Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, thewayiam said:

Oh, either way Werchter don't have them. Radiohead annoucning NOS and Primavera but not Werchter makes no sense and I imagine they would close.

I think it would make sense for Radiohead to do more than 3 EU festivals this summer, particularly given that they still haven't announced any UK dates. Tbh I reckon they're the most likely current Thursday headliner, ahead of acts like Bruce and Pearl Jam. Only time will tell though :)

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh, either way Werchter don't have them. Radiohead annoucning NOS and Primavera but not Werchter makes no sense and I imagine they would close.

Very few bands announce whole summer tour schedule in single drop. Radiohead may be booked for RW...and maybe not. So far they're the most logical and probable choice. 

Today's announcement is great for me. Will finally see New Order for the 1st time, Robert Plant will be my 3rd and after splendid gig at RW 2014 I don't expect anything less. Last Shadow Puppets - very happy with those lads.

Still waiting for Gary Clark Jr, Biffy Clyro and The National. 

5 minutes ago, Hyllebergxd said:

Roskilde Festivals says on Facebook: " Radiohead is not among these 21 new acts. It isn't likely that they're available for us in 2016. ".. Maybe it is the same for Rock Werchter then. 

Maybe they have a good cash offer to go somewhere else to play and return for NOS and some more. But if they aren't there free for Roskilde then they won't be for Werchter.

3 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Dogshit announcement. So far not 1 act I'd even bother tolerating on the Sunday. New order and Robert plant I'll watch again, but neither were great last time I saw them

A friend of mine is a big Zep fan but said Plant isn't what he was.

In 2014 Robert Plant was fantastic. So it's a great addition. Alex Turner and Miles Kane were not as good, but let's see what they can do together. Black Box Revelation are a great rock addition. It's a better announcement than the previous ones in my opinion, but I'm waiting for more. I'm waiting for Gogol Bordello, Stereophonics, Glen Hansard... I mean better FESTIVAL acts

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Maybe they have a good cash offer to go somewhere else to play and return for NOS and some more. But if they aren't there free for Roskilde then they won't be for Werchter.

Radiohead are already playing July 2nd in Switzerland. So that leaves them 2 festival spots - Thursday or Friday for other festivals.

If Roskilde doesn't have them - I guess RW has them. Or Open'er eventually. Cause I can't see them playing after Flo on Sunday...

Sorry for double posting & quoting ;p

Edited by heti

13 minutes ago, heti said:

Radiohead are playing Switzerland July 2nd...So they're around our weekend. 

10 minutes ago, heti said:

Radiohead are already playing July 2nd in Switzerland. So that leaves them 2 festival spots - Thursday or Friday for other festivals.

If Roskilde doesn't have them - I guess RW has them. Or Open'er eventually. Cause I can't see them playing after Flo on Sunday...

There is the possibilty they could be flying back during Roskilde/Werchter and their Switz date takes up one Roskilde and Werchter date.

57 minutes ago, Kuki said:

Remember, that PJ was on Werchter wishlist and they were not on Roskilde according to rumours. That could mean Roskilde already got their headliners with no space left for Radiohead - things could be different with RW

If anyone would put PJ rumour to Roskilde's line-up...:D :D:D:D:D:D:D LOL

17 hours ago, heti said:

Surprised they are not doing roskilde, especially as they have the Wednesday to play with.

I doubt radiohead are playing werchter, more likely to do roskilde/werchter/Glastonbury combo 2017.

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

And what about the new collaboration between Josh Homme & Iggy for Thursday? 

Iggy appears in the last New Order LP (they're also on Thursday).

While Bruce Springsteen, Radiohead, Neil Young etc are touring, I doubt Iggy could headline (let's hope he won't cause we can have a better headliner) but why not to get him in the line-up not as a headliner ;) Time will tell. By the way it will be time soon to rebuild a list of possible acts and ruled out acts.

52 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

While Bruce Springsteen, Radiohead, Neil Young etc are touring, I doubt Iggy could headline (let's hope he won't cause we can have a better headliner) but why not to get him in the line-up not as a headliner ;) Time will tell. By the way it will be time soon to rebuild a list of possible acts and ruled out acts.

2 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Josh said that they'll do a tour in small theaters

Oooooook thanks :)

I've done a quick list of ruled out acts, I might have missed some but this pretty much sums it up:

Playing other Belgian festivals (not sharing acts): Frank Turner, Sum41, Volbeat, Dropkick Murphys, Pennywise, Slayer, Kurt Vile, Wilco, Damien Rice, Air, Gregory Porter, The Prodigy, Sigur Ros, Pixies, Boys Noize, Mac Demarco, Wiz Khalifa, Birdy Nam Nam, The Weeknd, Rihanna

Playing a Belgian show too close to the festival: Neil Young, Queen + AL, Explosions in the Sky

RW doesn't fit in tour schedule: Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots, Weezer

Tonight Les Ardentes is dropping its first big names. In the past years they've managed to get headliners like Placebo, Kendrick Lamar, Massive Attack, Morrissey, Nicki Minaj, ... and this year they're promising a spectacular anniversary lineup. So we're bound to rule out some more RW candidates tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I've done a quick list of ruled out acts, I might have missed some but this pretty much sums it up:

Playing other Belgian festivals (not sharing acts): Frank Turner, Sum41, Volbeat, Dropkick Murphys, Pennywise, Slayer, Kurt Vile, Wilco, Damien Rice, Air, Gregory Porter, The Prodigy, Sigur Ros, Pixies, Boys Noize, Mac Demarco, Wiz Khalifa, Birdy Nam Nam, The Weeknd, Rihanna

Playing a Belgian show too close to the festival: Neil Young, Queen + AL, Explosions in the Sky

RW doesn't fit in tour schedule: Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots, Weezer

Tonight Les Ardentes is dropping its first big names. In the past years they've managed to get headliners like Placebo, Kendrick Lamar, Massive Attack, Morrissey, Nicki Minaj, ... and this year they're promising a spectacular anniversary lineup. So we're bound to rule out some more RW candidates tonight. 

Thanks for the list=) What big bands are not ruled out yet? I can only think of Radiohead, Springsteen, Massive Attack and Kings of Leon (although I ´m hoping not). Also Suede but they might not be headliner material in Belgium.