Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

I was thinking about Radiohead the other day actually, they could certainly be a contender and we know Rob has set his sights high by trying to get prince and muse in the past 

yeah i'd definitely say they're within the realms of possibility - they might want to do a slightly smaller festival like Bestival rather than the likes of Glastonbury again. would be a huge deal for Bestival, but considering i was really hoping to not have to go back to Bestival this year, i hope not

1 hour ago, smogo said:

Disclosure were mentioned early on this thread. I get the impression their star has waned a bit following their underwhelming second album. Or am I just out of touch?

well they're rumoured to be a possible co-headliner with Foals at Reading/Leeds. think it's fair to say their second album didn't make nearly the same impact the first did, but they're still up there. reckon they could headline Bestival, although that'd be a pretty unimaginative and underwhelming booking

Ive never been to Bestival and I probably wont be going this year, but thought I'd mention that Rob Da Bank put a photo up on Instagram this morning saying the headliners should be announced in the next few weeks.

Saw people were mentioning Radiohead, if their album does appear in the next few weeks it could be good timing.

Someone on Twitter asked for a Bowie celebration as the theme & Rob replied with 'it's not far off' he also replied to someone asking for a Bowie shrine & said 'weirdly we already have one planned'. So I'm guessing some sort of 70's space theme perhaps? 

He's also stated that there will be quite a few big hip hop acts. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Interesting that Longitude in Ireland have announced Kendrick and Major Lazer as two of their headliners. And the National, who are dreadful.

Longitude and Latitude only tend to share one headliner, hopefully leaving Kendrick and Major Lazer available for Bestival.

1 minute ago, smogo said:

Interesting that Longitude in Ireland have announced Kendrick and Major Lazer as two of their headliners. And the National, who are dreadful.

Longitude and Latitude only tend to share one headliner, hopefully leaving Kendrick and Major Lazer available for Bestival.

Kendrick is apparently a UK exclusive for BST so unlikely it'll be him (although exclusives are often broken so who knows)

"@RobdaBank: And just when you think you've got it all sewn up it all falls apart #life"

could be Bestival related? I know Rob has said that he asks Radiohead every year to play on the off chance they'll say yes, perhaps he thought he'd finally bagged them & they've dropped out. Pure speculation mind, it could be in relation to anything.

22 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

"@RobdaBank: And just when you think you've got it all sewn up it all falls apart #life"

could be Bestival related? I know Rob has said that he asks Radiohead every year to play on the off chance they'll say yes, perhaps he thought he'd finally bagged them & they've dropped out. Pure speculation mind, it could be in relation to anything.

would be pretty unlucky if that's the case - Muse one year and Radiohead the next