Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

Seeing The National headlining everywhere they play make me think there's no way they'll headline the Barn during Rammstein or FATM like I hoped. That led me to think about Beck for those positions and then it hit me: Do we already have Barn headliners? TLSP?  Robert Plant? New Order? 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that New Order will be Barn headliner on Thursday, I bet on The National to subheadline main stage on Thursday; Robert Plant is probably not Barn headliner because he was not in 2014. TLSP will maybe be Barn headliner but I'd better see them just before Florence on Sunday. I'd take a bet on LCD Soundsystem to be Barn headliner on Sunday or Saturday. Ellie Goulding possibly too, depending on the main stage headliner of her day, if she is announced.

50 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Moreover the Boss has announced a first date in Europe : 19th May -- Rock In Rio Lisboa

Both of these have been self confirmed by festivals and not his Bruceness himself. Reckon we could get a big block Europe announcement this week?

11 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Arcade Fire just announced for Bilbao BBK, and they say that it's only one of two shows in Europe! Any chance Rock Werchter got them for Tuesday? I know that the year they headlined Glastonbury Werchter missed them!

Where they say they'll do only two Europe shows?

I really hope for Arcade Fire (if Radiohead will not come)

Wake up! Nuestra nueva confirmación es todo un espectáculo y su pop barroco con toques de electrónica reventará el escenario del próximo ‪#‎bilbaobbklive‬ en la que será una de sus dos únicas fechas en toda Europa. Welcome Arcade Fire!

Google Translate: Wake up! Our new confirmation is a spectacle and baroque pop with touches of electronics will burst next stage # bilbaobbklive in what will be one of the only two dates throughout Europe. Welcome Arcade Fire!

Source: Facebook

Edited by tricho

6 minutes ago, tricho said:

BTW: Anybody seen this? https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceData/status/691894845229637633?p=v

June 12 - Landgraaf (Holland) June 23&24 - Barcelona June 26 - Madrid July 3 - Werchter (Belgium) July 16 - Copenhagen

I'd doubt the reliability of that, simply because it seems weird they'd book him for the Sunday when Florence is already confirmed and theres no Thursday headliner.

Just now, tricho said:

Maybe the date is a placeholder? And Florence could co-headline.

It would definitely work but I just think it's unlikely with Thursday looking the way it is. Also a possibility that he was booked for Sunday with Pearl Jam Thursday, then Pearl Jam pulled out so makes things a little less clear cut. Either way, wait and see. I'm sure we'll have news over the next few weeks :)

1 minute ago, McCallion said:

It would definitely work but I just think it's unlikely with Thursday looking the way it is. Also a possibility that he was booked for Sunday with Pearl Jam Thursday, then Pearl Jam pulled out so makes things a little less clear cut. Either way, wait and see. I'm sure we'll have news over the next few weeks :)

A similar thing being reiterated on this website. People linking to it in Bruce forums - http://wegotit.at/springsteen-auf-europa-tour/?utm_content=buffer9c14e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

14-MAI Rom, Circo Massimo
19-MAI Lissabon. Rock in Rio
26-MAI Manchester
28-MAI Glasgow
01-JUN Dublin
12-JUN Landgraaf
22-JUN Barcelona
24-JUN Barcelona
26-JUN Madrid
03-JUL Werchter
07-JUL Österreich
16-JUL Kopenhagen