Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Thanks for the list=) What big bands are not ruled out yet? I can only think of Radiohead, Springsteen, Massive Attack and Kings of Leon (although I ´m hoping not). Also Suede but they might not be headliner material in Belgium. 

I'm really hoping for Massive Attack (+Young Fathers) but I think they're more likely to headline an indoor stage.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

I've done a quick list of ruled out acts, I might have missed some but this pretty much sums it up:

Playing other Belgian festivals (not sharing acts): Frank Turner, Sum41, Volbeat, Dropkick Murphys, Pennywise, Slayer, Kurt Vile, Wilco, Damien Rice, Air, Gregory Porter, The Prodigy, Sigur Ros, Pixies, Boys Noize, Mac Demarco, Wiz Khalifa, Birdy Nam Nam, The Weeknd, Rihanna

Playing a Belgian show too close to the festival: Neil Young, Queen + AL, Explosions in the Sky

RW doesn't fit in tour schedule: Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots, Weezer

Tonight Les Ardentes is dropping its first big names. In the past years they've managed to get headliners like Placebo, Kendrick Lamar, Massive Attack, Morrissey, Nicki Minaj, ... and this year they're promising a spectacular anniversary lineup. So we're bound to rule out some more RW candidates tonight. 

I complete your list with possible acts (I didn't check the calendar of each band so there can be mistakes) :

Tame Impala (Primavera, NOS, Open’er), LCD Soundsystem (Primavera),  Beach House (Primavera, Best Kept Secret, Northside),  Suede (Primavera, Tinderbox), Radiohead (Primavera, NOS Alive, Open Air St Gallen),  Dinosaur Jr (Primavera),  Daughter (Primavera), Korn (Download, Nova Rock), Tenacious D  (Rock Am Ring, Roskilde), Biffy Clyro (Download),  Billy Talent (Rock Am Ring), Deftones (Rock Am Ring, Nova Rock), Foals (Rock Am Ring, NOS Alive, Roskilde), Major Lazer (Rock Am Ring, FIB),  Rival Sons (Rock Am Ring, Download), Rudimental (Rock Am Ring, Bravalla), The 1975 (Rock Am Ring, Tinderbox), Ellie Goulding (Main Square), Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Main Square), Years & Years (Main Square, NOS Alive), Wolf Alice (NOS Alive),  Hot Chip (NOS Alive), Father John Misty (NOS Alive), M83 (NOS Alive, BBK), José Gonzalez (NOS Alive), Bloc Party (FIB, Best Kept Secret), Kendrick Lamar (FIB), The Maccabees (FIB), The National (Down The Rabbit Hole, Tinderbox), Glen Hansard (Down The Rabbit Hole), Flume (DTRH), Charles Bradley (DTRH), Ty Segall (DTRH, ATP Iceland), James Morrisson (Pinkpop),  The Libertines (Vieilles Charrues), ZZ Top (Retro C Trop + TBC at Glastonbury),  Two Door Cinema Club (St Gallen, Hurricane),  Caribou (St Gallen, Best Kept Secret),  Sunset Sons (St Gallen), Nothing But Thieves (St Gallen), Iggy Pop (Rock In Vienna, IOW, Northside),  Skunk Anansie (Rock In Roma), The Hives (Greenfield, Hurricane), Stereophonics (IOW), Half Moon Run (IOW, Best Kept Secret), Pendulum DJ set (IOW), Sigma (IOW), Sleaford Mods (Plissken, Roskilde),  Die Antwoord (Sonar), Skrillex (Sonar), ASAP Rocky (Sonar), Flying Lotus (Sonar), Beck (Best Kept Secret, Northside), Yeasayer (Best Kept Secret, Northside), Yelawolf (Best Kept Secret, Main Square), Bernhoft (Northside, Secret Solstice), Of Monsters & Men (Secret Solstice), The Heavy (IN Music), David Guetta (Tinderbox), Jason Derulo (Tinderbox), Lost Frequencies (Tinderbox), Axwell & Ingrosso (Hurricane), Fritz Kalkbrenner (Hurricane), Flogging Molly (Hurricane), Royal Republic (Hurricane), The Wombats (Hurricane), The Subways (Hurricane), Maximo Park (Hurricane), Blues Pills (Hurricane, Bravalla), Action Bronson (Roskilde), Bastille (Bravalla), Band Of Horses (Bravalla, Bergenfest), Vintage Trouble (Bravalla), Balthazar (Vida Festival), The Divine Comedy (Vida Festival), Villagers (Vida Festival), Thee Oh Sees (ATP Iceland), Gogol Bordello (Pohoda),  Deichkind (Rock-a-field, RAR)

If you are interested, I just mailed Werchter and asked whether I should give up hope on Radiohead headlining. They answered: "Sorry but we can't give you any further information about that". To me, that sounds pretty positive then, given that they could have done like Roskilde and simply deny that they are about to perform.  

Edited by ParanoidTourist

22 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

If you are interested, I just mailed Werchter and asked whether I should give up hope on Radiohead headlining. They answered: "Sorry but we can't give you any further information about that". To me, that sounds pretty positive then, given that they could have done like Roskilde and simply deny that they are about to perform.  

Well they're not doing Pukkelpop, they'll be in Japan when it's on.

Very high chance for RW I'd imagine.

According to festileaks there is a possibility that Rihanna could play in Rock Werchter or Pukkelpop instead of Werchter Boutique because of the lack of police force during this day, because of the terrorist alert in Brussels.

http://festileaks.com/2016/01/onduidelijkheid-doorgang-werchter-boutique-rihanna/

That would be a really bad news for Rock Werchter !!

41 minutes ago, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

According to festileaks there is a possibility that Rihanna could play in Rock Werchter or Pukkelpop instead of Werchter Boutique because of the lack of police force during this day, because of the terrorist alert in Brussels.

http://festileaks.com/2016/01/onduidelijkheid-doorgang-werchter-boutique-rihanna/

That would be a really bad news for Rock Werchter !!

Don't think the risk is that great. According to her facebook page, she plays in Norway on the 2nd of July.

Edit: Sorry,  I'm confusing the dates: she plays in the UK on the 29th of June so I guess there might be a risk that she headlines on the 30th at Werchter.

Edited by ParanoidTourist

10 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Don't think the risk is that great. According to her facebook page, she plays in Norway on the 2nd of July.

Edit: Sorry,  I'm confusing the dates: she plays in the UK on the 29th of June so I guess there might be a risk that she headlines on the 30th at Werchter.

It's fair to say Disclosure closing is something you could see happening too after her.