PEARL JAM TO HEADLINE 2016

guypjfreak

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a massive fan of Opeth too, even though I don't have any other death metal in my collection.  I would be incredibly surprised to see them at Glastonbury, but think an early evening slot in JP would go down a storm.  Despite what the Glasto bookers think, metal is huge and any decent metal band will always be popular.

I'm a massive fan of Opeth too, even though I don't have any other death metal in my collection. I would be incredibly surprised to see them at Glastonbury, but think an early evening slot in JP would go down a storm. Despite what the Glasto bookers think, metal is huge and any decent metal band will always be popular.[/q

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

Opeth are basically a superior prog rock band with a black metal background. I think they would go down a storm at Glastonbury after all look how the audience laps up Muse and Radiohead_ two bands with impeccable prog tastic credentials.

• 2 weeks later...

The stakes just went up for a pyramid slot in 2016 (atleast in my tiny mind they did anyway) U.S tour finishing in May, Straight over the pond for a European tour (Again, in my mind)

Chris Cornell to sub headline and then join PJ onstage for hunger strike. I would be crying like a baby.

http://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-hint-at-2016-tour-meet-hugh-jackman/

All 4 minutes of it?

Hence my confusion. 

Mind you I refuse to belive PJ have any song clocking in at a mere 4 minutes. Did you miss a '0' off that?

Bloody hell, I've just checked on Spotify, a lot of them are pretty brief aren't they? Not what I expected. My bad. Apologies.

Edited by Mardy

Temple of the Dog was an amazing piece of art imo on my desert island list..a bit of useless info about hunger strike ......when Chris C was recording it Mr Eddie V started singing the "im going hungry " bit and Chris C liked it and invited Mr Eddie V to join him and thats how the hungerstrike you here now came about .

i seen them do crown of thornes twice but never seen hungerstrike would make for a heavenly glasto

nice to see such positive PJ vibes old sons

Chris Cornell's music would make me cry too. He's made for the Pyramid. 

Chris Cornell

Acoustic Higher Truth Tour 

Europe 2015

Following the huge success of his recent US tour, Chris Cornell will bring his critically acclaimed 'Higher Truth' tour to Europe, starting on 23rd March in Reykjavik, Iceland, before crossing the continent.

The tour will give European fans the chance to see Chris perform in an unplugged, up close and personal setting in venues which have been hand-picked to host the show, including tracks from his new album Higher Truth which was described by Metro as “heartbreakingly effective”, with Kerrang! magazine proclaiming it as "one of the best records Chris has made in the last 15 years.”

Produced by Brendan O’Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Neil Young), 'Higher Truth' showcases Cornell's constant evolution as a master songwriter, lyricist and musical craftsman – telling human stories which transcend musical genres.  Inspired by the stark arrangements of musicians like Nick Drake, Daniel Johnston and White Album-era Beatles, Cornell creates a musical universe unlike anything he has done before. Download 'Higher Truth' HERE.

Shows go onsale as follows (see below). For most shows, fans also have access to a special presale  - click on 'Buy' links below. Password: seasons (all lower case). 

Dates in green: presale Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 10:00am  to Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 10:00pm; onsale Thursday, November 12 at 10:00am (all local time).

Dates in black: presale Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 10:00am to Thursday, October 29, 2015; onsale Friday, October 30 at 10:00am. (all local time).

Dates in red: no presale. Shows go onsale IMMEDIATELY on October 26 at 10.00am (local time).

DateVenueLocationPresale
Mar 23Harpa Eldborg HallReykjavik, IcelandBuy 
Mar 26Moscow Vegas Concert HallMoscow, RussiaBuy 
Mar 28Finlandia HallHelsinki, FinlandBuy 
Mar 30DR KonserthusetStockholm, SwedenBuy 
Mar 31FolketeatretOslo, NorwayBuy 
Apr 02LaeiszhalleHamburg, GermanyBuy 
Apr 03Musikkens HusAalborg, DenmarkBuy 
Apr 05KoncerthusetCopenhagen, DenmarkBuy 
Apr 09TivoliVredenburgUtrecht, NetherlandsBuy 
Apr 10Bourla TheaterAntwerp, BelgiumBuy 
Apr 14Lisinski Concert HallZagreb, CroatiaBuy 
Apr 15Teatro RossettiTrieste, ItalyBuy 
Apr 18Auditorium Parco Della MusicaRome, ItalyBuy 
Apr 19Teatro Degli ArcimboldiMilan, ItalyBuy 
Apr 22TrianonParis, FranceBuy 
Apr 27Bridgewater HallManchester, UKBuy 
Apr 29Glasgow Royal Concert HallGlasgow, UKBuy 
Apr 30Colston HallBristol, UKBuy 
May 02Birmingham Symphony HallBirmingham. UKBuy 
May 03Royal Albert HallLondon, UKBuy 
May 06Mann AuditoriumTel Aviv, IsraelBuy 
May 07Roman AmphitheatreCaesarea, IsraelBuy

no mention of a euro tour as yet...only pinkpop but apperantly that is rumored every year according to 10c

Yeah, they're rumoured for Pinkpop every year and the festival has been trying very hard to get them to return over the last few years, but no luck so far. 

Their 1992 performance was without a doubt one of the best pinkpop/pearl jam performances ever.

Edited by Robinn