Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they really aren't happy with the lineup in the Pinkpop comments :lol:

Put the first one I saw into Google translate...

"If I'm honest , this is pre-eminently the poor line up in the history of Pinkpop . This makes no sense . Any idiot can buy a weekend card . There is no one to see what the whole weekend. Youth can see something on Friday. The oldsters on Sunday and let me just mention the nameless Saturday."

On 2/4/2016 at 10:40 PM, FloorFiller said:

Parquet Courts are in the UK a few days before Glastonbury. please get them rebooked, they were one of my favourites of 2014, although it's hard to think of a more perfect setting for them than the Park so would be interested to see where they stuck em (probably JP unfortunately)

http://pitchfork.com/news/63339-parquet-courts-announce-new-album-human-performance-expand-tour-share-dust-video/

Ooh yes please! Still haven't seen them.

In all seriousness, I think Rammstein could destroy (perhaps literally with their pyrotechnics) an Other Stage headlining set.

I think a lot of people would go for the novelty and they would certainly put on show.

Can't remember their ever being a band as heavy as them though?

Edit: Has there ever been a foreign language main stage headliner before?

Edited by Inconspicuous

5 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

In all seriousness, I think Rammstein could destroy (perhaps literally with their pyrotechnics) an Other Stage headlining set.

I think a lot of people would go for the novelty and they would certainly put on show.

Of course they'd smash it to pieces 

but they are about as likely as Queen with Adam Johnson 

6 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

Maybe not as heavy but Metallica. Nine Inch Nails headlined The Other before. Prodigy too. 

8 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

Bjork is as close as you'll get. 

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

2002, and subbed the Other Stage.

It was rather excellent, from what I remember. :)

it was 2003 actually, that Sigur Ros were subbing Doves. Sunday clash with the Manics on the Pyramid, which is why i missed Sigur Ros...there was a splash of rain that came through the site at that point in evening at one point which felt nice as it had been a hot weekend ever since midday friday when it had last rained...

53 minutes ago, sloseph said:

Flight of the Conchords have just announced they're doing Newport Folk Festival in America on the 22nd of July

plenty of time to get from New Zealand to America via Glastonbury in that time

HELL YES!  'Business Time' on the Pyramid would be wonderful.  And 'Bowie in Space' would make for a better tribute than another indie cover.