Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

1 minute ago, tricho said:

YES YES YES. I love radiohead.

So can we assume

Thursday: RH

Sunday: M&S ?

Sunday florence + m&s?

i expect a coheadliner smaller then florence, maybe a closing dance act so i don't reckon on m&s

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Sunday florence + m&s?

i expect a coheadliner smaller then florence, maybe a closing dance act so i don't reckon on m&s

Luckily M&S are playing at Openair St.  Galen on Sunday.  Radiohead are playing on Saturday.  So hopefully if PJ aren't coming,  we'll get Radiohead on Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Luckily M&S are playing at Openair St.  Galen on Sunday.  Radiohead are playing on Saturday.  So hopefully if PJ aren't coming,  we'll get Radiohead on Thursday. 

Yes, at this point I'm sure of radiohead on thursday. We now know they're touring and I think it's the only band that can fit for headline thursday at the moment.

5 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I doubt they'd rebook Mumfords 2 years running, particularly as they have already rebooked Florence. At least so I hope.

I meant this part from alan_ts's post :   last name MUST be something great: last announced headliner for 2015 were M&S, so...not that great :) although nice

28 minutes ago, heti said:

I meant this part from alan_ts's post :   last name MUST be something great: last announced headliner for 2015 were M&S, so...not that great :) although nice

I don't know the reputation of M&S in Europe but i said that maybe because I don't like them very much and also because in Italy they're not so mainstream :)

however I definitely want Radiohead :)

edit: I don't know if they're big as radiohead, pearl jam, springsteen etc

Edited by alan_ts

27 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Especially since the announcement of M&S was received with a lot of criticism and that day only sold out like the week before.

Definitely Radiohead for Rock Werchter and Springsteen or McCartney for TW Classic. 

Did the M&S day even sell out last year? I'm pretty sure there were tickets left for that day.

I'd be happy with Radiohead though. Although, I'm not a huge fan, does anyone have any recommendations for where to start?

8 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

Did the M&S day even sell out last year? I'm pretty sure there were tickets left for that day.

I'd be happy with Radiohead though. Although, I'm not a huge fan, does anyone have any recommendations for where to start?

Radiohead live are unpredictable, they use to change setlist every gig.

my favourite album is Kid A (I recommend Everything in its right place and Idioteque that usually close the concert).

also the old stuff is great for me, try with Ok Computer.

I think they'll play fully the new album, however they use to play more than 2 hours and about 30 songs.

28 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Out of interest, has anyone any experience of driving from England to Werchter? Last year we flew and it was amazingly easy but this year flights are a bit more expensive. Parking good etc?

Ryanair flights from Manchester to Brussels charleroi were £53pp return for me this year. Go directly to Ryanairs website to check it out 

20 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

I recall a news report saying 'fully sold out festival', but at the very least they were still available the weekend before.

If you're preparing for their show, I'd go with Kid A + Amnesiac. Those 2 albums and their upcoming one will make for the majority of the setlist. In Rainbows is a personal favourite of mine. OK Computer and The Bends are great as well, but Radiohead tends to ignore the 90s stuff during their gigs. 

25 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Ryanair flights from Manchester to Brussels charleroi were £53pp return for me this year. Go directly to Ryanairs website to check it out 

Yeah thats what we did last year (it ended up being around 30-40 last year) , 53 quid isn't so bad, but then you've got to add on 50 quid to check a bag (ie. the tent), 12 quid if you want to sit with your friends, airport parking and it adds up pretty quickly. Was looking at driving because according to Google Maps, it's only a 6 hours from Oxford and fuel / tunnel costs split between five is probably a lot cheaper. Never driven in Europe before though so scary prospect! Haha

17 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Yeah thats what we did last year (it ended up being around 30-40 last year) , 53 quid isn't so bad, but then you've got to add on 50 quid to check a bag (ie. the tent), 12 quid if you want to sit with your friends, airport parking and it adds up pretty quickly. Was looking at driving because according to Google Maps, it's only a 6 hours from Oxford and fuel / tunnel costs split between five is probably a lot cheaper. Never driven in Europe before though so scary prospect! Haha

For same reasons I always go from Italy to Belgium/Holland festivals by car.

I prefer 12h of direct travel instead of car/plane/train/bus

Edited by alan_ts

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

Best albums are OK Computer and Kid A. Pretty much both flawless masterpieces. OKC is more rock, Kid A is more electronic/experimental.

The Bends is a classic as well and recommended, but they're not likely to play anything of it (maybe Street Spirit or Planet Telex, the rest are barely played anymore).

If you want the best combination of best album+lots of tracks will be played, go with In Rainbows. It's brilliant and they still regularly play 4-5 tracks off it each show. Kid A is also pretty heavily played, particularly 'Idioteque' and 'Everything In It's Right Place'.

And of course, listen to their new album when it comes out.

Edited by yaniv297