Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

Thinking about doing my first Bestival this year... well been thinking about it for a few years now but this year's lineup is looking great. Just wondering any news on if LCD Soundsystem are a possibility for third headliner? They are the major band making me try in the Glasto resales atm but I sort of want to take a year away from Glasto and not sure if I'll be able to make it to Lovebox.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

It would probably be dreadful but what about Jake Bugg to headline? He's obviously got an amazing agent having subbed T and Reading and headlined the Other Stage at Glastonbury? I wouldn't be surprised to see him announced 

Not a chance. His stock has no doubt fallen significantly since he played those slots in 2014, and he really isn't a Bestival type act (not as a headliner, anyway)

Well put my deposit down. Pretty excited to be doing Bestival for the first time. Any rumours at all? I'm hoping for at least some of:

Someone like Gorillaz, Pixies, The National or Will Smith for final headliner
Chvrches; Belle and Sebastian; Silversun Pickups; Editors; Everything Everything; dEUS; The Joy Formidable; Future of the Left; Of Montreal; Idlewild; Turbowolf; Eagles of Death Metal; Run the Jewels; Frightened Rabbit; Caro Emerald; Grimes; The Front Bottoms; Kagoule; The Kills; Savages; Tall Ships; Cage the Elephant; Puscifer; Public Service Broadcasting etc.

I realise that a lot of these bands are more suited elsewhere but it would be nice to get some of them slotted into the lineup. Don't feel like any would look out of place... but then again Bestival can pretty much book whatever.

Edited by SOAD

On 22 February 2016 at 9:49 AM, stocky3000 said:

I think Gorillaz would be the only feasible remaining headliner that would get me there

considering they're supposedly up and running this year but haven't been announced for anything they must be a decent bet for the final headliner, unless they plan on leaving the festivals etc until next year

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

reckon he's gonna be the final IOW headliner myself. surely both him and The Cure in the same year would be far too expensive for Bestival

just sort RDB RT something from him, and was never someone i had fully considered would be 3 quite diverse headliners which I am sure would sell pretty well