Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

31 minutes ago, Red Day said:

If PJ are doing Europe as per the leaked info then surely that's our Thursday headliner. Be utterly delighted if they are

They aren't doing it, they're manager ruled it out before. No point in ruling that out when you're happy to leak a Bonnaroo headline performance as early as they did.

Whoever it is obviously has contractual ties.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thetime said:

You can't compare roskilde and werchter, it's a bit like comparing Glastonbury and reading with a good line up.

You go for werchter for the line up, roskilde for the experience.you will get different thing out of them both.

Probably you need to ask yourself what's important line up or experience.

Don't rule out sziget.

Thank you. 

I know little to nothing about Roskilde however I'm fairly clued up about rw. But obviously, it has to be one or the other and it's a tough choice. The RW lineup could end up swinging it though, aas long as the last headliner is good. Know anything else about Roskilde?

I suppose that's a chat I need to have then, lineup or experience. Personally I fancy Roskilde, but we shall see. 

3 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Definitely interesting that they appear to have a 2 month gap in the American dates that the European festival season just happens to sit in quite neatly.

That's what I'm thinking. Seems a break that fits right into supposed euro dates. I'm not giving up yet. I'll be totally deflated if PJ don't play and 3.5 hours of brucey babes gets announced 

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

That's what I'm thinking. Seems a break that fits right into supposed euro dates. I'm not giving up yet. I'll be totally deflated if PJ don't play and 3.5 hours of brucey babes gets announced 

I'm hoping they end up at NOS Alive in July (as i'm going!)

I appreciate that there were rumours that the euro leg was cancelled and that it's likely more America dates will be announced but when it comes to tours/dates you just never know! Until an official announcement says otherwise, Ill keep my fingers crossed.

55 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Whoever it is obviously has contractual ties.

From what I'm hearing it's because of struggles to seal the deal. This is the story that is going round on Belgian/Dutch message boards:

Pearl Jam was booked but then cancelled, so they started looking for a replacement. Supposedly some names bounced because of not wanting to do festivals (I'm guessing Springsteen or Neil Young there, as Coldplay already didn't fit into the schedule). We're also not getting any other names for Thursday yet, because a new headliner could mean new set times/moving acts to different stages/etc (aka renegotiating contracts). At the moment it is unclear whether they have found a headliner by now. But the general assumption is that they'll drop the headliner along with the first batch of Thursday names to kickstart those ticket sales. And I can't imagine that they'll leave us with another 2-3 weeks without Thursday names.

3 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

But the general assumption is that they'll drop the headliner along with the first batch of Thursday names to kickstart those ticket sales. And I can't imagine that they'll leave us with another 2-3 weeks without Thursday names.

Jesus Christ I hope so! Desperate to get my ticket but really need some names to compel me to make the leap!

58 minutes ago, Hawky93 said:

Thank you. 

I know little to nothing about Roskilde however I'm fairly clued up about rw. But obviously, it has to be one or the other and it's a tough choice. The RW lineup could end up swinging it though, aas long as the last headliner is good. Know anything else about Roskilde?

I suppose that's a chat I need to have then, lineup or experience. Personally I fancy Roskilde, but we shall see. 

I went to roskilde couple of years ago, PM me what you need to know. Saves clogging up the werchter forum.

Edited by thetime

12 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

From what I'm hearing it's because of struggles to seal the deal. This is the story that is going round on Belgian/Dutch message boards:

Pearl Jam was booked but then cancelled, so they started looking for a replacement. Supposedly some names bounced because of not wanting to do festivals (I'm guessing Springsteen or Neil Young there, as Coldplay already didn't fit into the schedule). We're also not getting any other names for Thursday yet, because a new headliner could mean new set times/moving acts to different stages/etc (aka renegotiating contracts). At the moment it is unclear whether they have found a headliner by now. But the general assumption is that they'll drop the headliner along with the first batch of Thursday names to kickstart those ticket sales. And I can't imagine that they'll leave us with another 2-3 weeks without Thursday names.

Just in time for GNR annoucement then.

Well it's not that hard to see why is there a gap in Pearl Jam's dates. If they booked USA and Europe tour in the same time they had a gap so that they can play in Europe. Now they just erased those Europe dates and left only those in USA and now instead of coming to Europe they just won't do shows in that time

6 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I dont understand one thing.   if Festileaks are saying that it iss confirmed that PJ aren't  coming to Europe why publish such stuff:

http://festileaks.com/2016/01/pearl-jam-maakt-tour-bekend-gat-vorm-rock-werchter/

Yes it's very confused. Wait, hope & see, but I don't trust anyone !

16 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I dont understand one thing.   if Festileaks are saying that it iss confirmed that PJ aren't  coming to Europe why publish such stuff:

http://festileaks.com/2016/01/pearl-jam-maakt-tour-bekend-gat-vorm-rock-werchter/

There's zero coordination in their staff and they love clickbaits. Whenever a band is announced for a festival near a Dutch/Belgian one, it's a 'strong contender'. Even if they're already ruled out or totally don't fit the festival's bookings.

Festileaks is worthless as a news medium. Their forums are just handy for Benelux rumours etc.

Radiohead for opener san gallen that take place the same weekend of werchter, now i'm waiting friday for their announcement :):):) 

edit: this is the line up so far, do you think we'll have some shared acts?

http://www.openairsg.ch

Edited by alan_ts

1 minute ago, heti said:

Yep, that'd be my guess too now. 

Too bad, I prefer PJ 100000 times than Radiohead ;/ 

I'm not a huge fan of pj, i saw them 2 years ago in my city and it's enough for me.

for my tastes radiohead would be a dream. 

And i really hope not to see mumford and sons, they're very very boring i think.