Ezra Furman....headliner for Park or ?

not worthy

He was bumped up from the Brudenell to Leeds Met in October, so not a huge venue in either case. Can't wait, but I don't know if he'd be high up the list of Glastonbury acts yet. Which stage was he on recently, was it 2013?

My brother boked Ezra for the John Peel Centre in July.

Was a great little gig at a small venue - so small that ezra tripped over the drum set on the tiny stage more than once and ended on his arse.

His band were tight and really professional.  Ezra was ......qwerky!

Would easily manage a decent slot on the Park Stage

• 5 months later...

What's the latest thinking re Ezra Furman, is he going to be at Glastonbury? and which stage do you reckon? Can't see him on rumours list yet.

Watched him in Birmingham last night, would love to see him at Glastonbury.

The support band 'The Big Moon' were absolutely fantastic too, keep an eye out for them

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Playing Best Kept Secret in Holland the weekend before, no reason why not.

His R6 Fest set is on iPlayer. I wasn't as impressed as I hoped to be.

As for where he'd play, I'd have thought Park but @CaledonianGonzo has a feeling about a Pyramid slot. We have a small wager going...

yep, I watched the R6 fest set too and wasn't too impressed. given his own audience and a 1hr50 slot last night he just got better and better as he relaxed and enjoyed it more and more

not sure that necessarily bodes well for festival performances.

Preference would be the park as it just feels the right venue with a good size crowd. If he is I'll see you there BSR, at the shropshire flag...(much as they're hated) but it does get put down once friends are gathered pre set!!!!!

7 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Preference would be the park as it just feels the right venue with a good size crowd. If he is I'll see you there BSR, at the shropshire flag...(much as they're hated) but it does get put down once friends are gathered pre set!!!!!

Cheers NW, I may well see you there!  Sadly, I'm not sure too many of my group will be convinced to see "a bloke in a dress, with lipstick".

(Hopefully they read that and feel obliged to come now!)

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Just watching his set on iplayer. Haven't heard any of his recorded output really. Is this typical of all his albums as I really like this. Is there a good starting place or just dive in anywhere.

His last album is his best, but he only really plays stuff from that and the one before, called Day Of The Dog. He went from a pretty standard indie-ish sound to more of a 50's pop doo-wop sound. Both great albums though.

Before that he was in a band with The Harpoons, but I'm not really familiar with that work.

He will release a new EP in the next few weeks, which apparently are songs which didn't make the album.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Just watching his set on iplayer. Haven't heard any of his recorded output really. Is this typical of all his albums as I really like this. Is there a good starting place or just dive in anywhere.

Yep, just to second that, day of the dog and the last one. Or, if you're really short of time, just 'my zero' and 'wobbly'.

7 hours ago, Mardy said:

Yep, just to second that, day of the dog and the last one. Or, if you're really short of time, just 'my zero' and 'wobbly'.

It's a shame he almost only plays stuff off those albums because his first solo album and his stuff with The Harpoons are all fantastic - though perhaps a little less consistent. Just check out this colossal tune.

Anyway, I started listening to Ezra when he was announced for Glastonbury and he's quickly become one of my favorite artists. Just phenomenal music.