Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody just pointed out in the Latitude thread that Crystal Fighters apparently confirmed themselves as a headliner at Wilderness on their Facebook, so unless there's a fourth headliner due to be announced (or they've got mixed up and aren't actually headlining - I didn't thin they were at all big enough?!) then that just leaves Latitude and Glastonbury in the mix for festivals they could be playing. Could they realistically be playing a lower stage - WH, Park, or even JP - at Glastonbury? I sure hope so

Even if they've said that, I don't think it's correct. They've certainly not promoted them as such.

I think if they were playing lower then it'd have to be John Peel. I still don't see WH as a fit sonically (I know they sing in a different language but there's more to it than that!) and they'd be so much bigger than any band has been when they've headlined Park.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Even if they've said that, I don't think it's correct. They've certainly not promoted them as such.

I think if they were playing lower then it'd have to be John Peel. I still don't see WH as a fit sonically (I know they sing in a different language but there's more to it than that!) and they'd be so much bigger than any band has been when they've headlined Park.

Has their been any official statement from the festival listing the headliners as such? This is what I think too but it's weird for them to think they're a headliner when they're not

1 hour ago, michael eavis' beard said:

I'm still not sure why people don't think WH would be a good fit?

Because:

West Holts showcases an outernational selection of future roots music. From afro grooves to hip hop, reggae to techno, this is the stage for people who know that bass is the place.

https://m.facebook.com/westholts/info

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Because:

West Holts showcases an outernational selection of future roots music. From afro grooves to hip hop, reggae to techno, this is the stage for people who know that bass is the place.

https://m.facebook.com/westholts/info

And which one of those categories does Bryan Ferry fit into?

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Has their been any official statement from the festival listing the headliners as such? This is what I think too but it's weird for them to think they're a headliner when they're not

The festival has retweeted the quote from Crystal Fighters about headlining so it looks as if it's legit to me. 

Just now, michael eavis' beard said:

And which one of those categories does Bryan Ferry fit into?

There's a few things with this...

1. Bryan Ferry isn't Roxy Music. I didn't see it, but there was apparently a decent jazz-type element to his show.

2. he was supposedly an act that Michael booked, and then told the stage they had to accommodate him.

3. at the point he was put in that slot Prince was due to headline the Pyramid .... and that situation is supposedly the only situation where West Holts bookings would take note of who is playing elsewhere at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Sigur Ros haven't been announced for Latitude, surely this puts them in the frame for Glastonbury now.

They're to be announced for two UK festivals aren't they? Already being announced at Citadel so what is the other realistic option left? Glastonbury or Bestival? Or are there others they could be announced for?

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Sigur Ros haven't been announced for Latitude, surely this puts them in the frame for Glastonbury now.

Well Wilderness have (I think) still got their final headliner to announce as I really don't think it's Crystal Fighters (although am fully prepared to be proven wrong). If they are, then yep definitely looks like Glastonbury is on the cards 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well Wilderness have (I think) still got their final headliner to announce as I really don't think it's Crystal Fighters (although am fully prepared to be proven wrong). If they are, then yep definitely looks like Glastonbury is on the cards 

did Crystal Fighters not self confirm as the last headliner?