Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though i more than likely won't be going next year, i hope they do bag Muse after the kerfuffle of this year

Disclosure seem an incredibly obvious choice, although has the festival ever had an act bumped up from non-headliner to headliner so soon? i know acts have headlined and then fallen down the lineup, but from sub to headliner in the space of two years may seem a little weak (especially when they'll almost definitely be headlining the Other at Glastonbury)

Chic & Nile Rodgers seemed to handle it okay.

ha fucking hell how did i forget that. i guess Disclosure have had a huge rise in success since they were booked to sub last year so it would make sense - but would, imo, need at least one huge headline act to sit next to (i.e. Muse)

Muse, Disclosure and The xx would be a pretty good three, although it still seems like it's missing something to me (much like this years three)

Bestival 2016 might probably be my first Bestival. Judging by the past line-ups I will likely enjoy the 2016, providing similar sized and genre acts!

Muse would be a real coup, they seem like a very high callibre act for Bestival to book and I'd be impressed if they pulled it off.

Would adore The xx! Incredibly powerful sound, and masterclass production on The Other Stage at Glasto in 2013.

I guess Disclosure must start headlining somewhere. Not that hyped by their material which for me works on a slightly smaller stage.

Could Lana Del Rey enter a headline spot at Bestival? Honeymoon her new track seems like her production and sound has matured to a very interesting 'soundtrack'. I could be completely wrong in suggesting her though.

ha fucking hell how did i forget that. i guess Disclosure have had a huge rise in success since they were booked to sub last year so it would make sense - but would, imo, need at least one huge headline act to sit next to (i.e. Muse)

Muse, Disclosure and The xx would be a pretty good three, although it still seems like it's missing something to me (much like this years three)

Disclosure headlined the Big Top the year before they subbed the mainstage, I'd prefer they stayed away for a while before headlining.

Second stage headliner, sub-headliner & then mainstage headliner in the space of 3 years/4 festivals is over kill.

Disclosure headlined the Big Top the year before they subbed the mainstage, I'd prefer they stayed away for a while before headlining.

Second stage headliner, sub-headliner & then mainstage headliner in the space of 3 years/4 festivals is over kill.

ah didn't realise that. and whilst i'm sure the new album will top the charts and the like, the new singles don't seem to be taking off nearly as well as the first album's. might be a bit much to have them rising up the ranks that quickly (even though they'll more than likely be doing similar at Glastonbury and even Reading/Leeds - just not to headliner)

Could Lana Del Rey enter a headline spot at Bestival? Honeymoon her new track seems like her production and sound has matured to a very interesting 'soundtrack'. I could be completely wrong in suggesting her though.

she'd be a good booking lower down the lineup (possibly even as a sub) but don't think she's quite ready to headline just yet - she has the material, but as a live performer she's not there just yet

she'd be a good booking lower down the lineup (possibly even as a sub) but don't think she's quite ready to headline just yet - she has the material, but as a live performer she's not there just yet

I suppose FF. You're probably right there. I did think her show lacks movement. Especially on an open air stage. See Glastonbury 2014 for more info kinda thing.

I suppose FF. You're probably right there. I did think her show lacks movement. Especially on an open air stage. See Glastonbury 2014 for more info kinda thing.

yeah i saw her at Glastonbury and, whilst i enjoyed her performance, it would be hard to enjoy as the last 'big' act of the night. a bit too downtempo

But they're niche festivals with a limited supply of suitable headline sized acts.

Bestival isn't...

the day any of Metallica, Maiden, Linkin Park or Slipknot break up, Download is gonna be fucked. not nearly enough new metal acts rising the to the ranks of headliners these days

I think Disclosure will sub T in the park and Reading and headline the other at Glastonbury

Would it be over kill for them to headline Bestival? I reckon Chase and Status are more likely to headline it next year with their secret set this year n'all!

yeah i agree about those festival placings for Disclosure. doing Bestival as well (and as a headliner, no less) would seem pretty weak

do people give a shit about Chase & Status anymore? there seemed to be a lot of hype around their first album but i don't think i heard a single thing from/about their second one (maybe purposefully - i can't remember). would be a bang average headliner

do people give a shit about Chase & Status anymore? there seemed to be a lot of hype around their first album but i don't think i heard a single thing from/about their second one (maybe purposefully - i can't remember). would be a bang average headliner

dnb is in a weird place at the moment

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a full on house album for their third - in attempt to be part of the revival.