If Rah

Dark & Long

Juanita

Ova Nova

Nylon Strung

Two Months Off

Eightball

Jumbo

Ring Road

Push Upstairs

King of Snake

Faxed Invitation

Dirty Club

Low Burn

Rowla

Rez

Cowgirl

Born Slippy

Edited by SPTFRE

37 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Pretty sure they played Jumbo and King of Snake from that album at the Bristol show from what I recall. I thought it was really good and the new songs worked well.

Doh, you're right, yes they did. :lol:

I don't know why I didn't cotton Jumbo, but I always skip KoS on the album, preferring a 'white label' cd-single of remixes I have.

35 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Eightball

Wow, I'd love to hear that live! They defo didn't do that at Bristol.

It's written about my (sort-of) ex-brother-in-law, who is the man with the flaming 8-ball tattoo'd on his arm and who used an empty whiskey flask as a walkie talkie. He was working with them on some video stuff for 6 months or more when Karl wrote that.

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, eFestivals said:

Wow, I'd love to hear that live! They defo didn't do that at Bristol.

It's written about my (sort-of) ex-brother-in-law, who is the man with the flaming 8-ball tattoo'd on his arm and who used empty whiskey flask as a walkie talkie. He was working with them on some video stuff for 6 months or more, when Karl wrote that.

Ha! Nice story. Karl Hyde doesn't get enough credit for his lyrics. Man's a poet

Just now, SPTFRE said:

Ha! Nice story. Karl Hyde doesn't get enough credit for his lyrics. Man's a poet

Jono (the guy with the 8-ball tattoo) once told me that Karl was very proud of his lyrics. I've got to say, I went "uh?'.

Thinking about it now, that might have been him bigging up the lyrics Karl had written about him :lol: ... 8-ball hadn't been released at the time he said that, but perhaps he knew it had been written (tho I don't think he did).

3 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

So we definitely think they're headlining somewhere on the Friday?

I just can't miss them.

I would imagine headlining John Peel tent, up against Muse (and I think someone also mentioned LCD Soundsystem) in what can only be described for me as a clash nightmare. If I see Muse on the current tour this month I may go for the Underworld show, especially if they're in the John Peel tent. Atmosphere is special in there on a good night

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I guess it is possible that they have Friday down on their tour dates just because it's the first main day of the festival. Lots of acts do that. Could still be Sunday.

See I can't see them headlining a stage and playing friday at the same time as LCD and Carl Cox. Doesn't make sense to me

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

And as such I'm hoping Neil's info is wrong and LCD are on the Sunday :P

I trust Neil and then think your theory of Underworld putting Friday down randomly is correct..... Or mine them subbing JP! 

Actually haven't looked but what size audience do they play to nowadays?

Underworld will surely be headlining. Taking the clashes away, they're ideal for Friday I think. Exactly what I want from a Friday headliner. Them Friday, New Order Saturday, EWF on Sunday is a nice balance for me and how fucked I'd be.

Edited by Alan_C

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

Underworld will surely be headlining. Taking the clashes away, they're ideal for Friday I think. Exactly what I want from a Friday headliner. Them Friday, New Order Saturday, EWF on Sunday is a nice balance for me and how fucked I'd be.

Maybe it's just been seeing lots of people who could headline stages and not knowing where to put them.  I would have thought the likes of Jake Bugg, TDCC, Annie Mac and Grimes could all potentially headline the JP too.