West Holts 2016 - would love to see list

Rumblestripe

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

that seems less likely than acoustic to me, so that was a silly idea of mine.

Yeah I wasn't suggesting Park really, just pointing out that it's the only stage big enough that fits that time so probably no point working out his slot based on that.

I'm with Dental on that if that time is correct there's just something different happening with WH timings like a mammoth EWF set.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I wasn't suggesting Park really, just pointing out that it's the only stage big enough that fits that time so probably no point working out his slot based on that.

I'm with Dental on that if that time is correct there's just something different happening with WH timings like a mammoth EWF set.

Having a gander at a couple of their placings on different festival clashfinders, it doesn't seem like they do mammoth sets. Not the two-hour-plus that this would require anyway. Dunno what else it could be. Unique collaboration jam band maybe? :P

38 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Article claims Kamasi as 3pm and Gregory as 7:25pm.

If ELO play at the same time as Lionel and Kamasi has the standard hour long slot them he should finish right as ELO start.

Are ELO not finishing at 18:40pm according to St.Etienne (who are starting at 19:00pm)? Making ELO's starting time appx. around 17:00-17:15pm?

28 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Are ELO not finishing at 18:40pm according to St.Etienne (who are starting at 19:00pm)? Making ELO's starting time appx. around 17:00-17:15pm?

Yep, was just responding to the thought that they could clash if they do end up 4th down. St. Etienne could have wrong info I guess,

11 minutes ago, Bradders said:

As somebody pointed out, it's very odd that a jazz magazine would have specific West Holts stage times at this point isn't it? Maybe they just had some duff info.

I'd guess they got that info from one or more of the artists mentioned (or 'their people'), and where they thought by the time it was published it wouldn't be saying anything that wasn't already announced.

Because Glasto makes its announcements in the adhoc manner it does, it must be a pain trying to keep all booked acts strictly to that announcement plan.

1 hour ago, Bradders said:

As somebody pointed out, it's very odd that a jazz magazine would have specific West Holts stage times at this point isn't it? Maybe they just had some duff info.

A "jazz mag" is something completely different round my way !

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Floating Points is also looking pretty likely, so maybe Laura Mvula is elsewhere.  Or maybe Baaba Maal.  Not impossible that he's on the Pyramid early on.

Last time Rokia Traore played she was on the Pyramid rather than West Holts, but this time around I suspect she'll wind up at the Holts.

Where had you heard about Floating Points? I had him down at a guess as being on the Park!

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yup ... headliner, do you think? Perhaps the "one to gawp at"?

Had him down straight away as one to "bliss out to". Saw him a couple of years back headlining a tent at Rock Werchter but can't remember how gawpy his show was.

Edit: Yeah surely headliner.

Edited by Will-2609

40 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

http://www.itb.co.uk/artist-tour-calendar/jamesblake

That's us got another one of the 8 West Holts acts

Adele

New Order 

James Blake

Is there actually going to be anything to get the pulse racing, and the blood pumping on the main stages for Saturday night this year?

(disclaimer: I actually quite like both New Order and James Blake...)